Tenaha vs Garrison

RetiredDawg10

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, OldDawg98 said:

Last night I noticed one more thing... Dogs won a district championship against one of the most explosive teams in the state. Go Dogs!!

-Klondike Hill Mafia

They had 8 turn overs and still had a chance to tie that game with 12 seconds and win on penetrations of the 20 or 30 or better! The All state quarterback from last season runs that ball in for a TD!

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:01 PM, BlueBlood99 said:

Welcome to D-1 district.

Bremond is down in D2  and is 5-4 with the same head coach! Tenaha has moved up to D2  new head coach and is not only competing but blowing out bigger schools with a young under class squad. 5 State Finalist and the pipeline is reloading makes Tenaha the favorite for the next three seasons!

50 minutes ago, 24Deep said:

Garrison gave up 42 points to Tenaha total offense 438 yards on wet field, to Garrison 339. Garrison stuck to the run and that will cost them in the play offs because they want be able to catch up to spread offenses. Garrison secondary is horrible at best, as well their front 7 which gives up a ton of points. Tenaha has( 5 State Finalist) in school history as two State Championships. Garrison just caught Tenaha in a off season were its young freshman, sophomores, and juniors did not get any playing time at the varsity level graduating 19 seniors off that Finalist Team that lost to a Muenster squad that beat two 3A squads and a 4A ranked Okie team this year with the same players! Garrison is not a  power house football team only title was 2003 15 years makes you decade wonder. Tenaha has youth and talent has and always will. This is coming from a 1992 Tiger that beat State Finalist Oakwood on their on field!

And if a frog had wings.....

I’m not sure what “tip my hat” means in Tenaha but where I’m from it is a sign of respect. I made sure to talk to #1 when he came to the garrison sideline after the game and I told him he was one of the best backs/receiver I have seen in a long time. 

As far as the secondary, hard to use the word horrible when there was 3 int’s during the game. 

And lastly, I really enjoyed reading every excuse you came up with. Every week I read why garrison should have lost and every week they win. I never said anything disrespectful about Tenaha but you sir find it enjoyable to drag garrison and their players through the mud. I hope you sleep well tonight knowing what you said about 15-18 year old kids. 

For anyone else reading this, I will continue to back this team and coaching staff while all you bleacher coaches come up with excuses and insults. 

Roll on JUNK YARD DAWGS 

18 minutes ago, 24Deep said:

They had 8 turn overs and still had a chance to tie that game with 12 seconds and win on penetrations of the 20 or 30 or better! The All state quarterback from last season runs that ball in for a TD!

Garrison defensive backs in 1992 would have intercepted every pass Friday night! I love these hypotheticals. 

SMH... might want to worry about those 8 turnovers instead of what’s going on in garrison? 

1 hour ago, 24Deep said:

If Garrison played Troup who has bigger size players in the lines Troup would win! Troup can also throw the ball around. If Garrison plays a team that has senior base it will lose. Bremond isn't any good as they lost too many seniors but other than that nobody is strong in this region at the D1 level. Carlise is built just like Tenaha Spread attack offense but light in the trenches, but has great skill players that can line up and play man. Tenaha coaches didn't have the personnel to line up and stop a them of that size in the trenches, the exact thing happened with Troup this year. When Garrison meets a bigger team from North Texas or even West Texas which is light in the D1 level this year other than Celeste Blue Devils it want be pretty! I would suggest Garrison play Newton or Kounzte  or Woodville before that rag on win Tiger.  Tenaha returned 4 starters on offense and maybe 3 on defense! hahahaha

Yea, we will probably just forfeit if we have to play Troup ... we aren't very good ... 

7 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yea, we will probably just forfeit if we have to play Troup ... we aren't very good ... 

Not every good when you giving up 28.6 points a game to a weak D 1 district other than Tenaha, Joaquin, the rest of district is pretty bad! D1 football yay 

44 minutes ago, CT88 said:

And if a frog had wings.....

I’m not sure what “tip my hat” means in Tenaha but where I’m from it is a sign of respect. I made sure to talk to #1 when he came to the garrison sideline after the game and I told him he was one of the best backs/receiver I have seen in a long time. 

As far as the secondary, hard to use the word horrible when there was 3 int’s during the game. 

