Round 1 Mt. Vernon vs Tatum

Jeepster89

Who moves on ?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who moves on ?

• Mount Vernon
    • Tatum

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/16/2018 at 02:00 AM

4 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

You honestly think Mt. Vernon is going to beat Tatum? 

They can and will if Tatum is not 100%. Anyone that thinks this will be a cakewalk will be scratching their head or butt come Friday morning. Tatum would have had a more favorable matchup against Atl bc of style of play.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

You honestly think Mt. Vernon is going to beat Tatum? 

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit! Mt Vernon can play and if they don’t turn the football over, can beat some really good teams. They’re tough kids and hit hard 

Tatum could/should win this ball game even without district MVP. 

Saw a earlier post about MV kids being tough. I’m sure they are but I’d like to think our kids are tough too. I’d also like to think our district as a whole was more physical than opponents district. 

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

No. He’s butt hurt because he thinks Tatum folks poop on him. Sent E8 a nice text that has made for good entertainment this week. He’s trash. 

So yall cowards enjoy talking about me when yall are together. Sweet. Bet you or 8 won't bump your gums in person like yall do on here. 8 still owes me around 500 dollars and I haven't forgot about that yet and he'll pay up next time I see him. You want to help him cash that check #####?

Hate to hear that about QB1, I really hope he is able to be healthy for this game. As much as I respect Tatum and how talented they are, I will echo what has been said already. DO NOT take these purple tigers lightly. They wont be the biggest, or the fastest, but I promise you they will be as prepared as anyone. I believe that it will be a great game, look forward to watching it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

So yall cowards enjoy talking about me when yall are together. Sweet. Bet you or 8 won't bump your gums in person like yall do on here. 8 still owes me around 500 dollars and I haven't forgot about that yet and he'll pay up next time I see him. You want to help him cash that check #####?

Cowards? Yea I’m a coward. You so gangsta. 

7 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Yeah...we had 204 yards of total offense in the 1st qtr.....then scored on the 4th consecutive drive in the 2nd qtr.....OB got hurt and we hit a brick wall offensively. Gotta get him healthly.....he's what makes it all click.

8, Do you guys not have a decent backup. Why was Coach playing a kid that was as gimpy as yall were saying. He couldn't pass or throw in the 2nd half, then why was he on the field?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eagle34 said:

8, Do you guys not have a decent backup. Why was Coach playing a kid that was as gimpy as yall were saying. He couldn't pass or throw in the 2nd half, then why was he on the field?

Because his presence alone is enough to change defenses.  Backup is either JP, or a freshman who will be the heir next year but has been playing safety. Just don’t think a change in that magnitude would have benefited us

however, he will be ready for Thursday.  Good chance hes needed. we’ll rely on the run game, but kid is a dual threat QB as well

Him just being on the field hurts an opponent. Saw him limping but he's a competitor. Smart, talented and courageous. Not keeping him off the field in that situation when the opponent might not know just how bad the injury was.

We got a sophomore back up and a freshman that plays safety that is gonna be solid but dont think we have game planned with him enough to make the call to go to him. OB is the 3 year starter, the leader, the field general. Knows the audibles, how to read a defense. Has the mentality to handle tough pressure. Blanton is an athlete but i think the total package surrounding OB outweighed all else. Gotta prepare a gameplan with Blanton or Malone this week for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

Him just being on the field hurts an opponent. Saw him limping but he's a competitor. Smart, talented and courageous. Not keeping him off the field in that situation when the opponent might not know just how bad the injury was.

Unless the backup cant run, it seems keeping him in the game cost Tatum the victory. Up 28-7 in the 2nd before he got hurt. Like 8 implies, the young Staff at Tatum wasn't prepared for an injury to the QB. 

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Unless the backup cant run, it seems keeping him in the game cost Tatum the victory. Up 28-7 in the 2nd before he got hurt. Like 8 implies, the young Staff at Tatum wasn't prepared for an injury to the QB. 

I see what you mean, but even injured maybe coaches thought he gave them the best chance. Not my call, but even a healthy backup might have been worse. Who's to say Bears might have gotten more pressure on the backup and forced turnovers. I'm pretty sure Tatum coaches knew what the best option was.