NBA Regular Season 2018-19

MrBuddyGarrity

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

Lurking in the shadows, but definitely enjoying this road trip. 😊💚☘️

Im not sure what Kyrie and company said to each other on the now infamous plane ride but it's working so far, hope they keep the consistency going. 

• Like 1

Not sure what is going on with Russ, but fans are going to be relentless with him going forward. Not saying i condone the type of heckling he is getting, but now that road opponents know how easy he is to rile up, some stupid stuff is going to be said...this may end badly

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Not sure what is going on with Russ, but fans are going to be relentless with him going forward. Not saying i condone the type of heckling he is getting, but now that road opponents know how easy he is to rile up, some stupid stuff is going to be said...this may end badly

I have no issue on Russ side but that fan got exposed last night afterwards, it's not the first time he's done it and he went after Russ on social media last year, I think he planned for this to happen last night, and of course he took the typical route most of the idiots have these days and deleted at least one of his social media accounts last night but the screenshots are still around.

Utah has had a problem with some fans getting outta hand there lately, specifically when OKC is in town (see playoffs last yr). They gave the guy along with others a warning during the game, what they should've done was kick him and the others out, that's probably what they'll end up doing now after this latest situation. 

Patrick Patterson had some words on it last night after the game that folks can look up and I agree 100% with what he said and what Russ said in his presser. 

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I have no issue on Russ side but that fan got exposed last night afterwards, it's not the first time he's done it and he went after Russ on social media last year, I think he planned for this to happen last night, and of course he took the typical route most of the idiots have these days and deleted at least one of his social media accounts last night but the screenshots are still around.

Utah has had a problem with some fans getting outta hand there lately, specifically when OKC is in town (see playoffs last yr). They gave the guy along with others a warning during the game, what they should've done was kick him and the others out, that's probably what they'll end up doing now after this latest situation. 

Patrick Patterson had some words on it last night after the game that folks can look up and I agree 100% with what he said and what Russ said in his presser. 

Russ has a right to respond. Fans dont realize, tickets get you into the game, not free reign to say what you want without consequence. Utah fans have been bad for a looooong time. They kind of followed after the image of Jerry Sloans teams, dirty. 

Just saying this isnt the first incident that Russ has been involved in, and idiots out there are going to be falling all over themselves to have their same moment and try to get into his head. Ushers and NBA security need to be on their toes, i have a feeling if they dont step up, something bad is going to happen...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

NBA cannot be happy about potential Houston/Golden State semifinal. 

Portland tied with Houston but holds the #3 seed due to tiebreakers

Portland schedule:

@ Detriot, @ Minnesota, vs. Memphis, @ Denver, vs. Denver, @ LA Lakers, vs. Sacramento

Houston schedule:

vs. Sacramento, @ Sacramento, @ LA ClippersClippers, vs. NY Knicks, vs. Phoenix, @ OKC

Lakers have shutdown Bron for the rest of the season. Probably should've been done that. 

And then there's this: Kristaps Porzingis Under NYPD Investigation For Allegedly Raping A Woman The Day After He Tore His ACL; Here’s Her Side of the Story https://t.co/muI1XxNTxe via @SPSportsEnt https://t.co/KOIDBpRMft

On 3/30/2019 at 6:59 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Lakers have shutdown Bron for the rest of the season. Probably should've been done that. 

And then there's this: Kristaps Porzingis Under NYPD Investigation For Allegedly Raping A Woman The Day After He Tore His ACL; Here’s Her Side of the Story https://t.co/muI1XxNTxe via @SPSportsEnt https://t.co/KOIDBpRMft

The Porzingis story is weird. Not a cut and dry extortion case like the Knicks made it sound like...

Magic Johnson has stepped down as the Lakers' President, reports @ShamsCharania. https://t.co/LBwSi9749X

Per Woj: Since taking over as president of the Lakers, Magic Johnson never fully committed to the job. Often he was traveling and away from the team. His office hours were limited. He didn't do a lot of scouting. Running an NBA team takes a tremendous commitment of time and energy. Lakers coaching staff fully expected to be fired in hours after the final game of the season. They had believed they were gone for months. Now? Magic quits in public, saying he's too scared to tell Jeanie Buss face-to-face. What an embarrassing episode for a historic franchise.

Wow! 

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

I would take the over but with Houston choking down the stretch against OKC again last night im not sure...

I’m not buying Houston this year. Once they get in the playoffs and Harden is officiated the same way everyone else is then I think they will drop off.

Chris Paul isn’t the same and I don’t think they can defend like they could last year.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I’m not buying Houston this year. Once they get in the playoffs and Harden is officiated the same way everyone else is then I think they will drop off.

Chris Paul isn’t the same and I don’t think they can defend like they could last year.

Definitely not buying into Paul. I think that was a horrible contract and it is just going to get worse.

My concern with Harden is the same concern I have had the last two or three years and that is burnout. He has logged soo many minutes, and when they hit the third round, his legs are going to be dead. That is what doomed the Rockets more than anything last year. They didn't have the legs to finish the seven game series. Paul might have been able to put them over the top, but they were gassed. So was Golden State, but they had just enough to escape.

The defense has been better since the All-Star break. I want to say they have had a top-5 defense since then. That is a big improvement from where they were, but I have doubts about them sustaining that during the playoffs when they see better offenses.