Gilmer vs Pittsburgh

BIGTEX1972

13 hours ago, Anxiety said:

If Gilmer comes out and plays defense like they did the second half against PG, I like their chances. Against Pitt you have to watch for the deep pass. So if Gilmer can put pressure on Jimmerson, that can help eliminate that. I would like to see more balance in Gilmer's offense. I'm from Pitt, so now everyone knows. I know them pretty well. Pitt's main problem is depth! They have some really good players, but they tend to wear down against a physical opponent that has the depth. Like I said, I don't have a solid football language, but I try! I saw enough potential from Gilmer to give them the edge. Keep everything in front of you, and don't give up the big one! Gilmer should be fine. I have no dog in the fight! Stay healthy and good luck to both sides!

The Buckeye defense DOES seem to be getting better each week. The loss to PG is on the offense. I just don't understand why Gilmer is still rotating QB's at this point. It is preventing the offense from getting into a rhythm. The OL, which is "supposed" to be a strength coming into the season, is very disappointing as well. If Gilmer is to have a chance, the OL will need to do their job this week. I think they DO, and Gilmer wins a close one. 

2 hours ago, PGHAWKS said:

Pittsburg passing game too much for Gilmer's young secondary and I think Gilmer QBs throw some pics against the best secondary in East Texas... Pitt wins it

You definitely have to watch Jimmerson back there! He will pick you off!

• Like 1

Gilmer has lost to 3 of last years state champs who may all wind up winning it again and by one point to a fine Paris team that just gave Argyle all they wanted. 4-4 is not the norm in Buckeye land. But it's also not all doom and gloom. I could easily see us going 3 or even 4 rounds deep in the playoffs in a very statewide watered down 4A DII. 

2 hours ago, jubilant said:

Gilmer has lost to 3 of last years state champs who may all wind up winning it again and by one point to a fine Paris team that just gave Argyle all they wanted. 4-4 is not the norm in Buckeye land. But it's also not all doom and gloom. I could easily see us going 3 or even 4 rounds deep in the playoffs in a very statewide watered down 4A DII. 

That would be nice but not this year

8 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

You need to move if Gilmer is so bad.  I hear there are a lot of jobs in North Dakota why don’t you go up there far away from Gilmer with your negative self.  Someone with a kid in Gilmer ought to take a big stick to your head for running down their kid.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, michaelmyers said:

We have played 4 teams better than anyone we would see in the 1st 2 rounds. I'm not saying that what we are going to do, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if we do play 3 or 4 rounds. 

I'm gonna go with Gilmer in a close battle. I believe this game will be very close. I just hope it ain't raining for a change...OL needs to protect...Defense needs to play like 2nd half of last week...QBs need to make good decisions..Coaches need to make good play calls...Just a few things need to happen. Hear some good things about Pittsburg and hope both teams come out healthy.

21 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

I'm gonna go with Gilmer in a close battle. I believe this game will be very close. I just hope it ain't raining for a change...OL needs to protect...Defense needs to play like 2nd half of last week...QBs need to make good decisions..Coaches need to make good play calls...Just a few things need to happen. Hear some good things about Pittsburg and hope both teams come out healthy.

Good play calling is all you guys need, I'm telling you! Blend that run in with the way you guys throw and man y'all will be tough! It seemed like I hardly ever disagreed with Traylor on play calling, and I believe it did go through him! Watched Gilmer for 10 years! Those were the good ole days!

26 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

Good play calling is all you guys need, I'm telling you! Blend that run in with the way you guys throw and man y'all will be tough! It seemed like I hardly ever disagreed with Traylor on play calling, and I believe it did go through him! Watched Gilmer for 10 years! Those were the good ole days!

Traylor had very little if any to do with play calling. Something for people to think about play calling is somewhat limited this season. 

2 hours ago, BuckNut said:

You need to move if Gilmer is so bad.  I hear there are a lot of jobs in North Dakota why don’t you go up there far away from Gilmer with your negative self.  Someone with a kid in Gilmer ought to take a big stick to your head for running down their kid.

I’m not from Gilmer by the way would you like to try that on me ?

6 minutes ago, CallMeDaddy said:

Traylor had very little if any to do with play calling. Something for people to think about play calling is somewhat limited this season. 

Wow, I would have thought he was the master mind of all of it! Turner was offensive coordinator, right? Why doesn't he not keep calling the plays?

1 hour ago, jubilant said:

We have played 4 teams better than anyone we would see in the 1st 2 rounds. I'm not saying that what we are going to do, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if we do play 3 or 4 rounds. 

You may not even make the playoffs so you shouldn’t even be talking playoffs. Besides if Gilmer does make the playoffs then they will get beat the first round 

6 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

You may not even make the playoffs so you shouldn’t even be talking playoffs. Besides if Gilmer does make the playoffs then they will get beat the first round 

I don’t gamble on kids but I’m willing to bet you we get out the first round hater 

11 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

Wow, I would have thought he was the master mind of all of it! Turner was offensive coordinator, right? Why doesn't he not keep calling the plays?

Let me back up. If things weren’t going well. He would crawl someone’s butt so he did have some influence 😜. Typically he didn’t have too though. He left that part of the game to the men he trusted.

3 minutes ago, CallMeDaddy said:

Let me back up. If things weren’t going well. He would crawl someone’s butt so he did have some influence 😜. Typically he didn’t have too though. He left that part of the game to the men he trusted.

Gotcha