The Smoakhouse Forums

Who will win 4A D-1 state championship?

Carthage will not be stopped.  We didn’t even play Dixon that much didn’t show any new formations or plays and we still hung 46 with 7 of those coming from the 2’s.  Defense got several INT’s and pitched a shutout.  I look forward to the throwing of MH that just means Jacory will get more Interceptions. Dawgs beat MH 42-21 and on to round four.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carthage is wayyyyyy better right now than Carthage 2016 at the same point in the season.

You people have short memory’s, it doesn’t matter who the Dawgs have played and never has. They will be better every week in the playoffs. Even in a down year with eight starters out, they went to the

Carthage will win it all.  You people kill me.  Does anyone remember how bad we beat our district last year.  About the same way as this year.  Pre season games were about the same as well.  We played

Posted Images

On 11/24/2018 at 11:23 AM, Rob123 said:

I'm rooting for any east texas team ....but my pick is liberty hill.They are explosive and there running back is a beast from what i've seen.

Last team standing out of region 2........

On 11/25/2018 at 10:07 PM, Cats2 said:

Last team standing out of region 2........

I watched some video on them last night, & they are a very well disciplined team that sets up & snaps the ball very quickly, much like Pleasant Grove does, & they are very fast as well. 

If Carthage runs their side of the gauntlet & makes it to the finals, they could very well end up facing this team.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I watched some video on them last night, & they are a very well disciplined team that sets up & snaps the ball very quickly, much like Pleasant Grove does, & they are very fast as well. 

If Carthage runs their side of the gauntlet & makes it to the finals, they could very well end up facing this team.

Are you talking about Liberty Hill ?...…….If so, Carthage would meet them in the semis, as L H is Region 4

6 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Are you talking about Liberty Hill ?...…….If so, Carthage would meet them in the semis, as L H is Region 4

Ok, yes I was talking about LH.. my mistake. They look very good & dangerous!

6 minutes ago, Jedi94 said:

No way Carthage doesn't win the state title 

Oh, there are Ways.....Still have to play the game, however.

17 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Correct answer 

No way Carthage does win the State Title

Now Lion, don’t be over the top goofy. “No way” Carthage wins state? It is possible Carthage doesn’t win state this year, but it is also possible they do win state this year you just don’t want them to.

Silly Lion, championships are for Bulldogs!!!!!!!

• Like 1

PG came as close as anyone to beating Carthage this year, & was driving toward the Kill Shot when their QB fumbled the snap at the critical moment & Carthage recovered the ball, & drove down field and won with only a couple of seconds remaining... Carthage snatched Victory from the Jaws of Certain Defeat!

It would take a very good team, playing flawlessly & Carthage making mistakes for them to lose.

• Thumbs Down 1
On 11/28/2018 at 8:33 AM, CarthDawg77 said:

Ok, yes I was talking about LH.. my mistake. They look very good & dangerous!

Carthage can beat liberty hill. Both teams are explosive and consistent .This is the playoffs so anything can happen.

20 minutes ago, bradthebad said:

My prediction is the eventual champion plays in Denton county or on the Denton/Collin county line this week!

Agreed.

I hear you I think Celina is playing so much better now.Will they beat Argyle probably not but it’s fun to pick an upset.I do believe  Liberty Hill will definitely come out from the other side of the bracket. No disrespect to Carthage you will see

10 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

I hear you I think Celina is playing so much better now.Will they beat Argyle probably not but it’s fun to pick an upset.I do believe  Liberty Hill will definitely come out from the other side of the bracket. No disrespect to Carthage you will see

Liberty Hill will be a really tough team to beat for anyone, including Carthage. 

One of the greatest secquences of plays in CHS history; after an incorrect call of two forward passes the Dawgs went for it all again on the very next play. Don’t know why I felt like posting this, but here it is:

• Like 2