LE VS GILMER

BIGTEX1972

this one hard to call to me.  I think LE has better athletes but Gilmer has better coaching and more in game discipline. 

I thought Pitt would beat LE, but expected a closer game. Also expected LE to be able to pound it more than they did.

I think LE will come out mad after last week.......I'm going with LE

This is a tough call for me as well.  I am a diehard Buckeye fan, but I am also a realist.  IF the Buckeyes can come out fired up and ready they can win.  If not, Liberty-Eylau will likely win.  I'm not sure which team will show up.  In all fairness, the teams the Buckeyes have lost to have all been good teams.  It's time for the Buckeyes to pull together if they want to continue the season past the first round.

7 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

this one hard to call to me.  I think LE has better athletes but Gilmer has better coaching and more in game discipline. 

I thought Pitt would beat LE, but expected a closer game. Also expected LE to be able to pound it more than they did.

I think LE will come out mad after last week.......I'm going with LE

Correction, Gilmer HAD the better coaching. No longer the case. LE coaching has cost them over the past 5 or 6 years, but the decline in Gilmer since 2014 is astonishing.

Gilmer has the worst staff in the district.

LE wins this game easily. Gilmer varsity didn't even practice last Wednesday due to a little weather and ended practice early Monday and Tuesday.

It's over in Gilmer until a complete overhaul is done on the coaching. Expect a loss to LE and a first round blowout loss to who ever we play.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

LE's defensive front was quick and physical against Pitt. I'm afraid if Gilmer's strategy is to just fling the ball around, the qb will have a long night! LE linebackers weren't too shabby either. Gilmer's offensive line needs to have a good night to have a chance to win. LE will bring the house on a pass heavy offense! LE's qb can pass the ball well and accurate. I'll say Gilmer's offense will not generate enough points to get the victory. LE will score enough. LE's defense is better, at this point in the season, than Gilmer's offense. This will be the match up to keep an eye on. For the first time on this forum, I am going to make a bold prediction and say it could get ugly for Gilmer! Sorry Buckeyes☺️ if I'm wrong, I'm a big boy and can handle it!

1 minute ago, Anxiety said:

LE's defensive front was quick and physical against Pitt. I'm afraid if Gilmer's strategy is to just fling the ball around, the qb will have a long night! LE linebackers weren't too shabby either. Gilmer's offensive line needs to have a good night to have a chance to win. LE will bring the house on a pass heavy offense! LE's qb can pass the ball well and accurate. I'll say Gilmer's offense will not generate enough points to get the victory. LE will score enough. LE's defense is better, at this point in the season, than Gilmer's offense. This will be the match up to keep an eye on. For the first time on this forum, I am going to make a bold prediction and say it could get ugly for Gilmer! Sorry Buckeyes☺️ if I'm wrong, I'm a big boy and can handle it!

I have no idea what that smiley face and picture is in my post?

I don't know if L-E wants it bad enough. Gilmer doesn't lose at home, and they don't want a losing record either. L-E hasn't beaten Gilmer since 2006, that's 12 straight years, and twice the Buckeyes beat L-E  in the same season, eliminating them in the playoffs. If L-E would play Gilmer like they did against Carthage and Pleasant Grove, I can't imagine Gilmer winning. This Leopard team has not improved week by week. I also know L-E has lost eight starters to injuries this season, but Gilmer has also been hurt by a lot of injuries. The team that loses this game has to play a 10-0 Sunnyvale team, and the winner gets a team that will be beatable. I will say Sunnyvale hasn't played a very tough schedule.