Can Newton be Beat

justafan

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:10 PM, 1WildCat said:

Thought Pleasant Grove had it on the Dawgs Homecoming night.  Carthage won it on an outstanding run with 3 ticks remaining.

Yes, on that night Carthage could not stop the Pleasant Grove running game. . A good running team can beat them.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:09 AM, coachkells said:

I don't believe anyone can competing with Newton this year, but in 4a D1 there are teams that can play with Carthage this year.    

Ok I will keep an eye on it my friend. What do u think about 6a d1

12 hours ago, JETT said:

Whoever makes it to the state game from region 1or 2 will have a great shot to win as well as newton... 

Canadian Gunter and Childress will be tough JMO

Cisco is undefeated and blown everybody out but seem to be an unknown for some reason, so how good are they this  year? They haven't been mentioned. They really are past due to make it to the big show with their history. They won it all in '13 with one heckuva team.

14 hours ago, bluetopper said:

Cisco is undefeated and blown everybody out but seem to be an unknown for some reason, so how good are they this  year? They haven't been mentioned. They really are past due to make it to the big show with their history. They won it all in '13 with one heckuva team.

Who have they beaten that was even decent?  ... Tumbleweed Ridge?

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Who have they beaten that was even decent?  ... Tumbleweed Ridge?

They have played the schedule that was given them. They weren’t highly regarded or highly ranked during the ‘13 season either.  Whatever their talent/athleticism level is, Coach Brent West will have them playing above that. That you can count on. 

BTW, they have beaten Grape Creek, Bangs, and Merkel, I’ll have you know!

27 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

They have played the schedule that was given them. They weren’t highly regarded or highly ranked during the ‘13 season either.  Whatever their talent/athleticism level is, Coach Brent West will have them playing above that. That you can count on. 

BTW, they have beaten Grape Creek, Bangs, and Merkel, I’ll have you know!

🤓:rofl::p:mower:

21 hours ago, Easttxmaniac said:

A town with one dairy queen  come one folks thats like tatum getting longview players lol but its true

Come on now man. Most of the players live in tatum. A few come from longview to get away from trouble.

I have a lot of respect for the winning programs. Starting small and working up there is Tenaha, Garrison, Newton, Carthage, and even Logansport La.  that I keep up with.  Aside from Newton I know for a fact that these other towns mentioned have players come in from other areas. A few other places that come to mind are Refugio and Mart.

I'm not accusing them of recruiting because they probably don't. The kids just show up for better opportunities. The strong bloodlines are definitely a factor, but going decades of deep playoff runs there has to be at least a little help from elsewhere.. Right?

Celina back in it's heyday was the same thing. People in the surrounding areas wanted their kids to play for legendary coach G.A. Moore. He was accused of recruiting, but he really didn't have to. The kids came to him.  

With that being said I give big props to Newton. They were amazing to watch at AT&T stadium last year, and I will be front row this year to watch them repeat, but isn't it fair to say that they do have at least a little help aside from the strong bloodlines?

I'm sure this is really infuriating some long time, die hard, Newton Eagle fan, but take it as a compliment. Your program is top of the line!

13 minutes ago, easttex18 said:

I have a lot of respect for the winning programs. Starting small and working up there is Tenaha, Garrison, Newton, Carthage, and even Logansport La.  that I keep up with.  Aside from Newton I know for a fact that these other towns mentioned have players come in from other areas. A few other places that come to mind are Refugio and Mart.

I'm not accusing them of recruiting because they probably don't. The kids just show up for better opportunities. The strong bloodlines are definitely a factor, but going decades of deep playoff runs there has to be at least a little help from elsewhere.. Right?

Celina back in it's heyday was the same thing. People in the surrounding areas wanted their kids to play for legendary coach G.A. Moore. He was accused of recruiting, but he really didn't have to. The kids came to him.  

With that being said I give big props to Newton. They were amazing to watch at AT&T stadium last year, and I will be front row this year to watch them repeat, but isn't it fair to say that they do have at least a little help aside from the strong bloodlines?

I'm sure this is really infuriating some long time, die hard, Newton Eagle fan, but take it as a compliment. Your program is top of the line!

Look Newton is straight home grown. No one is coming in and helping us win. These kids start in Pee Wee and play all the way up to HS is no move ins helping we rarely get a move in that can help us win. Straight home grown newton thick blood line.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eagles2014 said:

Look Newton is straight home grown. No one is coming in and helping us win. These kids start in Pee Wee and play all the way up to HS is no move ins helping we rarely get a move in that can help us win. Straight home grown newton thick blood line.

if so it's a one of a kind story. worthy of some sort of documentary to be aired nationally. . Props though either way. Great program.

On 11/16/2018 at 11:29 PM, easttex18 said:

We are home grown, we have had a couple of young kids leave and go to jasper, but rarely do we get new kids. One of our best weapons is our coaching staff, these guys are top notch!

• Thanks 2

On 11/10/2018 at 6:12 PM, NewtonNation said:

Newton has made the second round of the playoffs or better 24 years in a row, hoping to extend that to 25 this year. 5 state title appearances 98, 04, 05, 14 and 17 with 3 championships 98, 05 and 17. It takes great coaching to have a streak like that, athletes help too but the one constant thru those years is W.T. Johnston. He had a great mentor in Curtis Barbay and has kept the winning tradition going strong. 

My little brother was on the 98 championship team.

life was taken too early in  traffic accident in 2016

RIP John John

2368EAFB-4F21-4F91-86F9-084E6AB883D4.jpeg

• Like 4