Where is the love for Gunter

blueflu

I am thinking Newton wins 3A  div 2 title and doesn’t allow over 20 points total in district or playoffs.  Just my honest opinion!  They played a good non district schedule and gave up some points but that’s over, now on to real business.  Gunter May play them in SC but it’s over already! 

5 minutes ago, DawgPound73 said:

I am thinking Newton wins 3A  div 2 title and doesn’t allow over 20 points total in district or playoffs.  Just my honest opinion!  They played a good non district schedule and gave up some points but that’s over, now on to real business.  Gunter May play them in SC but it’s over already! 

They will win state but they will give up more than 20. Probably more like 60-100

16 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

To be honest, don’t think a whole lot of folks on this board care about Gunter. 

Not surprising.  We are not exactly in east Texas.  However having played some east texas teams over the years we have come up in this forum quite a bit.  This is the only real forum for our class there is in the state of Texas and I think Gunter has been pretty well respected in these parts the last few years.  It is the only place to get any kind of thread going.    I am a fan myself now of many of these teams like Waskom, Daingerfield, West Rusk, Winona, Newton, etc.   State finals aside, I like to see Newton represent 3AD2 well against their solid 4A competition.

We will go west for the beginning of the playoffs so we will have to create our own presence in this east Texas board.

1 hour ago, GTAlumnus said:

Not surprising.  We are not exactly in east Texas.  However having played some east texas teams over the years we have come up in this forum quite a bit.  This is the only real forum for our class there is in the state of Texas and I think Gunter has been pretty well respected in these parts the last few years.  It is the only place to get any kind of thread going.    I am a fan myself now of many of these teams like Waskom, Daingerfield, West Rusk, Winona, Newton, etc.   State finals aside, I like to see Newton represent 3AD2 well against their solid 4A competition.

We will go west for the beginning of the playoffs so we will have to create our own presence in this east Texas board.

Much respect for Gunter!  Bring more of your fans over to SDC!  

6 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

I think people not caring about Gunter is just a couple of opinions on here.  Besides....Gunter has played Waskom , D’field, New Diana, and Newton to name a few, so lots of east texas people are very familiar with the Tigers. I enjoy having y’all post on here and always look forward to it. Your presence here is already created my friend. Good luck Friday night too !!

16 hours ago, Timboslice79 said:

Gunter ain’t bad. They played waskom tough 3 years in a row, they just happened to lose all three. I was glad to see them get a championship. I would venture to say tho that it’s a safe bet to say most years the sc will be from the east.

Thanks, but we only played Waskom twice and lost, and they won state both years.