NBA Regular Season 2018-19

MrBuddyGarrity

Rockets starting to look more like the Rockets. Thankfully the West has been beating itself up, so while the Rockets are in 12th place with a .500 record, the are just 5.5 back from first place Denver and 3 behind a Lakers team they handled over the weekend for the 4th seed

• 3 weeks later...

Celtics win their 2nd straight game 

Celtics beat Grizzlies 122-116. 

Kyrie finishes with 38 points, 7 rebounds and 11 assists

Eight straight wins for the C's at the TD Garden.

Kyrie Irving had 38 points, including 20 in the third quarter and 28 in the second half as a whole, 11 assists and 7 rebounds. And he got after it on defense too.

And Marcus Smart somehow tops all of that by going 6-8 from behind the arc!

3rd straight win. After Marcus Smart got ejected we started playing with aggression aka Celtics basketball. Smart wins my vote for mvp of this one. 

Celtics 113, Hawks 105. Final.
32 for Kyrie.
Cs trailed for about 38 minutes but did enough on defense when they needed to.

Celtics 123, Cavaliers 103

Terry Rozier does his best Kyrie Irving impression (26 points on 9-of-13 shooting, 8 rebounds, 6 assists) as Boston wins its fifth in a row.

Up next: Saturday Night’s Main Event vs. the Warriors.

Scary Terry had 22 in the 1st half, did not miss a shot or a FT. 

Can we all just take a moment and take in what James Harden is doing right now. Currently the 7th best PPG in NBA history with only 2 players ahead of him (Wilt & MJ). This is a regular season for the ages. Sadly it will kill his legs and postseason Harden is going to be bad. 

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

Can we all just take a moment and take in what James Harden is doing right now. Currently the 7th best PPG in NBA history with only 2 players ahead of him (Wilt & MJ). This is a regular season for the ages. Sadly it will kill his legs and postseason Harden is going to be bad. 

As soon as Capela went down I told one of my buddies Beard would have to avg almost 60ppg just to win games now. Good individual effort by him nonetheless, but im not sure when the last time Htown won back-to-back games. He needs help badly. 

1 minute ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

As soon as Capela went down I told one of my buddies Beard would have to avg almost 60ppg just to win games now. Good individual effort by him nonetheless, but im not sure when the last time Htown won back-to-back games. He needs help badly. 

Faried isn't a bad filler until Capela gets back. Having Gordon back is nice, but they need the full compliment of players on the court. House has cooled off, and PJ Tucker is limited offensively. I look for the Rockets to be very active in the trade market. They need another 3&D guy...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topher805 said:

Faried isn't a bad filler until Capela gets back. Having Gordon back is nice, but they need the full compliment of players on the court. House has cooled off, and PJ Tucker is limited offensively. I look for the Rockets to be very active in the trade market. They need another 3&D guy...

Would be nice for them if Rivers & Green stepped up, specifically Rivers, it's kinda the reason they brought him in. He started off hot when he got there. Htown is the one squad currently in the NBA that seriously cannot afford any more injuries. 

Warriors 115, Celtics 111. Final.
32 and 10 for Kyrie, but the Cs will feel like they let this one slip away.

Warriors had 2 turnovers in the final secs, C's couldn't capitalize. Warriors missed 2 FTs with 8secs left and got the rebound and closed the game with 2 Curry FTs. 

Give me 7 games of these teams in the NBA Finals. 

Anthony Davis has requested a trade and told the Pelicans he has no intention of signing an extension if offered, per @wojespn https://t.co/jyOyRD2B4n

https://amp.si.com/nba/2019/01/28/new-orleans-pelicans-anthony-davis-trade-request?__twitter_impression=true

The timing of this Anthony Davis news is not ideal for the Celtics. Pelicans don’t have to trade him now, of course. But the Celtics can’t acquire the superstar until this summer unless they move Kyrie Irving, and the point of landing Davis would be to pair him with Kyrie.

Lakers the likely destination. League wants the Lakers/Celtics rivalry back come playoff time so it makes sense. 

New Orleans already salty they lost to LA once this month (Rams), they gonna riot in tears if Anthony Davis goes to LA (Lakers) 😂

Trade deadline is Feb 7th. 

Lakers have to move on AD now cause Boston has the most to offer if this goes past the trade deadline. Pay attention to Feb 7th and July 1st. Those are key dates.