Tenaha vs Garrison

RetiredDawg10

3 hours ago, 24Deep said:

Price and Tenaha were in D2 last year. Did it get tough overnight or bringing up quality from the D2 level enhance it and make stronger?

Price was not D-2. They were in the district with Joe last two years. Tenaha has always been a quality program. Its just the level of D-2 competition doesn't even compare to the D-1 schools in this area. Tenaha has had an easy road until they got to regional finals. 

16 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Price was not D-2. They were in the district with Joe last two years. Tenaha has always been a quality program. Its just the level of D-2 competition doesn't even compare to the D-1 schools in this area. Tenaha has had an easy road until they got to regional finals. 

Munester and Mart will beat anyone in D2 in Region 3 as well Wellington with  that big quarter back and huge offensive line. Tenaha should've beat Muenster that game so many calls went Munester's way. Bremond is down but in 4 years they'll be back. Can't nobody in the entire region 3 beat Fall City or Burton they are a playoff contenders every year. Fall City has a state title to prove it. Hamlin is another strong team with lots of fire power. Dave Campbell still likes Tenaha to be at the quarterfinals with a loaded junior class. The region why this region is a little bit tougher now is beacuse Tenaha's move into D1.  

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, 24Deep said:

You can call the districts Tenaha has played in weak as much you want, but it takes 5 games to get state championship thru some darn good central,  and south Texas teams. These teams that were spotlighted to win the Region. Price was picked as well Beckville which drop down from 3A. 

Refugio dominate 2 A in the 90's but the move down to the original 1 A level has been tough Thorndale sees its tough as well, the small teams run more option spread offenses that cause huge match up problems in the secondary.

Region III consists entirely of East Texas teams and there were some notable changes after UIL realignment. District 9-2A Division I features a bit of Central Texas flavor with Jewett Leon, Centerville and Normangee joining Cayuga, Kerens and Cross Roads which are on the fringes of East Texas. 10-2A Division I is based mostly in to the north of Lufkin and goes all the way past Tyler up to the Gladewater area north of Interstate 20. District 11-2A Division I and 12-2A Division I are true piney woods districts in the southern portions of East Texas and going all the way down to the fringes of the Golden Triangle. 11-2A has a couple of new contenders in Region III as Beckville drops back to 2A after a two-year stint in 3A and powerful Tenaha moves up to Division I after being one of the dominant teams in 2A Division II in recent years. 12-2A Division I features last year’s regional champion San Augustine.

San Augustine

The Wolves rolled to a 14-1 record a year ago winning the Region III crown with a senior-laden squad. Only seven starters return so a lot of young guys will need to step up but having an unbeaten JV team to fill in the gaps certainly helps. Tijay Thomas, a two time all-district DB will move to running back to lead the offense along with talented sophomore QB DelMarquis Barnes. The Wolves have decent experience on the offensive line returning and that will help the young offense early on. The defense will be led by LB Alberto Bahena and TyPatrick Bluford who were outstanding a year ago.

Beckville

The Bearcats were competitive in their two-year stint in Class 3A going 11-9, including a 5-5 mark last year. The drop back to Class 2A won’t be easy but Beckville will be on much better footing from a depth standpoint for the next two seasons. WRs Austin Roys and Stephen Darden pace the offense from a skill position standpoint, while the offensive line brings back a pair of all-district players. Darden was also a district defensive back and will team with DE Jashown Adams who had a big sophomore season to lead what should be an improved defensive unit.

Tenaha

The Tigers, who played for a state title a year ago, have to replace an outstanding group of seniors along with making the jump up to Division I. The offense loses nearly all of their skill talent save for two-way all-district player WR/DB Jay Lloyd, but the biggest questions are who takes over at QB and featured running back? Juarmez Brock is a dominant lineman on both sides of the ball and will anchor what should be a very strong defense as talented junior J.T. Calloway is also back after a big sophomore season. Despite the youth Tenaha has shown over the years, it’s capable of reloading and should still be a factor come playoff time.

Price Carlisle

In one of the more unique coaching moves of the off-season, head coach Rocky Baker stepped aside to take over as defensive coordinator and will remain the athletic director and his son Clay Baker takes over as head coach at Price Carlisle. Baker takes over an Indians squad that posted a solid 9-4 mark and returns 13 starters. Gerald Turner (1,058 total yards, 20 touchdowns, seven interceptions, four kick return touchdowns) did a little bit of everything for Carlisle last year and will now move to QB and will have the ball in his hands every play. WR Jay Price (1,001 receiving, nine touchdowns) also returns to give Price Carlisle an explosive attack. LB Walker Adams (127 tackles) leads the Carlisle defense. Keep an eye on sophomore Jamion Turner who could contribute on both sides of the ball after impressing as a freshman.

Share or Save for Later.

How many got a scholarship? How many played college football? How many got called to NFL combine? How many got to even practice or tryout for any semi pro or pro team?

A bunch got scholarships and 1 played NFL football 

52 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

This dude is an idiot...where did this one come from lol

14 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Maybe Greezy created em just to argue incognito

Facts don't lie stats don't  lie either, if Tenaha coaches scheme right this game isn't a high scoring game.  Dave Campbell has been picking football before you became your  daddy's sperm. So take notice in week 13!

8 minutes ago, 24Deep said:

Facts don't lie stats don't  lie either, if Tenaha coaches scheme right this game isn't a high scoring game.  Dave Campbell has been picking football before you became your  daddy's sperm. So take notice in week 13!

