5A D1 R2 Bi-District Mckinney North @ #5 Lufkin

Pack007

Mckinney North Bulldogs (6-4) @ Lufkin Panthers (9-1)  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lufkin Panthers
    • Mckinney North Bulldogs

9 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

@Pack007 is the sophomore still starting at Qb? And is that Fields kid still knocking people out in the secondary?

Fields graduated last year and no, the senior and starter from last season Kewone Thomas came in the Willis game and took his position back. Both have played well this season. At least we know we have that depth and a kid back there that’s capable of starting. 

18 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Y’all gone have to have the whole team tackle Peyton Hillis jr lol they cant arm tackle him 

You shouldn’t try to arm tackle anyone. Lol. I think this defense knows you got to wrap up. They’ve been great against the run for most of this season and have played against some very good running backs. We’ll see i guess. I think North will have to be balance and get some turnovers in order to have success and win at Abe imo.

50 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

You shouldn’t try to arm tackle anyone. Lol. I think this defense knows you got to wrap up. They’ve been great against the run for most of this season and have played against some very good running backs. We’ll see i guess. I think North will have to be balance and get some turnovers in order to have success and win at Abe imo.

TBH with you man, they have an underrated running game, not saying it’s a Longview or JT type of running game, but they can move the ball without passing pretty well. They have a huge oline that helps it.

5 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

TBH with you man, they have an underrated running game, not saying it’s a Longview or JT type of running game, but they can move the ball without passing pretty well. They have a huge oline that helps it.

I’ve seen them against y’all and highlights in other games. They have one guy or maybe a few that are highly recruited on that line. They are pretty big...similar to a few teams we’ve played in district. Again, we’ll see. As Jb said, I don’t think it will be pretty for them if they’re one dimensional against us and trying to establish the run. From what I’ve seen, we have more speed on the edge than JT and a lot more size on the line. We have very good linebackers too with good size. I just don’t see them being successful unless they get some turnovers and 150+ in the air. 

31 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I’ve seen them against y’all and highlights in other games. They have one guy or maybe a few that are highly recruited on that line. They are pretty big...similar to a few teams we’ve played in district. Again, we’ll see. As Jb said, I don’t think it will be pretty for them if they’re one dimensional against us and trying to establish the run. From what I’ve seen, we have more speed on the edge than JT and a lot more size on the line. We have very good linebackers too with good size. I just don’t see them being successful unless they get some turnovers and 150+ in the air. 

If Lufkin doesn’t take their foot off the pedal and don’t beat themselves like JT did even though JT won y’all should win 3+ tds. 

I hope we have a packed house on Friday for the kids. They deserve it. As for the game, I’m still expecting it to be a tough game for the Pack. We should win by several scores if we don’t come in with a lot of mistakes imo. But I’m not going to take anything away from North. They’re a good team from what I’ve seen, that I’m sure will feel motivated being the underdog at ol Abe. Plus it’s the first round of the playoffs. I’m really expecting a tough one. Again, think the talent level on offense and our defense stopping the run will be the difference in this one. Just hoping we can get the win, remain healthy and move on another week. 

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

I hope we have a packed house on Friday for the kids. They deserve it. As for the game, I’m still expecting it to be a tough game for the Pack. We should win by several scores if we don’t come in with a lot of mistakes imo. But I’m not going to take anything away from North. They’re a good team from what I’ve seen, that I’m sure will feel motivated being the underdog at ol Abe. Plus it’s the first round of the playoffs. I’m really expecting a tough one. Again, think the talent level on offense and our defense stopping the run will be the difference in this one. Just hoping we can get the win, remain healthy and move on another week. 

Really at this stage of the season.. that is all you can ask for.... right!!

• Like 1

I was looking at the North defensive stats. They've given up a lot of points since the beginning of district.

Week 5 – Sherman – L 21-59
Week 6 – Texarkana Texas – W 47-44
Week 7 – Wylie East – W 90-32
Week 8 – West Mesquite – W 52-37
Week 9 – Tyler John Tyler – L 25-28
Week 11 – Mesquite Poteet – L 39-53

Other than the JT game, they've given up over 30 in every district game..

47 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I was looking at the North defensive stats. They've given up a lot of points since the beginning of district.

Week 5 – Sherman – L 21-59
Week 6 – Texarkana Texas – W 47-44
Week 7 – Wylie East – W 90-32
Week 8 – West Mesquite – W 52-37
Week 9 – Tyler John Tyler – L 25-28
Week 11 – Mesquite Poteet – L 39-53

Other than the JT game, they've given up over 30 in every district game..

A lot of bad teams and defenses.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

No, it’s not a typo lol. They scored 90 in 3 quarters and gave up a lot of points in district. If the Pack can stop the run though...🤔🤔 

Aww man Pack ain't got a shot against a team that can score 90 in 3...🤔