And lastly, I really enjoyed reading every excuse you came up with. Every week I read why garrison should have lost and every week they win. I never said anything disrespectful about Tenaha but you sir find it enjoyable to drag garrison and their players through the mud. I hope you sleep well tonight knowing what you said about 15-18 year old kids. 

For anyone else reading this, I will continue to back this team and coaching staff while all you bleacher coaches come up with excuses and insults. 

Roll on JUNK YARD DAWGS 

Jay Loyd is not close to 3 time all state Stacey Thompson or the Garret kid who is playing for Trinity Valley College. There are more talented receivers in the underclass level and the leading receiver in school history Brandon Horton!

10 minutes ago, 24Deep said:

Not every good when you giving up 28.6 points a game to a weak D 1 district other than Tenaha, Joaquin, the rest of district is pretty bad! D1 football yay 

after friday they give up average 31 points but they average scoring 39 so you still win .

Just now, 24Deep said:

Jay Loyd is not close to 3 time all state Stacey Thompson or the Garret kid who is playing for Trinity Valley College. There are more talented receivers in the underclass level and the leading receiver in school history Brandon Horton! Raymond Jackson tried get you guys on the schedule for many years. I got cousins in Garrison and they still not better than the cousins I have in Tenaha.  Tenaha is winner and respectful winner but when I see these non knowledge bleacher trolls not giving the small school the respect it deserves I'll bring out the facts quickly, because Bremond and Tenaha is measuring sticks for Texas 2A Football. It will be 10 years before Bremond wins another title and that will be in six man. I wish Garrison well but don't let one win put you the top of the hill against weak Tenaha squad. We knew coming in this year that Football was gonna be weak, but that doesn't mean we lay over and let everyone bash us from being the power house 2A squad.

4 minutes ago, grinder said:

after friday they give up average 31 points but they average scoring 39 so you still win .

What it boils down to if you meet up with a good team that can shut down your run, the offense will have to go in to a prevent offense that doesn't suite it! The way you win in the plays off is playing good defenses in the pre district schedule, as well tough district games. Heck Beckville came back to life in the 2nd half LK was dog fight and Joaquin wasn't and easy out. 

1 hour ago, 24Deep said:

Dude in the 90's Tenaha was beating the #### out of  the Big 2A squads from Logansport, Coushatta, Evangel,  and Elysfields, Arp and would have beaten Newton if that would play a 1A tiny school. In 5 more years Tenaha 3A big D1. In 15 years a big 4A Div1. Will you have more excuses as Texas will reach a total population of 58 million by 2035!

If you think Tenaha will be 3A Div 1 in 5 years,  you are completely crazy!  Ain’t nothing in Tenaha for people to move there.  No small east Texas school is growing  that fast.   Only way that happens is if they consolidate with Timpson and Joaquin. Come on Mayne!!! 

55 minutes ago, CT88 said:

Garrison defensive backs in 1992 would have intercepted every pass Friday night! I love these hypotheticals. 

SMH... might want to worry about those 8 turnovers instead of what’s going on in garrison? 

My 1991 squad would beat Garrison 1992 squad down we had speed and side and we beat the 1991 State Finalist, but lost to a good Evadel squad at SFA. The 1992 squad with Joey Lathan QB, Boo McClure, Chris Evans, Ray Robertson, and Bronson Holmes was tough as nails!

1 hour ago, 24Deep said:

If grandma had balls she would be grandpa! Garrison turned it over twice, Teneha 5 times. 

11 minutes ago, DawgPound73 said:

If you think Tenaha will be 3A Div 1 in 5 years,  you are completely crazy!  Ain’t nothing in Tenaha for people to move there.  No small east Texas school is going that fast.   Only way that happens is if they consolidate with Timpson and Joaquin. Come on Mayne!!! 

Dude go look at the lower schools of Tenaha their district is growing and the Region is growing.  Go to  bureau of vital statistics Texas  and catch up on the world! All those schools are growing Gary High has more than 540 kids.  The reason  Tenaha moved up is their huge Hispanic population which is getting bigger. The white people who left the district are moving back into the districts because of what Don Fallin built!

Just now, 24Deep said:

Dude go look at the lower schools of Tenaha their district is growing and the Region is growing.  Go to  bureau of vital statistics Texas  and catch up on the world! All those schools are growing Gary High has more than 540 kids.  The reason  Tenaha moved up is their huge Hispanic population which is getting bigger. The white people who left the district are moving back into the districts because of what Don Fallin built! I told people in Tenaha that they would be moving to D2 they didn't believe, well you better believe Texas is country not a state its annual GDP is in the trillions!

