Tenaha vs Garrison

RetiredDawg10

4 minutes ago, 24Deep said:

Week 13 will be discussing this and Garrison and SA want be in the discussions! Am also old enough to see people that don't enjoy a small team winning like Tenaha but get a weak district for the last 8 years quote from those not accustom of winning. My God!

16 minutes ago, CT88 said:

Dude... you are the one that brought up your glory days... I was being facetious. You are arguing with yourself. 

Back in the early 50s garrison had the best team in all of the south west conference.. the steel curtain defense along with the newly created west coast offense, no one could beat them. 

There's thing called a standard Rodney Thomas created a standard  at running back position for  2 A football Leon Creer  of Tatum stepped up to the challenge!

1 hour ago, 24Deep said:

My 1991 squad would beat Garrison 1992 squad down we had speed and side and we beat the 1991 State Finalist, but lost to a good Evadel squad at SFA. The 1992 squad with Joey Lathan QB, Boo McClure, Chris Evans, Ray Robertson, and Bronson Holmes was tough as nails!

The 2001-2003 Garrison teams would have stomped a mudhole and walked it dry on any team Tenneyhaw has ever had that won state ... no brag, just fact .... Tennyhaw has been winning two levels below where the powerhouse Garrison teams have been playing ....

1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

The 2001-2003 Garrison teams would have stomped a mudhole and walked it dry on any team Tenneyhaw has ever had that won state ... no brag, just fact .... Tennyhaw has been winning two levels below where the powerhouse Garrison teams have been playing ....

Agree with you there.  

1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

Man you are really out of somebody call Rusk Mental Hospital. There aint that much difference between 2A  and 3A football. But to sit there and say the only squad that has one a championship would beat  Chavis McCollister lead teams shows your stupidity!

3 hours ago, 24Deep said:

If Garrison played Troup who has bigger size players in the lines Troup would win! Troup can also throw the ball around. If Garrison plays a team that has senior base it will lose. Bremond isn't any good as they lost too many seniors but other than that nobody is strong in this region at the D1 level. Carlise is built just like Tenaha Spread attack offense but light in the trenches, but has great skill players that can line up and play man. Tenaha coaches didn't have the personnel to line up and stop a them of that size in the trenches, the exact thing happened with Troup this year. When Garrison meets a bigger team from North Texas or even West Texas which is light in the D1 level this year other than Celeste Blue Devils it want be pretty! I would suggest Garrison play Newton or Kounzte  or Woodville before that rag on win Tiger.  Tenaha returned 4 starters on offense and maybe 3 on defense! hahahaha

Simple fact, Carlisle beat Troup on Troup’s field.

1 minute ago, 24Deep said:

Man you are really out of somebody call Rusk Mental Hospital. There aint that much difference between 2A  and 3A football. But to sit there and say the only squad that has one a championship would beat  Chavis McCollister lead teams shows your stupidity!

I don't know what hole you crawled out of with your handful of post but you are as full of :poop: as a Christmas turkey ... :rofl:

5 minutes ago, 24Deep said:

Those Tennyhaw teams would have been woodshedded by any of the 2001-2003 Dawg teams ... I saw them both ... no comparison ... Those Garrison teams would have beaten a lot of 4A/5A schools ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

Just now, Playfor77 said:

Simple fact, Carlisle beat Troup on Troup’s field.

Price can man up with anybody and that is a rivalry game and Price has a D1 recruit! That coach Tenaha coach Greg Jenkins coached Cayuga running back Traylon Shead in basketball and football so we know things are on the up. The whole community is happy were that team is at right beacuse we were looking at being 2-6 and stead were looking at 6-2 with a good group of young kids.

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Those Tennyhaw teams would have been woodshedded by any of the 2001-2003 Dawg teams ... I saw them both ... no comparison ... Those Garrison teams would have beaten a lot of 4A/5A schools ...

They wouldn't have beat SA in 03 or last year.

9 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I don't know what hole you crawled out of with your handful of post but you are as full of :poop: as a Christmas turkey ... :rofl:

I being watching you guys waiting for this chance well how good Tenaha gon be, well we don't know but there still Tenaha. You dam skippy

Always been great athletes in Tenaha and Garrison.  Both schools have a great fan base and love to cheer and watch their teams.  Last years Tenaha win went to state game and lost in 2A-Div 2,  Garrison went three rounds in 3A- Div 2 playoffs losing to a Waskom team that lost to Newton who won state.  Only thing Garrison folks on here have about Tenaha is that have played in a weaker district in a div 2 in the past.  We haven’t called any kids horrible or this or that.  We all have pride in our schools but enough is enough on calling out kids.  Both schools have great teams.  Garrison has to play Harleton and has bye and Tenaha has to play Joaquin and LK, not an easy task.  One week at a time!! 