I wasn't my daddy's sperm. I was my mama's egg....I love my mama

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, 24Deep said:

Munester and Mart will beat anyone in D2 in Region 3 as well Wellington with  that big quarter back and huge offensive line. Tenaha should've beat Muenster that game so many calls went Munester's way. Bremond is down but in 4 years they'll be back. Can't nobody in the entire region 3 beat Fall City or Burton they are a playoff contenders every year. Fall City has a state title to prove it. Hamlin is another strong team with lots of fire power. Dave Campbell still likes Tenaha to be at the quarterfinals with a loaded junior class. The region why this region is a little bit tougher now is beacuse Tenaha's move into D1.  

Yea, has nothing to do with Garrison moving down to 2A Div I after being a perineal playoff team in 3A going several rounds deep routinely .... Who is yo Daddy? ... them Dawgs from Garrison ....

Edited by KirtFalcon

18 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yea, has nothing to do with Garrison moving down to 2A Div I after being a perineal playoff team in 3A going several rounds deep routinely .... Who is yo Daddy? ... them Dawgs from Garrison ....

Garrison 5 year record and including spanning from 2013 to 2017! Ouchie mama

Garrison 5 year record 33-24  wining percentage 57.89

2017,  7-6  3-2 district 3 deep play off run

2016,  6-5 2-3 district 1 deep play off run out

2015, 5-6 2-3 district 1 deep play run out

2014,  4-6 2-3 district no play off run

2013, 11-1 6-0 district   early out

10 minutes ago, 24Deep said:

Garrison has one of the highest winning percentages in the State of Texas all-time ... last time it was updated we were somewhere around #34 all-time in the entire state, that's for ALL clasifications ... higher than Tennyhaw ... if we had been playing down in the pee-wee leagues like y'all we would probably have 3 or 4 more State Championships ... tru storie ...

P.S. ... If Tennyhaw had been playing two levels up with the Dawgs, you wouldn't have any State Championships ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

31 minutes ago, 24Deep said:

Tenaha's 5 year record spanning from 2013 to 2017! Like Whoa!

Tenaha's  5 year record 58-12  wining percentage 82.85 %

2017, 15-1  5-0 district  6 deep run State Finalist

2016, 13-1 5-0 district  4 deep run

2015, 8-6  5-0 district 4 deep run

2014, 11-2 5-0 district 3 deep run

2013, 11-2 4-0 district 3 deep run 

9 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison has one of the highest winning percentages in the State of Texas all-time ... last time it was updated we were somewhere around #34 all-time in the entire state, that's for ALL clasifications ... higher than Tennyhaw ... if we had been playing down in the pee-wee leagues like y'all we would probably have 3 or 4 more State Championships ... tru storie ...

P.S. ... If Tennyhaw had been playing two levels up with the Dawgs, you wouldn't have any State Championships ...

PS 

If was 5th will all be drunk and we will see if Garrison wins a title this year bet?  Bremond is tough as tough will get and there wasn't too many three A teams that could hold their own with them!

^^ Big difference between pee wee football and 3A ... I never said Garrison would win a "title" this year ... I never even said we would win district ...

Come on Greezy, you can use your real Smoaky name ... :rofl:

Edited by KirtFalcon

16 minutes ago, 24Deep said:

PS 

If was 5th will all be drunk and we will see if Garrison wins a title this year bet?  Bremond is tough as tough will get and there wasn't too many three A teams that could hold their own with them!

I can pull up the all time winning percentage and I can bet you Garrison want be there with likes of Southlake, Allen, Celina, Jasper, Brownwood, Carthage, Longview, Marshall, Denton Ryan, Katy, Dallas Carter, Houston Madison, Aledo, Converse Judson, Odessa Permian, Hooks, Highland Park, Stephenville, Texas City, Sealy, Lake Travis, Austin Westlake, Sulphur Springs, Texas High, Euless, and PLANO wildcats!

5 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

^^ Big difference between pee wee football and 3A ... I never said Garrison would win a "title" this year ... I never even said we would win district ...

Come on Greezy, you can use your real Smoaky name ... :rofl:

Hey dude we know Garrison is on the under, so why shoot for such low low when you drop down from the so called big boy league football. I sure didn't see you line up and play big boy 4A Carthage or Center Roughriders! Old Beckville move up and they took some good whooping's from Tenaha in 2A and moved back down and got some more. ElysFields and Waskom want play us are White Oak or West Rusk or Sabine who beat West Rusk!

7 hours ago, 24Deep said:

https://www.publicschoolreview.com/tenaha-schools-profile    

Tenaha has 575 kids total at lower level 375 kids which is larger than Troup 315!

That’s still just 44kids per grade do the math, still about 176 kids counted for  realignment. That’s a long way from 3A div 1 which is about 330 in high school y’all will need to double and Tenaha don’t wanna grow, they would rather be 2A div 2 forever. 

2 hours ago, 24Deep said:

Hey dude we know Garrison is on the under, so why shoot for such low low when you drop down from the so called big boy league football. I sure didn't see you line up and play big boy 4A Carthage or Center Roughriders! Old Beckville move up and they took some good whooping's from Tenaha in 2A and moved back down and got some more. ElysFields and Waskom want play us are White Oak or West Rusk or Sabine who beat West Rusk!

This group of seniors at GHS played Center as freshman on our JV team and beat their !  Center had 79 kids suited out and couldn’t find any that could score on us.  They blocked a PAT and returned it for 2 points and that’s all they got.  28-2 final.  So don’t talk about big boys,  bc Newton, Crockett, Franklin, Waskom, EF, they big boys!