Week 9: Atlanta Rabbits @ Jefferson Bulldogs - District Championship

H3llR4z0r

Atlanta Rabbits @ Jefferson Bulldogs  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the District 7-3AD1 front runner?

• Atlanta Rabbits
    • Jefferson Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2018 at 12:30 AM

Good luck to Jefferson the rest of the way! I hope we get another shot down the road. Atlanta's offense failed to get anything going. Multiple opportunities and they were squandered, including the horrible time management before halftime. 

Y'all have a good squad. I hope both parties do there part to meet in the post-season. Looks like y'all will probably draw Mineola in the first round if I was guessing. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dawg665 said:

I’m the humble type, don’t really rub salt, but what in the hell was Atlantas game plan? It must’ve rained on defense day at practice or something. 

You can be humble, but your Dawgs are for real! Top 10 baby! West Rusk out, Jefferson in!

2 minutes ago, Dawg665 said:

Tbh I don’t wanna be ranked! We’ve done just fine out of the top 10 and I hope we stay that way til the week before Christmas!

I said from week one, y'all are the real deal! Stay humble, but proud! Ride that baby all the way to the end! Them boys whooped my Pirates week one!😀

• Like 2

Atlanta- 269 yards on 70 plays 

19 first downs 

2 penalties for 12 yards 

2 fumbles none lost 

46 carries for 140 yards 

Samples 12-24 for 129 yards, 1 Int 

Jefferson-  ? yards on 52 plays 

28 first downs 

3 penalties for 15 yards 

3 fumbles none lost

28 totes for 357 yards 

Black - 8 attempts for 179 yards 

Williams -4 totes for 109 yards 

Hodge - 10 of 16 for 136 yards passing 

Jackson- 7 catches for 115 yards, 3 scores 

On 10/25/2018 at 11:57 AM, frozeng03 said:

Where is this 50 points scoring coming from? Yes we are averaging  about that many in district but didn’t  say we are going to score that on the Dogs.  Both team have the ability to score points without a question, I just hope for a injury free game and hopefully the rabbs have enough to pull out a W. 

It was on the scoreboard......55-21

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dawg665 said:

I’m the humble type, don’t really rub salt, but what in the hell was Atlantas game plan? It must’ve rained on defense day at practice or something. 

I'm not sure what the game plan was, but I can say this:

Atlanta's defense was not the issue this game. You probably think that sounds crazy, but Atlanta fans knew that we wouldn't shut Jefferson down, and didn't expect it. We wanted our defense to give our offense a chance to score and keep us above water, which the defense did. If Atlanta had the number of stops they had tonight against Gilmer, Gladewater, or PG, we would have won all of those games. The problem tonight came on the side of the ball no Atlanta fan thought we'd struggle on. Be that it was Jefferson's superb defensive effort, Atlanta's lack of blocking, dropped passes, or just misques, Atlanta's offense struggled all night. Dropped snaps on 3rd down plays, dropped passes, getting blown off the football all night long. Atlanta's offense is what failed tonight. They had 3 - 3 and outs in a row in the 2nd quarter, 5 in the first half. That leaves their defense on the field far too long to expect them to hold Jefferson to any sort of reasonable point total. 

That being said, we gotta get back on it in the a.m. and fix what problems we still have. We still have a talented group of kids, we just have to get them all firing on all cylinders. 

• Like 1