Can Newton be Beat

justafan

Can’t complain about the coaching at newton at all but 5 big time D1 athletes on a 3A squad is going to be tough to deal with. Waskom won two state title in a row with only two. With that being said I think waskom can make a better showing this year than they have in the last two. So if things go as planned we will find out in about 3 weeks

2 minutes ago, headhunter02 said:

You'd have to do what WOS did defensively then do what Gilmer did offensively lol. I think the key to beating Newton is you have to shorten the game, somehow win the turnover battle, and hope they have a bad night all around. 

The last team that beat them did just that. Shortened the game running the ball and had a had a few key turnovers 

Beleif in the program and strong blood lines that remain In Newton. The coaches are good but it’s mostly bloodlines and a strong Beleif in the program. Most these kids dads where state champs or played for Newton . Also they play really hard for Coach Johnston, this program has been through a lot of heartbreak the last decade .

16 hours ago, NewtonNation said:

Newton has made the second round of the playoffs or better 24 years in a row, hoping to extend that to 25 this year. 5 state title appearances 98, 04, 05, 14 and 17 with 3 championships 98, 05 and 17. It takes great coaching to have a streak like that, athletes help too but the one constant thru those years is W.T. Johnston. He had a great mentor in Curtis Barbay and has kept the winning tradition going strong. 

First off we have been to 6 title games and won 4 going for five this year. We won it all in 74

I am a Newton Eagle fan, purple runs through my veins but Newton can loose just like what  happened to us in 2016 against Arp. Dropped touchdown passes and played a non-inspirational game. We would have won 9 out of 10 against Arp but we lost the one that counted. If we have a bad nite,it could be tough,but if they keep their heads on right they should win it all. JMO

1 hour ago, wtxfootball said:

It was a close game until the 4th last year with gunter. Someone out there will be able to compete with them this year. 

No it wasn't. easily coulda been 60-12. turnovers and penalties. Night and day on talent.

Having said that, This thread is stupid. ANYBODY can get beat.

• Thanks 1