Week 1 OTP John Tyler 🆚 Tomball

cujoforlife

Playoffs   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

Tomball has a really good TE that will double as a DE. Really big kid. Transferred from IMG academy. He is committed to Baylor. He will cause problems both ways. I have been back and forth with 007 on who wins this one. I like Tomball in a close one. Not sure Tomball will pull it off but Cujo will have to watch that big kid he is a stud.

4 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Tomball has a really good TE that will double as a DE. Really big kid. Transferred from IMG academy. He is committed to Baylor. He will cause problems both ways. I have been back and forth with 007 on who wins this one. I like Tomball in a close one. Not sure Tomball will pull it off but Cujo will have to watch that big kid he is a stud.

I’ve told them in a previous thread about that big TE/DE that got the interception on Kewone. They have a few big kids on that line. I just don’t think Tomball have the players to win this one from top to bottom on both sides. We made a lot of mistakes that kept them in the game. If Tomball even keeps this game close and the other teams in our district win, that will tell me you were right about 7-5A. Wouldn’t shock me....just not expecting a close game between these two teams. 

45 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

You really believe Tomball will beat jt???? You can’t be serious? Are you basing this off of preseason JT or the last 2-3 weeks JT? @Pack007 he can’t be serious man, he must hasn’t watching JT lol. 

6 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

You really believe Tomball will beat jt???? You can’t be serious? Are you basing this off of preseason JT or the last 2-3 weeks JT? 

Tomball shouldn’t be overlooked. I’ve watched JT against Sherman, Thigh and North. And mostly highlights on YouTube against Lv. I know y’all had guys missing against North. But Tomball can make a game of it. I don’t think it will be close, but i didn’t think our game would either. And i believe we’re better than JT from top to bottom. It’s possible basically what I’m saying. 

20 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

You really believe Tomball will beat jt???? You can’t be serious? Are you basing this off of preseason JT or the last 2-3 weeks JT? @Pack007 he can’t be serious man, he must hasn’t watching JT lol. 

I'm on the fence about it. John Tyler isn't an elite team. Tomball more then capable of winning this game. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I'm on the fence about it. John Tyler isn't an elite team. Tomball more then capable of winning this game. 

Whaaaaa ok lol.. 😂😂😂😂. I hope you don’t  think it’s gonna be a cake walk if Lufkin and JT play because you will be in for a rude awakening. This is not the same week one JT. I’m not saying JT is elite but we’re a top 3-4 in this region and are more than capable of going deep. Tomball is good but I expect this game to be similar to the Sherman game last week.

20 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Whaaaaa ok lol.. 😂😂😂😂. I hope you don’t  think it’s gonna be a cake walk if Lufkin and JT play because you will be in for a rude awakening. This is not the same week one JT. I’m not saying JT is elite but we’re a top 3-4 in this region and are more than capable of going deep. Tomball is good but I expect this game to be similar to the Sherman game last week.

Who said if we played it would be easy? He said y’all weren’t elite. You also said it. I don’t think anyone believes this is the same JT team since week 1. Just don’t believe they are elite. Winning district and defeating Poteet didn’t really change that. Poteet defense is sketchy imo. Giving up 39 to an injured North team, which was missing two starters in a very important game proved that. But it’s a good win and y’all are district champs. And have a talented team that can make noise. Just not elite status. Lufkin still has to prove themselves too, but have dominated two good (we’ll see this week just how good) ranked opponents. Also while injured played probably the best team in 6A D2 very close at home with a backup at Qb. But again, this week and (if we win on Friday) next week will tell the story on how good this Pack team can be imo. It’s clear the Pack defense is elite. Again, a lot to prove though..

19 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Who said if we played it would be easy? He said y’all weren’t elite. You also said it. I don’t think anyone believes this is the same JT team since week 1. Just don’t believe they are elite. Winning district and defeating Poteet didn’t really change that. Poteet defense is sketchy imo. Giving up 39 to an injured North team, which was missing two starters in a very important game proved that. But it’s a good win and y’all are district champs. And have a talented team that can make noise. Just not elite status. Lufkin still has to prove themselves too, but have dominated two good (we’ll see this week just how good) ranked opponents. Also while injured played probably the best team in 6A D2 very close at home with a backup at Qb. But again, this week and (if we win on Friday) next week will tell the story on how good this Pack team can be imo. It’s clear the Pack defense is elite. Again, a lot to prove though..

