Garrison vs Beckville

Ilovefootball2

3 minutes ago, CT88 said:

No not a garrison coach. Just didn’t agree with your statement. I wasn’t at the SA game but it looks like it worked out well for y’all. And I have seen decisions made in playoffs that are risky and that team won...again easy to sit here and question any coaches decision. 

It's also easy to question his decision when he only has two winning seasons in his entire career up until this point!

8 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Taking risks when warranted is one thing, continually giving up field position and only making your opponent go 50-60 percent of the field more times than not is something else ... it's bad decision making .... shorter, quicker downfield passes on early downs would keep the opposing defense from stacking the box and do wonders for the running game ... we are way too predictable on offense ... and I don't blame the kicker for the whiffs, I blame the bonehead strategy .... 

I wouldn’t say it like you did but I think we will agree on kickoffs. Always better to pin them deep. However I will take a predictable offense that has put up, 41, 20 (half Crockett) 48,35,35,49,41

9 minutes ago, CT88 said:

I wouldn’t say it like you did but I think we will agree on kickoffs. Always better to pin them deep. However I will take a predictable offense that has put up, 41, 20 (half Crockett) 48,35,35,49,41

We have put up a good many points because we have out athlete most of the people we have played.  It just doesn't need to be this hard ...

28 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

It's also easy to question his decision when he only has two winning seasons in his entire career up until this point!

I guess the two state championships in 2005 and 2006 in Tatum as the DC doesn’t count.. just again what you choose to see... but I can see we are not going to agree on much. Good luck to SA the rest of the way. Maybe we will run into each other down the road and we can talk about this again. 

32 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Taking risks when warranted is one thing, continually giving up field position and only making your opponent go 50-60 percent of the field more times than not is something else ... it's bad decision making .... shorter, quicker downfield passes on early downs would keep the opposing defense from stacking the box and do wonders for the running game ... we are way too predictable on offense ... and I don't blame the kicker for the whiffs, I blame the bonehead strategy .... 

I don’t like the short squib kicks myself....BUT there is obviously a reason for it. Stand behind the coaches and team and keep moving forward. See ya Friday....Go Dawgs!

5 minutes ago, CT88 said:

I guess the two state championships in 2005 and 2006 in Tatum as the DC doesn’t count.. just again what you choose to see... but I can see we are not going to agree on much. Good luck to SA the rest of the way. Maybe we will run into each other down the road and we can talk about this again. 

To be fair, Evan's offense had a lot to do with those SC.. Lol.. When teams chasing instead of leading it makes a small difference.. But again, he is very good with defense.. And again I'm not questioning his prowess as hc. 

I’m trying to figure out how we have our own Garrison supporters questioning our coaches. If Garrison would have ran power every play running the ball against Beckville lastnight they could have score 60+ but when you get to the playoffs you have to have balance and run more than 3 plays to win games. Support your coaching staff and the decisions they make whether good or bad. I bet if Scott Surratt makes those same calls with the same outcomes nobody’s says a word.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AlphaDawg said:

I’m trying to figure out how we have our own Garrison supporters questioning our coaches. If Garrison would have ran power every play running the ball against Beckville lastnight they could have score 60+ but when you get to the playoffs you have to have balance and run more than 3 plays to win games. Support your coaching staff and the decisions they make whether good or bad. I bet if Scott Surratt makes those same calls with the same outcomes nobody’s says a word.....

After watching first 10 offensive plays for garrison, my oldest son turned to me and said that y'all working for the playoffs tonight.. At the time it seemed logical so maybe it's so.. Secondary needs a little tweeking and looks like yall ready.. Js 

4 hours ago, CT88 said:

Wasnt his teams 

One of my favorite stories that heard from a coach was this. High School soccer game going on and a parent  in the stands was just giving the coaches and officials heck. During a time out one of the coaches went to the bleachers and asked him to calm it down. The parent yelled at the coach "hey I am a soccer coach". The coach turned to him (he knew him) and yelled no your not your an insurance salesman, which he was. Look, support your team is a must. Being respectful of your opponent is a must. Being an anonymous expert on Smoaky just makes me laugh

