Harmony vs Arp

Stoney

Harmony vs Arp  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Harmony
    • Arp

16 minutes ago, Headhunter12 said:

Congrats to Harmony. Good program and good bunch of kids. Running back is very good and sees the field well. Don't know if penalty bug gets y'all every week but keep that cleaned up and y'all will make a run.

Headhunter, tell those young guys to keep working, it'll definitely get better.  Coach Irwin is a good coach and will get those guys going.  Thank you for the compliment about our kids and program.  Look forward to the next few years competing against the Arp Tigers.

11 hours ago, EasyCompany said:

What’s with the hostility?  It’s not like we were running up the score. All I can say is that it will be some battles the next few years.  We also have a lot coming back plus help from our JV that is pretty good also.

no hostility..........somebody gotta give yall a hard time....your jv has like 50 kids on it plus a lot of sophomores. That's impressive yall can have that many kids playing and only a D2 school

Coworker’s wife is a teacher at Arp. This is all based on her opinion. Apparently the freshman class at Arp is the real deal. It’s just getting them up to the varsity level.

JJ, we had 25 guys on varsity my SR year. Add the JV, we might have had 50+ kids. That we have the numbers to have guys play one way, a large JV like we have is impressive. Coach Russell and his staff have done a great job building a program. I’m sure Eagle and Easy will agree me on that. These kids have bought in. The tradition is getting started of being a perennial playoff team. These kids are putting in the work to keep it going.

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Coworker’s wife is a teacher at Arp. This is all based on her opinion. Apparently the freshman class at Arp is the real deal. It’s just getting them up to the varsity level.

JJ, we had 25 guys on varsity my SR year. Add the JV, we might have had 50+ kids. That we have the numbers to have guys play one way, a large JV like we have is impressive. Coach Russell and his staff have done a great job building a program. I’m sure Eagle and Easy will agree me on that. These kids have bought in. The tradition is getting started of being a perennial playoff team. These kids are putting in the work to keep it going.

Well I tell you what...My hat is off to you guys...Just not many programs our size that can field those kinda numbers...It takes the entire community to buy in for that to happen. Including those old hard fence hangers. Y'all are leading by example imo keep it up

• Like 1

Oh speaking of classes at Arp. Yes the freshman class seems to be solid, that jr class this year lost a lot of key kids they've depended on for years to other schools. And they had some that went one sport only and football wasn't it. It really hurt Arp. Add that to 7 total sr's and only really 3 playing that's why we are down. The Mixture next year of the 10-12th grades imo is going to be a real good team. Much better than a lot think. We just gotta get to next year.

13 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Well I tell you what...My hat is off to you guys...Just not many programs our size that can field those kinda numbers...It takes the entire community to buy in for that to happen. Including those old hard fence hangers. Y'all are leading by example imo keep it up

Our location is a really good draw for us. It’s a great school as far as education goes. It’s a rural district that butts up with Gilmer, Big Sandy, Hawkins, Winnsboro, Union Hill. I know some folks that will gladly pay to transfer their kids for the education opportunities at Harmony versus where they are at. I’m shocked that we didn’t bump up to big 3A. It’s coming sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Tiger1995 said:

no hostility..........somebody gotta give yall a hard time....your jv has like 50 kids on it plus a lot of sophomores. That's impressive yall can have that many kids playing and only a D2 school

Y’all’s kids played hard JJ.  You can tell those guys are young and Coach Irwin and crew will get them going in the right direction, no doubt.  I’m looking forward to the next few years competing against y’all.  It was fun watching 2 class programs play a game hard and no trash talking or stupid stuff, just playing the game.  That says a lot about both programs. 

37 minutes ago, EasyCompany said:

Y’all’s kids played hard JJ.  You can tell those guys are young and Coach Irwin and crew will get them going in the right direction, no doubt.  I’m looking forward to the next few years competing against y’all.  It was fun watching 2 class programs play a game hard and no trash talking or stupid stuff, just playing the game.  That says a lot about both programs. 

man 100....really appreciate that. And same or us...I was stoked to see us in district with you guys....then when 2 a Days came and we lost 4 guys to doing dumb stuff so off the team...then our Starting RB left and went to Henderson where he's lighting it up....then 2 more decided to focus on baseball....next thing we know we are down a ton of starters then our best defensive best player tears an ACL out for the season....Those 4 guys we lost where studs!!! we would have looked like a different team right now with them....But I'm so proud of how the situation was handled. Have to do what is best for the entire tribe sometimes...Our community backed our coaches