Tenaha vs Garrison

RetiredDawg10

41 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I'm thinking tenaha is gonna try to establish a good running game, picking up several first downs and pulling the secondary up for passes over the top. This is the only weakness I'm finding in the garrison d, susceptibility to the pass,maybe a counter on the back side linebacker that's coming down hill, if he misses the runner it'll be on in a hurry. 

As for garrison, they arw gonna try establishing the slot run and eat the clock up as much as they can, long sustained drive capped with a td is the ticket for them.. Limits the Tigers attempts and shortens the game considerably. Garrison Will throw if you force them to or run a 10-1 defense and shut the run game down.. Js 

Garrison needs to do the same thing you suggested for Tennyhaw ... just shorter quicker passes, some on early downs, don't wait until 3rd down to pass, be less predictable.  Quick slant passes, slip a faster back out on a linebacker ... get them out of the box and the power and counter running game will be there to move the sticks and eat the clock ... You are right, Garrison can't continue to get beaten deep and over the middle ... the safeties need to support quickly and we need to make their QB uncomfortable with the pass rush .... also, we need to stop giving opponents a short field ... we need to play field position when warranted ...

• Thanks 1

My prediction is Tenaha creates match up problems with their taller WR. Garrison DB do not adjust well  to motion from the spread. If they misalign it could create big plays for the Tigers. If the Tigers get out early then it may change the Dawg  game plan. Defense will be key to this game as to who can stop who.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, DawgPound73 said:

No one plays a mistake free game,  if you’re talking about vs. Joaquin then we played a great game but made a mistakes.  Mostly letting them score 15 points in trash time  and only scoring 35.  Should’ve been 49-0.  #22 didn’t run in 2nd half and #17 didn’t throw a pass in 2nd half.  

I don't believe you're saying this. Joaquin played mistake-free ball?

ITS ON LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!! The Dawgs will fight! Tenaha is playing in a harder Division this year that’s a congratulations to them!! Tenaha has been weak in division ll! No competition! Well welcome to competition this year! Tenaha can fly they have a great coach! The dawgs are big and fast to will wear you down! Time will tell! It’s going to be sloppy, field is WET!! Hopefully that will consider slowing down the speed of the tigers!! Dawgs in a close one with a late FG 17-14!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, hunter92 said:

Everyone is tight lipped, must be curious as I am about how these teams will match up.

Well, tenaha gonna be tall and fast, and garrison gonna be fast and big.. So you get to draw your own conclusions as to the outcome. Guessing that the team that gets to successfully implement their game plan would win. Ain't raining for a change so the ball shouldn't be overly slippery,and pass game should be available. 

5 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Well, tenaha gonna be tall and fast, and garrison gonna be fast and big.. So you get to draw your own conclusions as to the outcome. Guessing that the team that gets to successfully implement their game plan would win. Ain't raining for a change so the ball shouldn't be overly slippery,and pass game should be available. 

Yes Sir.  Everyone has a mental picture of how the game might go, but won't be sure until it's teed up.  I expect a big effort from both teams.  These are the games where young men are proven and legends are sometimes made.  Pray for no injuries on either side and that all the guys play their best games.  I'm anxious to watch it unfold.

Dawgs gonna pound and run the occasional misdirection with Watts. Tenaha gonna use double moves on a wet field. Dawgs gonna bring pressure which will leave DB on an island. Can Dawgs keep the ball away from Tenaha? Can Tenaha make enough big plays in passing game to edge em out? My guess and it’s just a guess Garrison 21-17....... Or it will be Tenaha 35-21.....