Harmony vs Bells

Stoney

Just now, Eagle27 said:

Are you guys healthy going into to playoffs?  I’ve been super impressed with the red eagles once again this year. 

As far as I know we are. I’ve had to miss a couple more games than I’ve liked to this year so my info might be a little outdated. Our boys just keep rolling on.

Bells runs a spread offense.  The QB is the coaches son.  He was a 2A player of the year last year with high passing numbers.  They throw the majority of the time.  Defense plays real loose or deep in the secondary.  They are very well coached with hard working kids.  Not overly talented with speed.  Harmony should get a win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Anybody know anything about Bells? Never heard of them?

Bells moved up to 3A D2 from 2A D1 last year.  They made the playoffs last year as a 3rd seed and lost in the first round.

Harmony shouldn't have much of a problem in this one.  Bells comes in pretty much allowing teams their normal game.  Against teams that have been averaging 24.5 ppg, Bells is allowing 25.4 ppg to these teams.  Bells scores 28.8 ppg against defenses who give up 23.9 ppg.  Harmony allows just 10.3 ppg to teams averaging 26.9 ppg and scores 45.7 ppg against defenses that give up 27.1 ppg.  Harmony take teams out of their game on both sides while Bells just plays to their opponent for the most part.  I'll take Harmony, 42-7 

• Like 1

Stoney, how is harmony’s pass defense? Bells will spread you out & sling it around with the ponder kid & he can run pretty well also. If Harmony struggles some with the pass then Bells might hang around a little in this game. I think Harmony wins pretty big but Bells could give y'all some problems with their passing game if the secondary is not y'all's strong suit.

2 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Stoney, how is harmony’s pass defense? Bells will spread you out & sling it around with the ponder kid & he can run pretty well also. If Harmony struggles some with the pass then Bells might hang around a little in this game. I think Harmony wins pretty big but Bells could give y'all some problems with their passing game if the secondary is not y'all's strong suit.

Passing teams give us fits. We wanna ground and pound on offense, which eats up clock, which forces the other team to have to score when they have the ball. Which is good for us. What’s bad for us, is a passing team can break a big pass and score quickly. And those quick TDs  can get us behind. We get behind with this style offense unless we hit a big run, your not gonna cut into that lead as fast. That’s been the recipe to beat us. Get a lead on us. Force turnovers or 3 and outs. Don’t lead us get a lead and let us dictate the speed of the game.

We struggled early against the pass as we were breaking in 2 sophomores on the back end.  They have settled in nicely after the growing pains and the secondary is playing pretty solid.  We do have 14 ints on the year, so I would be a little wary about throwing too much on us. 

• Like 2

I've looked more into Bells, and it looks like they have a heck of a quarterback.  His average game is something like 19 for 34, 253 yards, 3 TD 1 INT.  Bells is about a 40-60 run vs pass team, and probably intended to be even more lopsided than this as the QB also accounts for about 33% of their rushing plays as well, but you see a few 6 for -6, 8 for -4, 3 for -14, etc., so either they are not designed runs (scrambles and sacks), or they aren't very good at executing them.   Outside of their last game against Cooper where he had 8 carries for 94 yards (while also throwing for 320 yards and 5 TDs - - whew!), he has 67 carries for 119 yards (1.8 ypc) on the year, so he doesn't look like a huge threat to run.  All in all, whether passing or running, the QB is involved in 73% of the plays Bells runs.  Bells gets about 88 yards per game out of everyone else combined, so it looks like if you can stop the QB, you have a good chance of shutting them down. 

3 hours ago, supermaroon said:

It was 34 to 33 we had to battle back and score with like 40 seconds left to win. 

Sounds like a good game. Is Coop the first seed and Bells the 4th? If so, sounds like a very competitive District which should help in the playoffs. I dont believe Harmony has had a  close game since the loss to West Rusk in pre-district.