Gilmer vs Pittsburgh

BIGTEX1972

10 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Gilmer under Traylor routinely beat teams that had more talent than them. As far as this year, it’s hard to tell. Webb if healthy would be the best RB from any team Gilmer has played. But he is still recovering from surgery and isn’t 100%. Fluellen is getting D1 offers, so he’s obviously talented. And I think both QBs are talented enough. 

Gilmer has been totally overmatched in one game. I think all other games have been pretty close talent wise. Gilmer has lost because of a ton of mistakes and mental lapses.  Gilmer has not put together a complete game yet either. Even in their victories they have lost focus for stretches of the game 

You really believe Paris and Gilmer were pretty close talent wise?  Come on man! 

2 hours ago, Nonothing said:

Gonna be a battle. I think Gilmer pulls it out, but don't count Phittsburg out...they got the hot link power.

I like Doc's hot links better.nullnull  I think we win if we can protect the QB, not have breakdowns on special teams, and play solid defense.

If Gilmer can move the ball and keep drives alive, I think they will wear Pitt down in the second have.  But if Gilmer is getting 3 and outs, they can't put any pressure on the defense, they can't speed up the pace, they can't stretch the field and make Pitt players run all over the place.  So to me the key is Gilmer's offense being able to move the ball.

On 10/23/2018 at 10:47 PM, CasualObserver70 said:

Gilmer under Traylor routinely beat teams that had more talent than them. As far as this year, it’s hard to tell. Webb if healthy would be the best RB from any team Gilmer has played. But he is still recovering from surgery and isn’t 100%. Fluellen is getting D1 offers, so he’s obviously talented. And I think both QBs are talented enough. 

Gilmer has been totally overmatched in one game. I think all other games have been pretty close talent wise. Gilmer has lost because of a ton of mistakes and mental lapses.  Gilmer has not put together a complete game yet either. Even in their victories they have lost focus for stretches of the game 

"routinely beat teams that had more talent" seriously? Gilmer been consistently top talent for years. If they ever played big time talent teams they were at worst similar/comparable talent-wise. I doubt there was one game under Traylor where Gilmer was just completely out-manned. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

If Gilmer can move the ball and keep drives alive, I think they will wear Pitt down in the second have.  But if Gilmer is getting 3 and outs, they can't put any pressure on the defense, they can't speed up the pace, they can't stretch the field and make Pitt players run all over the place.  So to me the key is Gilmer's offense being able to move the ball.

If Gilmer mixes it up, run with pass, they can keep drives alive against Pitt. Our D line is not exceptionally big. This is the key, keep drives alive and wear Pitt down.

10 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Heard Gilmer 7th & 8th won big and Pittsburg didn’t have a Freshman team.  Who did the Gilmer Freshmen play?

I think the freshmen played Atlanta.  Not sure, but my wife drove by the stadium and said there was an Atlanta bus there.

The JV won 75-38.  The clock was running continuously in the 4th.

After watching the JV several times this year, they should be moving the Freshman QB up to Varsity.  He runs better than either varsity QB, and he can sling it.  I know he's young, but he's very talented.  Will be interested to see what happens next year.  If this Freshman QB can develop, he could be special.  Not very tall, but can play.

1 hour ago, bulldog1068 said:

Gilmer J V played Pitts Freshman with a couple sophs. mixed in. The backup Q B for the varsity is out for the season so Baca had to move up the majority of J V ers up including the Q B to have the numbers.

What do U think our JV is made up of the QB is a freshman and others are sophomores not including the 8 or 9 soph on varsity or the two freshman on varsity