Tenaha vs Garrison

RetiredDawg10

2 hours ago, 24Deep said:

Its not going to kill the town the town has began to build yet its waiting for the corps of engineering TXDOT to complete their plans. Nobody but Hispanics live in the city limits, Deadwood kids should be going to Tenaha but choose Carthage ISd. Old Center and Paxton is were Tenaha draws there kids, the last time I was there I saw a lot of new families! As well there is a huge Hispanic population South of 96 in Flatfork as well kids from Bobo and New Prospect all knew families that moved in from somewhere else. 

What do you have against hispanics?

This 24 guy still  upset or mad that the Tigers lost just shut up about it if you’ll make it again we’ll see y’all again !!  I’ll we have to do is flash the quarterback single out  Number one hit him a couple times and he will bow down like he did the other not in the third-quarter he’s not got hit like you did the other night 

7 hours ago, 24Deep said:

Its not going to kill the town the town has began to build yet its waiting for the corps of engineering TXDOT to complete their plans. Nobody but Hispanics live in the city limits, Deadwood kids should be going to Tenaha but choose Carthage ISd. Old Center and Paxton is were Tenaha draws there kids, the last time I was there I saw a lot of new families! As well there is a huge Hispanic population South of 96 in Flatfork as well kids from Bobo and New Prospect all knew families that moved in from somewhere else. 

First of all, you may need a geography lesson. To send Deadwood kids to Tenaha they would have to either A. Cross the river at Yellow Dog by boat; B. Ride a bus down FM 2517 THROUGH no less than 20 miles of Carthage ISD to get into Tenaha ISD; or C. Ride a bus south THROUGH Logansport’s district in Louisiana, then THROUGH 9 miles of Joaquin ISD to get into Tenaha ISD. So, which of these routes do you prefer? Once you give us a coherent answer on that, I’ll start educating you on all the white folks and black folks I know that live inside the city limits of Tenaha. Maybe, once you understand that, I can tell you about how I-69 isn’t good for your hometown. 

8 hours ago, 24Deep said:

Deadwood kids should go to Tenaha... Well there is it. The stupidest thing ever put on Smoaky

12 hours ago, 24Deep said:

Dude I told them at the truck stop they would be D2 in three years they didn't believe me. That super highway 69 is going bring 100 of thousands of jobs plus other building project in Lufkin and Sam Rayburn area's.

Well they are 2A Div 1 now not D2.  Plus you said 3A Div 1 by 5 years.  Interstate 69 will take 10-15 years before it reaches Garrison Timpson Tenaha areas.  

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:54 PM, KirtFalcon said:

You don't know what you are talking about.  Check out Joe Lee Smith's Texas High School All-Time statistics database ... He is the authority on Texas High School Football historical records ... I have looked it up several times ... you are a clueless troll who crawled out of the woodwork like a termite ... lol ... 

Week 13 is over and you sitting home again singing the hound dogg blues

On 10/29/2018 at 7:45 AM, AKA said:

Whoa whoa whoa...  pump the brakes on that, chief. You oughta see some of the stuff that the mods have to delete/hide. 

Perhaps the SDC Moderators could start a yearly “Previously Deleted Stupidest  Posts of the Year” Special Thread!😂

2 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Perhaps the SDC Moderators could start a yearly “Previously Deleted Stupidest  Posts of the Year” Special Thread!😂

Too many candidates, voting would be impossible.  :D 

• LOL! 1

Just now, CarthDawg77 said:

Y’all could create the first ever SDC Electoral College to facilitate the One True Winner!....😂

Nah, the Russians would just hack it and give all the votes to Lion.  :D 

24 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

We would lose so many brain cells in the process of narrowing it down all the mods would turn into Daingerfield fans. 

Literally LOL'd at that one.   :lol:

• Thanks 1

Reading through this was entertaining to say the least! The Tenaha troll actually made a few good points, but has WAY too many facts wrong.