46 minutes ago, longwheelbase said:

One of my favorite stories that heard from a coach was this. High School soccer game going on and a parent  in the stands was just giving the coaches and officials heck. During a time out one of the coaches went to the bleachers and asked him to calm it down. The parent yelled at the coach "hey I am a soccer coach". The coach turned to him (he knew him) and yelled no your not your an insurance salesman, which he was. Look, support your team is a must. Being respectful of your opponent is a must. Being an anonymous expert on Smoaky just makes me laugh

I'm not an anonymous expert, I'm just a poster, and I'm not anonymous cause almost everyone we play has met Me.. And I agree about the respect part, I never dish on the other teams or their coaches, but I do have opinions and I'll post them, sometimes. But I try to never be disrespectful in any way. When the doc's first told me I had cancer, the voices of my coaches rang in my head "stay low son and play till the whistle" Tru story. I think I missed half of that first couple of sentences because all I could hear was my old coach in my memories "you have to be a leader son, look around you, man up".i looked up straight up into the eyes of my 12 year old son,.  Coaches make a difference even thirty five years later. Chain out... 

• Like 1

Dawgs gonna fix it,  you naysayers can go back under your rock,  y’all come out when we are doing good and then complain and criticize every move a coach makes.   Yes the kids overlooked the Bearcats last night and got into a close game in a down pour rain storm.   This team has a core of leaders that are top notch.  That’s counting the coaching staff and the senior class and a couple of the juniors. 

13 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I'm not an anonymous expert, I'm just a poster, and I'm not anonymous cause almost everyone we play has met Me.. And I agree about the respect part, I never dish on the other teams or their coaches, but I do have opinions and I'll post them, sometimes. But I try to never be disrespectful in any way. When the doc's first told me I had cancer, the voices of my coaches rang in my head "stay low son and play till the whistle" Tru story. I think I missed half of that first couple of sentences because all I could hear was my old coach in my memories "you have to be a leader son, look around you, man up".i looked up straight up into the eyes of my 12 year old son,.  Coaches make a difference even thirty five years later. Chain out... 

Wasn't referring to anyone specific just the nature of Smoaky.com. Your attitude about your cancer is commendable and I wish you health and happiness. Yes, coaches have a huge influence on the lives of young people and hopefully a positive one. I just have a difficult time with some on here that criticize everything from play calling to defensive philosophy. If they really want to help then go to the Fieldhouse and ask for the marker and step up to the dry erase board

7 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

For clarity, at the time, we didn't know if it was accute or chronic.. Whether I was lookin at living or dying. In that instant in time, the clarity was pristine, I would at all costs show my children how to play the fourth quarter and leave it all on the field. 

Glad you came out of it.  Need this attitude not only in sports but for life.  Hell, more people in our country need it.  There are many good lessons to be learned from team sports.  I think they are invaluable to our well being and success.

On 10/14/2018 at 2:04 PM, Doomer said:

Yes they will, Dawgs won't score no 42 though. Not saying they may not score at all though.

Here to humbly eat crow. Dawgs scordt 42 AND they held off the Bearcats. I was wrong and did not see this coming. TrueStorie

8 hours ago, AlphaDawg said:

I can assure you Scott Surratt wouldn't be making the bonehead decisions I saw last night ....

12 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I can assure you Scott Surratt wouldn't be making the bonehead decisions I saw last night ....

Carthage ISD. Has 21 football coaches on the payroll and Garrison ISD has 7.   I think our 7 are doing just fine,  if the fake punt works then no one is saying anything,  if we get a couple turnovers with the short kickoffs like we do sometimes no one is saying anything. Let the coaches coach and we just come out and support the dawgs.  Easy as that!!   

On another note,  I heard the Bulldog football boys and coaches  all showed up for the band competition at SFA today to cheer on the band that plays and cheers for them every Friday night. That right there is what it’s all about.  Very easily could’ve laid in the bed this morning but they were up and rooting for their classmates and school.