Gametyme is basically saying that we will struggle with Tomball who is nowhere on the level of y’all and since we are not elite to him we won’t have a chance against Lufkin.... but anyways We both have a lot to prove because really outside of the Longview and I guess you could say the magnolia west game y’all havent really been pushed to the brink the rest of the way, now that’s not saying yall won’t have a problem with fighting through it if y’all get pushed. But I feel like JT is very battle tested they don’t get enough credit for what they have done recently. Let’s not forget that when played poteet the ranked in the top 10 in 5A D1. No one believed we had a shot against poteet because were basing off of way back in the season and that north game were JT was missing two offensive starters and then bam JT won and every acted so surprised, but JT fans weren’t surprised because we been knowing we are more than capable of beating any top ten team in 5A D1 when we play to our ability. It’s before JT plays a good everybody raves about how good they are then when JT beats them then they oh the not that good as we thought lol. Maybe it’s because JT is actually that good lol. Also right defensively wise JT is only allowing 16.3 points on average and the offense is averaging about 44.5 points so I hope we can make this a trend in the playoffs. but hey that’s why the game is played. But hey Good luck to you guys Friday hope for no injures on either side. I just want one of us to go state and represent east Texas in state. Hopefully it’s JT lol. Good luck the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Gametyme is basically saying that we will struggle with Tomball who is nowhere on the level of y’all and since we are not elite to him we won’t have a chance against Lufkin.... but anyways We both have a lot to prove because really outside of the Longview and I guess you could say the magnolia west game y’all havent really been pushed to the brink the rest of the way, now that’s not saying yall won’t have a problem with fighting through it if y’all get pushed. But I feel like JT is very battle tested they don’t get enough credit for what they have done recently. Let’s not forget that when played poteet the ranked in the top 10 in 5A D1. No one believed we had a shot against poteet because were basing off of way back in the season and that north game were JT was missing two offensive starters and then bam JT won and every acted so surprised, but JT fans weren’t surprised because we been knowing we are more than capable of beating any top ten team in 5A D1 when we play to our ability. It’s before JT plays a good everybody raves about how good they are then when JT beats them then they oh the not that good as we thought lol. Maybe it’s because JT is actually that good lol. Also right defensively wise JT is only allowing 16.3 points on average and the offense is averaging about 44.5 points so I hope we can make this a trend in the playoffs. but hey that’s why the game is played. But hey Good luck to you guys Friday hope for no injures on either side. I just want one of us to go state and represent east Texas in state. Hopefully it’s JT lol. Good luck the rest of the way. 

VERY WELL SAID 

35 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I respect GT. The man knows football and played on our 04 team. He respects JT as a program, probably more than most Lufkin fans. Just like myself, he knows and probably still talks to people that played for JT. Although I don't believe JT will lose to Tomball, I've seen what they can do and respect what GT (Book) says. Don't think he's trying to take shots. I think he truly believes JT will struggle with them. He has seen both teams just like myself and probably see something that I don't. He's not the only one that feels this way like I've said before in this forum. A few people believe this will be a close game on twitter.....people that (imo) know what the heck they are talking about. We'll see. But if the Pack can have a close game with them, which is a team that I believe is better than JT, then it can definitely happen in the playoffs. Again, we'll see...

As for everything else, I told people before the Poteet game that we would more than likely play JT in the 3rd round. Which means yall would've won the district title. So, I thought yall were at least the better team of the two. I've mentioned that it was good win. Not sure what credit you believe JT deserve other than that. I think many expected it to be a close game regardless and it was. Without a hail mary, Poteet would be representing district 7-5A. I think both teams are battle tested. But for the most part, we've more than handled the two ranked teams that we played in district. When this Lufkin team is focused and not making mistakes, they've shown what they can do against very good teams this season. Again, I've seen JT a few times this season. They are a good team. Have talent as usual. And will be a tough out for anyone because of their athletes. But they aren't elite. Good luck to JT too unless we play of course. Hopefully neither team has any injuries, at least no significant ones going forward. I've said a few times, yall have an easier road to the 3rd round than we do......which clearly means I think yall are pretty good.

15 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I respect GT. The man knows football and played on our 04 team. He respects JT as a program, probably more than most Lufkin fans. Just like myself, he knows and probably still talks to people that played for JT. Although I don't believe JT will lose to Tomball, I've seen what they can do and respect what GT (Book) says. Don't think he's trying to take shots. I think he truly believes JT will struggle with them. He has seen both teams just like myself and probably see something that I don't. He's not the only one that feels thus way like I've said before in this forum. A few people believe this will be a close game on twitter.....people that (imo) know what the heck they are talking about. We'll see. But if the Pack can have a close game with them, which is a team that I believe is better than JT, then it can definitely happen. Again, we'll see...

As for everything else, I told people before the Poteet game that we would more than likely play JT in the 3rd round. Which means yall would've won the district title. So, I thought yall were at least the better team of the two. I've mentioned that it was good win. Not sure what credit you believe JT deserve other than that. I think many expected it to be a close game regardless and it was. Without a hail mary, Poteet would be representing district 7-5A. I think both teams are battle tested. But for the most part, we've more than handled the two ranked teams that we played in district. When this Lufkin team is focused and not making mistakes, they've shown what they can do against very good teams this season. Again, I've seen JT a few times this season. They are a good team. Have talent as usual. And will be a tough out for anyone because of their athletes. But they aren't elite. Good luck to JT too unless we play of course. Hopefully neither team has any injuries at none significant ones going forward. I've said a few times, yall have an easier road to the 3rd round than we do......which clearly means I think yall are pretty good.

Very well. +2 but man if poteet get through that gauntlet mannnnn. I’m happy for the Hail Mary lol.