Pleasant Grove vs Gilmer

BIGTEX1972

We have come from a team that everyone feared, to the laughing stock of the state...trying to throw the ball in down pours, when we should make the Oline work, and let Bush, and Webb run the ball and maybe let Hurt have a few QB draws...this has become insane and hard to listen to!

• Like 2

Those in denial will just say that this years team isn't as talented as years past. The truth is that the coaching staff ####. The truly sad part is that Turner took over a program that was already on top and he knew what it took to get there and stay there but instead he let it fall to mediocrity instead. Clean house and bring in someone who will hold these kids accountable, chew on their butts when they need it and not try to please everyone. Someone who will work the kids hard and play the best players. Turner isn't the man for the job and everyone knows it.

• Like 1

Hats of to the defense, they kept us the game, but our head coach, to keep from hurting someones feelings (lol this is football) we keep playing 2 QBs, so the offense can NEVER  build any kind of momentum...you have to play the kid that gives you the best chance to win the game, that's coaching 1 o 1,  again we've gone from one of the most prolific offenses, in Texas HS history, to a bad football team that cant score a point....at home!  

34 minutes ago, GTownballer said:

Hats of to the defense, they kept us the game, but our head coach, to keep from hurting someones feelings (lol this is football) we keep playing 2 QBs, so the offense can NEVER  build any kind of momentum...you have to play the kid that gives you the best chance to win the game, that's coaching 1 o 1,  again we've gone from one of the most prolific offenses, in Texas HS history, to a bad football team that cant score a point....at home!  

The whole staff must be reevaluated at the end of the season with special scrutiny given to the O-line coaches.

Has anyone ever heard of a team at any level alternating 2 QB's every two series for the entire season?

Good luck the rest of the way PG. Y`all got a real good team that could be even better next year. Hope y`all have a long and injury free run into the playoffs.

For the Buckeyes, I guess it will probably be the same ol' same ol' next week in Pitt. Just hope we can actually score in this one.

1 hour ago, Buckeyebaseball21 said:

1st time in 230 straight games we have been held scoreless if this stands..Great Game Buckeye Defense!!!!

Hey, the Gilmer defense did do a great job the second half for sure! You guys have athletes! I saw them tonight! Looks like it is coaching.( Not to be mean, just saying) There were several times I was questioning the play calling. That one running back is a stud, I think 22?(for Gilmer) Y'all have athletes for sure!

Okay,some quick observations:

1. Great game by Gilmer defense. Really played outstanding after the first two series.  Adjusted well to PG, and didn't get sucked in on the sweeps too often.  If they play defense like that the rest of the way, they will be okay. 

2. But it won't matter if the Gilmer O line continues to play so poorly. I know people on here were saying Gilmer should run the ball. They couldn't. PG was in the backfield all night.  And Webb just doesn't have the burst this year.  The desire is there, but physically he just can't accelerate.  

3. Gilmer's passing game was affected by the poor O line play also.  Just inexcusable.  I don't care what offense you run, if you can't block, it doesn't work. 

4. Also, if you can't score on 1st and goal from the one, you shouldn't win. Gilmer could have made that a game midway through the third quarter with a TD. 

5. As far as the rotating QB situation, enough has already been said. It isn't fair to either kid.  I don't know who's better.  At this point I don't really care. Pick one and stick with him.  Let him get all the reps, and let him develop a rhythm. 

6.  PG is still good, but not as good as last year. They lack the big play threat in the passing game they had last year.  I think 4A div. 2 is a little down this year, so they still might be able to win state.  They can drain the time off a clock!   And their defense is still extremely good.  

my biggest concern for Gilmer going forward is that PG is now a better program than Gilmer. During the Traylor years, Gilmer routinely beat better teams because they were the better program.  So Gilmer was more disciplined, more focused, and expected to win games against teams that had more talent.  But now PG is the school with the better program.  Just consider the way both teams played Carthage.  Gilmer was totally overwhelmed, while PG thought they had a chance to win (and almost did). Better programs beat better teams all the time. Better programs allow average teams to become good, and good teams to become great.  Gilmer has a chance in the next couple of years to have a good team.  But PG now has the better program.  And I don't know if the Gilmer coaching staff can turn that around. 

• Like 3