1 hour ago, DawgPound73 said:

Always been great athletes in Tenaha and Garrison.  Both schools have a great fan base and love to cheer and watch their teams.  Last years Tenaha win went to state game and lost in 2A-Div 2,  Garrison went three rounds in 3A- Div 2 playoffs losing to a Waskom team that lost to Newton who won state.  Only thing Garrison folks on here have about Tenaha is that have played in a weaker district in a div 2 in the past.  We haven’t called any kids horrible or this or that.  We all have pride in our schools but enough is enough on calling out kids.  Both schools have great teams.  Garrison has to play Harleton and has bye and Tenaha has to play Joaquin and LK, not an easy task.  One week at a time!! 

You can call the districts Tenaha has played in weak as much you want, but it takes 5 games to get state championship thru some darn good central,  and south Texas teams. These teams that were spotlighted to win the Region. Price was picked as well Beckville which drop down from 3A. 

Refugio dominate 2 A in the 90's but the move down to the original 1 A level has been tough Thorndale sees its tough as well, the small teams run more option spread offenses that cause huge match up problems in the secondary.

Region III consists entirely of East Texas teams and there were some notable changes after UIL realignment. District 9-2A Division I features a bit of Central Texas flavor with Jewett Leon, Centerville and Normangee joining Cayuga, Kerens and Cross Roads which are on the fringes of East Texas. 10-2A Division I is based mostly in to the north of Lufkin and goes all the way past Tyler up to the Gladewater area north of Interstate 20. District 11-2A Division I and 12-2A Division I are true piney woods districts in the southern portions of East Texas and going all the way down to the fringes of the Golden Triangle. 11-2A has a couple of new contenders in Region III as Beckville drops back to 2A after a two-year stint in 3A and powerful Tenaha moves up to Division I after being one of the dominant teams in 2A Division II in recent years. 12-2A Division I features last year’s regional champion San Augustine.

San Augustine

The Wolves rolled to a 14-1 record a year ago winning the Region III crown with a senior-laden squad. Only seven starters return so a lot of young guys will need to step up but having an unbeaten JV team to fill in the gaps certainly helps. Tijay Thomas, a two time all-district DB will move to running back to lead the offense along with talented sophomore QB DelMarquis Barnes. The Wolves have decent experience on the offensive line returning and that will help the young offense early on. The defense will be led by LB Alberto Bahena and TyPatrick Bluford who were outstanding a year ago.

Beckville

The Bearcats were competitive in their two-year stint in Class 3A going 11-9, including a 5-5 mark last year. The drop back to Class 2A won’t be easy but Beckville will be on much better footing from a depth standpoint for the next two seasons. WRs Austin Roys and Stephen Darden pace the offense from a skill position standpoint, while the offensive line brings back a pair of all-district players. Darden was also a district defensive back and will team with DE Jashown Adams who had a big sophomore season to lead what should be an improved defensive unit.

Tenaha

The Tigers, who played for a state title a year ago, have to replace an outstanding group of seniors along with making the jump up to Division I. The offense loses nearly all of their skill talent save for two-way all-district player WR/DB Jay Lloyd, but the biggest questions are who takes over at QB and featured running back? Juarmez Brock is a dominant lineman on both sides of the ball and will anchor what should be a very strong defense as talented junior J.T. Calloway is also back after a big sophomore season. Despite the youth Tenaha has shown over the years, it’s capable of reloading and should still be a factor come playoff time.

Price Carlisle

In one of the more unique coaching moves of the off-season, head coach Rocky Baker stepped aside to take over as defensive coordinator and will remain the athletic director and his son Clay Baker takes over as head coach at Price Carlisle. Baker takes over an Indians squad that posted a solid 9-4 mark and returns 13 starters. Gerald Turner (1,058 total yards, 20 touchdowns, seven interceptions, four kick return touchdowns) did a little bit of everything for Carlisle last year and will now move to QB and will have the ball in his hands every play. WR Jay Price (1,001 receiving, nine touchdowns) also returns to give Price Carlisle an explosive attack. LB Walker Adams (127 tackles) leads the Carlisle defense. Keep an eye on sophomore Jamion Turner who could contribute on both sides of the ball after impressing as a freshman.

Share or Save for Later.

1 hour ago, SAWolfman said:

They wouldn't have beat SA in 03 or last year.

How many got a scholarship? How many played college football? How many got called to NFL combine? How many got to even practice or tryout for any semi pro or pro team?

8 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Dry neutral turf,would this game have turned out any different?seriously wondering because I haven't seen film and I wasn't present during the game..jus wondering...

Go MaxPreps it will tell you the game conditions, as well look at the tape at players falling down but lost is something a good team can take and build off it like Carthage did against Henderson in 2016 baby!

15 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Dry neutral turf,would this game have turned out any different?seriously wondering because I haven't seen film and I wasn't present during the game..jus wondering...

Garrison was too physical for Tenaha on both sides of the ball ... when we pressured their QB he made hurried passes that were intercepted or off target ... their running game never really got on track either .... We also caught them stacking the box and just missed a couple of wide open receivers that could have gone for 6.   They tried to overload the box against our running game and we kept running right into their stacked linebackers, but we kept moving the ball.  When we ran to their weak side, we broke a lot of long runs.  I don't think the field had any affect on the outcome.  It wasn't that bad.

Edited by KirtFalcon