Gilmer vs Pittsburgh

BIGTEX1972

1 hour ago, michaelmyers said:

You may not even make the playoffs so you shouldn’t even be talking playoffs. Besides if Gilmer does make the playoffs then they will get beat the first round 

Michael if they lose out they're in the playoffs. Who is Spring Hill going to beat?

If Spring Hill and Gilmer finish district with only one win, and no other team in district has only one win, head to head will determine the playoff picture, and Gilmer has the head to head.  If, however, there is a 3 way tie for last place, then point differential comes into play.  Spring Hill has already lost to LE, they will lose to PG I'm pretty sure.  So here is the only scenario in which Gilmer doesn't make the playoffs:

Gilmer loses out (possible)

Pittsburg beats Gilmer but then loses out 

Spring Hill beats Pittsburg but then loses out.

That would create a 3 way tie for 4th place, and Gilmer could be on the outside looking in.

A Gilmer victory over Pittsburg would make this a moot point.

I could still see Gilmer beating Pitt and LE, and winding up 2nd in district, or Gilmer could lose out.  Pitt isn't deep, so that could benefit Gilmer.  Keep the pressure on and wear them down.  But I cannot safely make any predictions about Gilmer.  If their O line plays as badly as they have at stretches this year, all bets are off.  

• Like 1

I haven't lost faith that the Buckeyes can get back to playing Buckeye football.  I know this team can do better than what they've shown against the toughest schedule around.  If you dig a little bit and think about it, the Buckeyes have lost to Carthage (7-0, ranked #1 in 4A, and defending 4A-D1 state champion), Newton (6-0, ranked #1 in 3A, and defending state champion), Paris (5-2, I believe, and who only lost to #2 Argyle by 8), and Pleasant Grove (6-2, and defending 4A-D2 state champion).  Their losses have come against teams with a combined record of 24-4.  Besides the bad loss to Carthage, the other losses weren't that bad considering.  While I believe most of our past teams would've come out of this schedule with a much better record, it still ain't bad considering the youth and lack of experience our team has at the varsity level.  The leadership and confidence levels have to be elevated to overcome that kind of adversity and still win.  We have two more games, and I think they are both winnable.  We have been tested -- how will we react?  That's the million dollar question.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

I haven't lost faith that the Buckeyes can get back to playing Buckeye football.  I know this team can do better than what they've shown against the toughest schedule around.  If you dig a little bit and think about it, the Buckeyes have lost to Carthage (7-0, ranked #1 in 4A, and defending 4A-D1 state champion), Newton (6-0, ranked #1 in 3A, and defending state champion), Paris (5-2, I believe, and who only lost to #2 Argyle by 8), and Pleasant Grove (6-2, and defending 4A-D2 state champion).  Their losses have come against teams with a combined record of 24-4.  Besides the bad loss to Carthage, the other losses weren't that bad considering.  While I believe most of our past teams would've come out of this schedule with a much better record, it still ain't bad considering the youth and lack of experience our team has at the varsity level.  The leadership and confidence levels have to be elevated to overcome that kind of adversity and still win.  We have two more games, and I think they are both winnable.  We have been tested -- how will we react?  That's the million dollar question.

6 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

You are spot on!

Gilmer under Traylor routinely beat teams that had more talent than them. As far as this year, it’s hard to tell. Webb if healthy would be the best RB from any team Gilmer has played. But he is still recovering from surgery and isn’t 100%. Fluellen is getting D1 offers, so he’s obviously talented. And I think both QBs are talented enough. 

Gilmer has been totally overmatched in one game. I think all other games have been pretty close talent wise. Gilmer has lost because of a ton of mistakes and mental lapses.  Gilmer has not put together a complete game yet either. Even in their victories they have lost focus for stretches of the game 

16 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Should have lost to Van as well. Bone headed coaching decision gave you that W

• Like 1

Webb (if Healthy) in my opinion is probably the only one, one could say one of the best players on field.  He hasn’t been healthy.  Fluellen maybe but He can only be as good as QB’s give him the opportunity to be but most of the games Gilmer might have 2 or 3  of the top in the top 11 players  and 1 more thing  

Jeff is gone I hate it I love him but he gone. And ain’t coming back Get over it. 

Do not mis understand I’m not taking anything away from The hardworking Gilmer athletes. They work harder than most