Cameron Yoe vs. Rockdale - Battle of the Bell

Tigers89

Another Battle of the Bell game.  The pressure you would think be on the Tigers with the loss to Troy.  If I understand the point system the Tigers have to win by more than 13 points. The win the Yoemen had over Troy was 39 - 26 but I believe there is more pressure on HC Brashear and the Yoemen to pull off a victory.  Brashear does not want his legacy while being the HC of the Yoemen tarnished any worse with another loss to the Tigers.  A victory for the Yoemen would put them in the driver seat for the district title with 2 games left with Manor Tech and Lago Vista.  Yoe Field will be standing room only tonight.  This is what Friday night football is all about.  

52 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

Another Battle of the Bell game.  The pressure you would think be on the Tigers with the loss to Troy.  If I understand the point system the Tigers have to win by more than 13 points. The win the Yoemen had over Troy was 39 - 26 but I believe there is more pressure on HC Brashear and the Yoemen to pull off a victory.  Brashear does not want his legacy while being the HC of the Yoemen tarnished any worse with another loss to the Tigers.  A victory for the Yoemen would put them in the driver seat for the district title with 2 games left with Manor Tech and Lago Vista.  Yoe Field will be standing room only tonight.  This is what Friday night football is all about.  

Indeed. Games like tonight at Yoe Field are what Friday nights in Texas are all about. The atmosphere will be crazy. Both teams want this one badly. 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

14 yoe 0 tigers halftime

Sounds like yoe is on it tonight. Tatum up against WR 35-10 at half. 

Hats off to the Yoemen. Our offense was stagnant all night and it put our defense in tough situations too often. #25 #1 and #4 are some great playmakers for you guys. Hopefully the Tigers can learn and move forward from this. As for now, the 3rd spot in district looks to be ours. 

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Was goin to talk to you but you were into the game and didnt want to throw off your grove lmao

I'm too caucasian to have a groove, unless there's a guitar in my hands! LOL! Was that you that came up the steps there in the 4th? Shoulda introduced yourself! I was lookin' forward to meeting you! And sending a selfie to Mike!

8 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

I'm too caucasian to have a groove, unless there's a guitar in my hands! LOL! Was that you that came up the steps there in the 4th? Shoulda introduced yourself! I was lookin' forward to meeting you! And sending a selfie to Mike!

Yeah that was me and my dad... I was goin to introduce myself but then a big play happened... Then another one and another... Lmao it was like trying to talk over a live rockband.... Man it was packed at yoe field tonight

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Great win for the Yoemen.  The win puts the Yoemen in control of the district.  Drops the Tigers to 3rd place.  This Yoemen team is going to be a hard out when playoff time rolls around.  

All academic as long as Franklin's in the picture. That team is going to be an absolute beast.

6 hours ago, CameronYOE said:

I waited until this game to break my silence, and I like what I saw tonight, way to GO YOE! And I was happy to see the Yoe crowd come out in full force, Glad to see things are back on track.

The crowd was there, but still not what it used to be...

7 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Yeah that was me and my dad... I was goin to introduce myself but then a big play happened... Then another one and another... Lmao it was like trying to talk over a live rockband.... Man it was packed at yoe field tonight

Well, I'm disappointed, but still breathin', so...

Don't be a stranger - Yall come back anytime! And say "Howdy!" next time!

2 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

All academic as long as Franklin's in the picture. That team is going to be an absolute beast.

If everything goes well for both the Yoemen and the Lions it won't be until the regional finals before they would meet.  There is a lot of obstacles for both teams before that happens.  

Very impressive win.  Rockdale was going to force Brashear to make plays, and he did.  IMO, a huge game for him and this offense to come through the way they did.  

It's all about tuning up for the postseason run now with New Tech and Lago left on the schedule.  You have to like the way the bracket is looking at this point.  

6 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

Very impressive win.  Rockdale was going to force Brashear to make plays, and he did.  IMO, a huge game for him and this offense to come through the way they did.  

It's all about tuning up for the postseason run now with New Tech and Lago left on the schedule.  You have to like the way the bracket is looking at this point.  

I agree it was one of Braeshear's better games.  He came up big on his passing and with his legs.  Young #4 had a very nice game.  What can you say about #14 Holt.  His punting changed field position a couple of times.  Steamer #7 is getting impressive as a 2nd back behind Vargas.  Overall a very nice game on both sides of the ball.