1 minute ago, 24Deep said:

Dude go look at the lower schools of Tenaha their district is growing and the Region is growing.  Go to  bureau of vital statistics Texas  and catch up on the world! All those schools are growing Gary High has more than 540 kids.  The reason  Tenaha moved up is their huge Hispanic population which is getting bigger. The white people who left the district are moving back into the districts because of what Don Fallin built!

I’ll hold my breath and when Tenaha becomes Big 3A in 2023 I’ll apologize for calling you completely crazy.   

22 minutes ago, 24Deep said:

My 1991 squad would beat Garrison 1992 squad down we had speed and side and we beat the 1991 State Finalist, but lost to a good Evadel squad at SFA. The 1992 squad with Joey Lathan QB, Boo McClure, Chris Evans, Ray Robertson, and Bronson Holmes was tough as nails!

🤦️ You have got to be kidding me

24Deep, take a deep, deep breath. It’s going to be okay. Tenaha is going to make playoffs and will probably have a good run. So will garrison. Garrison has a phenomenal run game, and can mix it up with the passing game. Multiple times garrison receivers were running wide open down the sidelines, the throws were just a little out of reach. Wise made up for it though completing other passes later in the game. The front 7 of garrison, which you said weren’t very good, had the tenaha QB running for his life most of the night. And in that, it exposed that if you force tenaha QB to run you can limit their passing game. Also to mention garrison had 3 ints. All in all, tenaha was outplayed and beaten last night. No matter how trash you talk about garrison, nothing will change that.

8 minutes ago, CT88 said:

🤦️ You have got to be kidding me

Dude Alto and Elysfield as well Tatum ruled this region in 2 A football and it wasn't Garrison! Groveton and Corrigan were a power house with Rodney Thomas and Gerald Farley and Dandre Holman at Corrigan! Omaha Paul Pewit was power house as well. When you listen to the radio announcers they say Tentha class 2A power house.

1 minute ago, 24Deep said:

Dude Alto and Elysfield as well Tatum ruled this region in 2 A football and it wasn't Garrison! Corrigan was a power with Dandre Holman!

Dude... you are the one that brought up your glory days... I was being facetious. You are arguing with yourself. 

Back in the early 50s garrison had the best team in all of the south west conference.. the steel curtain defense along with the newly created west coast offense, no one could beat them. 

18 minutes ago, Gdawg1994 said:

24Deep, take a deep, deep breath. It’s going to be okay. Tenaha is going to make playoffs and will probably have a good run. So will garrison. Garrison has a phenomenal run game, and can mix it up with the passing game. Multiple times garrison receivers were running wide open down the sidelines, the throws were just a little out of reach. Wise made up for it though completing other passes later in the game. The front 7 of garrison, which you said weren’t very good, had the tenaha QB running for his life most of the night. And in that, it exposed that if you force tenaha QB to run you can limit their passing game. Also to mention garrison had 3 ints. All in all, tenaha was outplayed and beaten last night. No matter how trash you talk about garrison, nothing will change that.

Its one game keep doing it. Bremond has three state titles why because they keep on doing it! Muenster will have another title because they keep building a pipe line. Tenaha is fine example of not playing developing younger player that is why the other coach is gone. Tenaha's  youth was still good enough to stay in there in hang 42 and with 12 seconds and could have pulled it out, but Football Gods didn't allow it this day. We will see how thing plays out in week 13! If thats line from last year you don't even touch that QB!

12 minutes ago, 24Deep said:

Dude Alto and Elysfield as well Tatum ruled this region in 2 A football and it wasn't Garrison! Groveton and Corrigan were a power house with Rodney Thomas and Gerald Farley and Dandre Holman at Corrigan! Omaha Paul Pewit was power house as well. When you listen to the radio announcers they say Tentha class 2A power house.

Start living in the future...all that matters is that Garrison won this game and Tenaha didnt.  Get over it...apparently you are old enough to take it like a man!

1 minute ago, SAWolfman said:

Start living in the future...all that matters is that Garrison won this game and Tenaha didnt.  Get over it...apparently you are old enough to take it like a man!

Week 13 will be discussing this and Garrison and SA want be in the discussions!