WEEK 11: Tatum at Gladewater

Eagleborn

Who  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Winner will be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/2018 at 10:09 AM

1 minute ago, realist said:

Played our Backup Freshman QB all of 2nd half !

yep # 12 is a freshman 

If your QB is hurt, put your backup in and move on !

Gladewater dang sure did!

Our QB wasn’t hurt. And Tatum did right to keep OB on the field the threat of him out there is enough alone 

8 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

That is true but I think we didn’t play up to our standards on offense. Don’t expect to hop out 21 points Again 

We had our "offense" for a qtr and lost in OT, i'll take our chances with him healthy.

• Thanks 1

Guest Tiger03lb
8 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Well since you want to compare scores, Gladewater blew Spring Hill out by 31 points. What did Malakoff do against them? “Only won by 11 points.” 

We've been playing with both #1 & #2 rb's out since game 3. We've had to rework somethings in on the offense and it showed in the grandview game and this game. 

53 minutes ago, WestRusk2009 said:

Gladewater vs Hughes Springs

Tatum vs Mt Vernon

Jefferson vs Mineola

Atlanta vs West Rusk

Man Atlanta vs WR was thought to be a Regional Final. That just goes to show you how well teams like Tatum and GW have stepped up. 

Coach Berry was just on Fox Sports Southwest and explained the adjustments to the game plan on how to deal with OB after giving up 21 in the 1st Q. Sounds like, GW coaches figured it out and they were able to put some brakes on that Tatum Ferrari. I am excited to see Tatum and GW good at the same time. 

Congrats to both Teams! The Bears showed a lot of heart and hats off to the staff for the adjustments made ! With 2 freshmen and 5 sophomores on the field and a undefeated 9 th grade since they started playing even against Carthage- PG - Gilmer Etc - the future is extremely bright in Bear Nation! The run starts NOW! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I’m not sure if Eli got his 2,000 yards or not. Stats would be much appreciated. 

My stats show him 14 yrds short, but mine are not official. From what I heard tonight he did get his 2000 yrds.

Give me a minute and I'll post stats I have.

1 minute ago, Golfingnut said:

My stats show him 14 yrds short, but mine are not official. From what I heard tonight he did get his 2000 yrds.

Give me a minute and I'll post stats I have.

Yeah Coach Berry said he did on Fox Sports but I wasn’t sure if that was speculation or if he did get it. I knew he would be close. 

15 minutes ago, CF21 said:

Coach Berry was just on Fox Sports Southwest and explained the adjustments to the game plan on how to deal with OB after giving up 21 in the 1st Q. Sounds like, GW coaches figured it out and they were able to put some brakes on that Tatum Ferrari. I am excited to see Tatum and GW good at the same time. 

Lol, that Tatum ferrari suffered a leg injury that took his legs away from him up 28-7 lol. The adjustment to stop OB was an injury.

Gladewater

First Downs-18

Rushing- 42 for 260

Passing- 8 of 15 for 107 yrds

Total Yards- 367

Fumbles- 2 lost 2

Punts- 4 for 45.5

Penalties- 7 for 55 yrds

Tatum

First Downs- 23

Rushing- 55 for 337

Passing- 11 of 22 for 113 yrds (int)

Fumbles- 2/1

Punts-3 for 25.3

Penalties- 7 for 61 yrds

2 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol, that Tatum ferrari suffered a leg injury that took his legs away from him up 28-7 lol. The adjustment to stop OB was an injury.

Whatever works 😁 With that said I hope he recovers quickly. Hate seeing any kid get hurt and especially a senior. 

GLADEWATER 

EligiaCarter- 23 carries for 164 yrds (2 TDs)

DJ Allen- 8 carries for 64 yrds, 6 of 9 passing for 83 yrds.

Devon Walker- 5 carries for 16 yrds (2 TDs)

Tristan Holmes- 5 carries for 26 yrds, 1 of 4 passing for #4 yrds (TD)

TC Minter- 6 catches for 104 yrds (TD)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Whatever works 😁 With that said I hope he recovers quickly. Hate seeing any kid get hurt and especially a senior. 

He was such a gamer. I literally felt sorry for him out there watching him hobble around. 

1 minute ago, ProudBear said:

Earlier I meant to express that the Freshman class is 30-0 since starting the 7th grade! That is including having a couple of them moving up to varsity already this year! 

Y’all lost to WR with a freshman on the varsity. Shouldn’t it be 29-1?