Gilmer vs Pittsburgh

BIGTEX1972

4 hours ago, CallMeDaddy said:

Pittsburgh coaches and players always show that much class at games Or was it just because it was Gilmer?

I didn't take offense to anything the Pitt players or coaches did.  I wish our lame and uninspired coaches would show some energy and excitement like the Pitt coaches did. Good for them for getting into the game and getting their players not only far more prepared than Gilmer, but having a darn good time while doing it.

After we lose to LE in two weeks, let the blood bath begin with the Gilmer coaching staff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, metalhead10 said:

I didn't take offense to anything the Pitt players or coaches did.  I wish our lame and uninspired coaches would show some energy and excitement like the Pitt coaches did. Good for them for getting into the game and getting their players not only far more prepared than Gilmer, but having a darn good time while doing it.

After we lose to LE in two weeks, let the blood bath begin with the Gilmer coaching staff.

Couldn’t agree more

• Like 1

First, I'm only talking about a few bad apples in Gilmer. Your coaches are outstanding. They can't help it if you've had a lot of injuries, They can't go out and play the game, the kids do. You people demanding the coaches be fired are fanatics, who know very little about coaching high school athletics.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Inquiring minds want to know more about these antics from Pitt?  Can someone elaborate and maybe give examples?

Jumping. Celebrating. Little Baca did some high stepping. It was great and brought energy to the team and crowd.

The celebrations by Pittsburg were well deserved.  I saw nothing wrong with any of it.   I also see nothing wrong with our low energy coaching staff, if it produces results (Highland Park comes to mind).  Wish we could have back some of that fire and enthusiasm from our coaches, but as it is, welcome to the kinder, gentler Buckeye way of coaching.

6 hours ago, CallMeDaddy said:

So Gilmer coaches were conducting theirselves like Pittsburgh coaches? Show me one time in the last 23 years that That Gilmer coaches have conducted theirselves in that manner?

Ever see a Gilmer game during the Traylor era? He took a lot of criticism on this board and in the media for his on field antics.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DWH73 said:

Having a son on the team and being somewhat close to the situation, what's your take on what's going on with Gilmer this year?  Talent really down that much or is there really a more serious problem?

Here is my personal take. I think the talent is a little down this year. There are still some playmakers, but overall, it’s down. The QB situation is not good. Pick a QB and go with him. Both aren’t very good, but if that’s all you have, so be it. Gilmer’s offense is almost nonexistent. They can run, but they are a passing team first. The OL is not very good, so there is no protection for a an that is not allowed to run for some reason. The defense is bad. The coaches need to make better decisions and actually give the team a chance to win. Seems they are just going through the motions and not giving any effort. I DO think a change needs to take place there. All of this, and they have played a brutal schedule. They should have lost to Van (Van coaching brain ####) and should have lost to SH ( SH lost that game themselves). Lucky not to be 2-7 right now. I think it will get better though. Really good classes coming up the next couple of years. In closing, every team goes through this at some point. Gilmer is at this point. The Freshman QB needs to be the starter next year. Period.

I think  it’s  a combination of things. We have had injuries we are young and we have lost trailer and about ten coaches. I’ve been in sales along time. Some guys are great salesmen but not very good sales mgrs. that’s what I think is going on in Gilmer. We have good coaches but no Alpha to lead the troops. In their asst coach position I think Turner was great but we need a Alpha to lead. Not everyone is a leader

• Like 3

I watched a little of the 1st half highlights but didn't see anything that was over the top. That being said I wasn't at the game, but I can only imagine how any team that has lost to Gilmer for a long period of time would act if they were actually winning. Surely anyone would understand being in that position. I know Friday night during halftime of the Gladewater/White Oak game when they were announcing scores of area teams, there was a loud cheer when they gave the Gilmer score. Nothing when they gave the scores from our district. That's no disrespect to the Buckeyes but when you've lost to them for what 15 years now, people are happy for the teams that beat them. 

Personally, I feel for Gilmer. When you've had the kind of success y'all have had, I can't imagine how it must feel to have a year like this one. I guess I say all that to say I understand how the Pirates feel but I also understand why Buckeye fans would be upset to see another team that excited about beating them. 

Still games out there to win for the Buckeyes, and y'all can still get the prize. Won't be easy, but winning Championships are never easy. You've done it before, so you know what it takes. Go for it!!!