I do agree about the Chavis McCollister squads in 97 and 98. In my humble opinion I think they were the best small school squads to come from these parts from about 1990 to the present. I watched them beat a very good Elysian Fields squad in 98 that faced mighty Celina two years in a row in the state finals,  and fall just short of a very good Logansport squad in 1997 by a score of 58-60 in a great game!  McCollister was the real deal. The best I've seen in person around here. He was heavily recruited by some top 20 schools to play defense. A lot of people don't realize just how strong he was! He hit the big kid from Elysian Fields (Chris ?) who played for A &M and totally destroyed him! There were other good players on those squads as well.

The question most people ask is how does Tenaha and Garrison win year in and year out? I know there is extreme strong bloodline involved, but there are recruits and move ins in both towns. As there is in every town that wins year in and year out. To include Newton as much as they hate to admit it! They have kids come in from Jasper and Louisiana.

I'm not sure, but didn't Garrison have the Watts twins from Center this year? and I know Tenaha gets players from other places. The big Patton kid is a life long Joaquin resident, but moved to Tenaha this year to play his freshman year. He will be a SERIOUS force in Tenaha the next 3 years. A difference maker. 

Same with Logansport. Their recent state winning team had some Center and Mansfield kids playing for them.

Chavis McCollister was one of the greatest athletes I’ve ever watched play a sport, any sport, in person at any level.

That guy had maybe the strongest arm or could throw a football harder than anyone I’ve seen throw a football. McCollister could run around like Kyler Murray except with five times the strength and difficulty to tackle. This dude was a super freak athlete. Tigers would snap the ball and he’d just run around behind the line of scrimmage toying with the defenders trying to sack him until one of his receivers came open 60 yards downfield and hit them with it. 

If McCollister has been at Carthage we’d have won multiple state championships with him well before Surratt came around. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Chavis McCollister was one of the greatest athletes I’ve ever watched play a sport, any sport, in person at any level.

That guy had maybe the strongest arm or could throw a football harder than anyone I’ve seen throw a football. McCollister could run around like Kyler Murray except with five times the strength and difficulty to tackle. This dude was a super freak athlete. Tigers would snap the ball and he’d just run around behind the line of scrimmage toying with the defenders trying to sack him until one of his receivers came open 60 yards downfield and hit them with it. 

If McCollister has been at Carthage we’d have won multiple state championships with him well before Surratt came around. 

I watched him in person once and followed him the rest of his career. Saw him play about 20 games total, and I've never seen anything like it in person. That is including college and pro games.. I followed him a little in college as he dominated at Trinity Valley as  a running back. Then I left the area. Shortly after he was injured at Tarlton I think?

Apparently he took bad advice out of high school? Could have played just about anywhere but chose Trinity so he could play football and basketball. He also had offers to play pro baseball out of high school as well.  Probably would have had the strongest arm in the MLB. I didn't see it in person but it is well known that he could put his back on the centerfield fence and throw it all the way to the catcher!!! 

There were other really good players on those 97 and 98 Tenaha squads. Kennis Hednerson  is one name that sticks out, but McCollister was so dominant I don't really remember the other players names.

3 minutes ago, easttex18 said:

I watched him in person once and followed him the rest of his career. Saw him play about 20 games total, and I've never seen anything like it in person. That is including college and pro games.. I followed him a little in college as he dominated at Trinity Valley as  a running back. Then I left the area. Shortly after he was injured at Tarlton I think?

Apparently he took bad advice out of high school? Could have played just about anywhere but chose Trinity so he could play football and basketball. He also had offers to play pro baseball out of high school as well.  Probably would have had the strongest arm in the MLB. I didn't see it in person but it is well known that he could put his back on the centerfield fence and throw it all the way to the catcher!!! 

There were other really good players on those 97 and 98 Tenaha squads. Kennis Hednerson  is one name that sticks out, but McCollister was so dominant I don't really remember the other players names.

McCollister was a once every 30 years type athlete. I too meant to say he’s probably the best athlete I’ve ever watched play any sport in person at any level, and that includes all the UT football games I’ve attended, Rangers games, Mavs games and Dallas Cowboys games I’ve attended. He was a super human, it was unreal.

• Thanks 1