Pleasant Grove vs Gilmer

BIGTEX1972

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Absolutely 

ETSN coach of the year last year.

Plus, one Could argue that Gibson outcoached Surrat in this year’s game. Carthage did win, but PG had a very good game plan and almost pulled out the victory in Carthage.

Surrat was toying with Gibson. Letting him think he was on his level fior a lil bit. He’s tricky that way. Gibson get outcoached at Gladewater?

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

1 minute ago, Hawks2021 said:

Gladewater game is what happens when two teams play who are pretty equal in talent and one team makes way too many mistakes - the team that didn't make mistakes wins....

Not sure coaching came into it...

Exactly. Carthage had undeniably more talent than Pleasant Grove, but one fumbled snap cost us a win. That’s good game planning and great coaching.

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Ima ride with the G until the end so for all the fake gilmer fans keep that same energy from here on out chumps

Good to see! Now you know how I felt all those years...

36 minutes ago, CallMeDaddy said:

Surrat was toying with Gibson. Letting him think he was on his level fior a lil bit. He’s tricky that way. Gibson get outcoached at Gladewater?

33 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

Out coached ??? No

out played yes

Gibson didn't get out coached...the DC did.

33 minutes ago, CallMeDaddy said:

Now that's funny right there. Surrat told his defense lets give up 275 on the ground and let them chew the clock so we lose the time of possession, and were only going to get 14yrds rushing. Then just when they think they have it won were going to jinx the QB's hands causing the ball to slip out for the only PG turnover. Then were going to really start playing football in the final minute and a half.  With all due respect Surrat doesn't TOY with any team.

1 hour ago, Sbk5280 said:

It's gonna be another cold and wet game night lol...Ready to get this game started already. Safe travels to all....Let's Go BUX!!!

Yep! Man its been a rainy football season. This game is going to be sloppy. Forecast calling for a steady down poor for the whole game! This is gonna be some smash mouth football!

PG didn't outcoach Carthage. PG executed Coach Gibson's plan to near perfection. I don't believe anybody in 4A, except Carthage, could have beaten the Hawks that night. When Carthage had the ball it moved the ball and scored. Surratt's plan burned the Hawks for over 400 passing yards. I think it was two great coaches.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Yep! Man its been a rainy football season. This game is going to be sloppy. Forecast calling for a steady down poor for the whole game! This is gonna be some smash mouth football!

This does not bode well for the Buckeyes then, they hate playing in the rain and do NOT play smash mouth football.

Just now, 68Hornet said:

PG didn't outcoach Carthage. PG executed Coach Gibson's plan to near perfection. I don't believe anybody in 4A, except Carthage, could have beaten the Hawks that night. When Carthage had the ball it moved the ball and scored. Surratt's plan burned the Hawks for over 400 passing yards. I think it was two great coaches.

Carthage scored but not every time they had the ball. They were stopped on 4th down and they also turned it over twice. There was no "out coached" in that game period. PG could not stop the passing attack from Carthage. Carthage could not stop the running attack from PG. Bottom line - Carthage needed a mistake in the final moments to win. 3rd and 1 on their thirty yard line. I would certainly say it wasn't a mistake by PG if Carthage would have forced the turnover but it was simply dropped out of the QB hands. I knew PG was not going to stop that passing attack on the final drive. The DB's were getting lost in coverage the whole night. It was the opening the Dawgs needed and they did what they do......WIN.

2 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Now that's funny right there. Surrat told his defense lets give up 275 on the ground and let them chew the clock so we lose the time of possession, and were only going to get 14yrds rushing. Then just when they think they have it won were going to jinx the QB's hands causing the ball to slip out for the only PG turnover. Then were going to really start playing football in the final minute and a half.  With all due respect Surrat doesn't TOY with any team.

Lol. He’s a magician that way 

1 minute ago, Nonothing said:

I think it will be a great game. It's district time. I figure the defense puts up thier best game of the year. 2 pick six and 5 sacks. 4 ints. Offense will surprise you and score when you least expect it. 

No doubt this year.

Hawks 45

Gilmer 14

Hahaha ur smoking crack 

1 minute ago, Nonothing said:

I think it will be a great game. It's district time. I figure the defense puts up thier best game of the year. 2 pick six and 5 sacks. 4 ints. Offense will surprise you and score when you least expect it. 

No doubt this year.

Hawks 45

Gilmer 14

Hahaha ur smoking crack