GILMER Vs SUNNYVALE

Sportsguru02

Gilmer vs Sunnyvale  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/17/2018 at 01:30 AM

4 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

Are you joking, L-E dominated the third quarter and took the lead for good. Gilmer kept fighting, but the Buckeye's defense was helpless against the Leopards' speed.

How were they helpless they stopped them several times including the 3rd qtr the offense was what lost the game u can’t expect no team to keep an explosive team out the end zone like I said I think the play calling and QB switching has cost us 

8 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

How were they helpless they stopped them several times including the 3rd qtr the offense was what lost the game u can’t expect no team to keep an explosive team out the end zone like I said I think the play calling and QB switching has cost us 

L-E scored 41 points in the second half, enough said.

Sunnyvale's schedule is incredibly weak.  Had they stayed in 3A it would not have been as bad, but it's really hard to get an idea on how good they are based on that.  Thought they are down, I could easily see Gilmer winning this game.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hobby said:

I've been around a long time I saw daingerfields talent run out Gilmers talent  level is way down this year

I thought the class that is Sophomores this year was supposed to be the NEXT wave of State Championship caliber talent?

Was I wrong?

Or, did the coaching staff think they were not prepared for Friday Night Lights yet?

4 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I thought the class that is Sophomores this year was supposed to be the NEXT wave of State Championship caliber talent?

Was I wrong?

Or, did the coaching staff think they were not prepared for Friday Night Lights yet?

They are loaded but u can’t have soph carry a varsity team when it’s their first yr to play not team in the state of Texas can do that 

• Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

i thought they were loaded.

I tend to agree that you don't want to play a ton of Sophomores, but you have to put your best 11 on the field on both sides of the ball. If a Sophomore is better than a Senior then you play him, period,

Turner has never fielded his best players.  ALL the kids play on his team. And he ALWAYS plays the seniors, whether they are good or not.

• Like 1

I'd love to see Gilmer make a little run, but the coaching staff makes way too many small mistakes that add up to losses. 

Let's not say that the Buckeyes are loaded...I have no doubt that there are still the great athletes there that have been getting groomed since 7th grade, but it has to be utilized accurately. The best talent has to be in the right spots and the play calling has to be aggressive. The head coach isn't an alpha (too nice) and with that...comes the nice persona on game day as well and no foot on the throat, ever.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

i thought they were loaded.

I tend to agree that you don't want to play a ton of Sophomores, but you have to put your best 11 on the field on both sides of the ball. If a Sophomore is better than a Senior then you play him, period,

Yea but u can’t start that many soph u may have some sprinkled in but like I said u can’t name one team that had more than 5 starting 

Sunnyvale will win this game for sure. Gilmer CANNOT stop the run. LE ran for almost 400 yards on the Bucks D. Sunnyvale will run it down their throats all night behind OU commit big number 74 and the rest of that massive line. Don't let that schedule fool you!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Yea but u can’t start that many soph u may have some sprinkled in but like I said u can’t name one team that had more than 5 starting 

I think Tatum would disagree with you.

48 minutes ago, DWH73 said:

Turner has never fielded his best players.  ALL the kids play on his team. And he ALWAYS plays the seniors, whether they are good or not.

Nobody deserves playing time, just by sticking it out until their Senior year. You play your best 11 on both sides of the ball. Now, if you start 22, that I understand. But, they all better be coached up to play both sides of the ball, and when it matters your best 11 better be on the field.

31 minutes ago, HomerT said:

Sunnyvale will win this game for sure. Gilmer CANNOT stop the run. LE ran for almost 400 yards on the Bucks D. Sunnyvale will run it down their throats all night behind OU commit big number 74 and the rest of that massive line. Don't let that schedule fool you!

Man Sunnyvale don’t have the horses LE has either so try again 

19 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I think Tatum would disagree with you.

Nobody deserves playing time, just by sticking it out until their Senior year. You play your best 11 on both sides of the ball. Now, if you start 22, that I understand. But, they all better be coached up to play both sides of the ball, and when it matters your best 11 better be on the field.

Tatum is led by upper classman with some soph sprinkled in they aren’t doing the heavy lifting so try again