GILMER Vs SUNNYVALE

Sportsguru02

Gilmer vs Sunnyvale  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/17/2018 at 01:30 AM

13 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Definitely due a down year. Most schools would like a taste of the runs gilmer has had. They’ll be back soon

It will be tough getting back to that level of consistency.  Other teams are catching up fast.  No more of those teams thinking "Oh ####, we have to play Gilmer!"  That level of respect is earned over time, and can disappear much quicker than it took to get there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nonothing said:

Nope, not a stretch. Got it stole from us by some POS refs at the Celina game. 

While I agree that y'all got ripped a good one in that game, neither of these teams would've gotten past Sweetwater, in my opinion.  And then, nobody was beating West Orange-Stark that year.  That 2016 WO-S team happened to be their best team in the 4 year stretch in the championship game.  As I said, a state championship in 2016 wasn't going to be in the cards for PG that year, in my opinion.  That is not a knock on PG at all.

1 minute ago, blackflag79 said:

While I agree that y'all got ripped a good one in that game, neither of these teams would've gotten past Sweetwater, in my opinion.  And then, nobody was beating West Orange-Stark that year.  That 2016 WO-S team happened to be their best team in the 4 year stretch in the championship game.  As I said, a state championship in 2016 wasn't going to be in the cards for PG that year, in my opinion.  That is not a knock on PG at all.

yeah...i know you are right...but it stiiiiiiingssssss...it buuuuurnnsss...that dang ol Celina game!!!!

ok, on the topic of this game against sunnyvale....

1.  I haven't seen Sunnyvale play, so I can't say a thing about them.  I have seen Gilmer play, and I no longer think their hearts are in it.

2.  I don't want to hear the Sophomore excuse.  Gilmer took a team to stake in 2012 with KEY players as sophomores, and the other key players juniors.

3.  Gilmer can play good defense for 3 plays in a row, only to have a horrible play right after, so big play teams hurt Gilmer more than ground and pound teams.

4.  Gilmer is (for Gilmer standards) undisciplined and not in great shape.  They have repeatedly worn down late in games, something I used to NEVER see a Gilmer team do.

5.  Webb finally looked like the Webb of 2017 in the LE game.  Best he's looked all year.  The one bright spot for Gilmer.

6.  The QB rotation had destroyed the chance of either QB having a good season, and will probably be their undoing this week also.  Stick with one and give him all the reps, please.

So, if Gilmer gets an early lead, creates a couple of turnovers, and jumps out quick, they have a chance to beat Sunnyvale.  Unfortunately, that's EXACTLY what they did to LE and still lost.  But if Gilmer gets behind early in this game, it's over.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Snitches. 😂😂😂 That’s a word used to try and control someone when the person that used the word “snitches” has done something wrong. 

Naw man he @ his fellow rider to try and tell lol I have been back forth with y’all tatum fans over other topics and not one time have y’all tried to tell when we know it’s all fun and games 

3 hours ago, ETxFB299 said:

And y’all had to move down from the old 4A to be relevant back in the early 2000’s.  

Nope.

I don't agree with most of what he is posting, but that statement is wrong.  We were the smallest "old" 4A in the late 90's for 2 years. Got beat like dogs. When realignment came, we dropped back down to 3A a year or two before Traylor came to Gilmer.

That being said, I hate to say it, but we will loose this Friday and it probably won't even be close.

Center, Gladewater, and Tatum would all beat us this year and next year and the year after that until we get a new head coach and staff.

Oh yeah, Gladewater, y`all did duck us again this year. Glad you did because y`all would have beat the tar out of us this year and next.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, metalhead10 said:

Nope.

I don't agree with most of what he is posting, but that statement is wrong.  We were the smallest "old" 4A in the late 90's for 2 years. Got beat like dogs. When realignment came, we dropped back down to 3A a year or two before Traylor came to Gilmer.

That being said, I hate to say it, but we will loose this Friday and it probably won't even be close.

Center, Gladewater, and Tatum would all beat us this year and next year and the year after that until we get a new head coach and staff.

Oh yeah, Gladewater, y`all did duck us again this year. Glad you did because y`all would have beat the tar out of us this year and next.

Man when we win and get back on track next yr keep that same energy we don’t need ur type around because ur the type that only support when we are winning 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Everything isn’t on the coaches don’t get me wrong i question some of the stuff they do but all of it not on them 

I agree, 100% is not on them.

Only about 99% of it, according to current players, current reviews, and current results.

Nothing will change until Turner is gone and the staff is overhauled. 

• Thumbs Down 2
  • Stinks 1

35 minutes ago, metalhead10 said:

I agree, 100% is not on them.

Only about 99% of it, according to current players, current reviews, and current results.

Nothing will change until Turner is gone and the staff is overhauled. 

Whatever kid ur getting ur info from I can bet they have missed some tackles and messed up on assignments 

23 hours ago, DOB said:

Since Coach T left, this regime has gone 41-12 ... I know a lot of folks who wish they could say that about their team ..

Wasn't Kurt Traylor and most of the staff still there for a couple of years after JT left? Quite a few went to Lee and PT before last Season and the slide seems to have really accelerated when those Coaches left. I think they lost 7-8 Coaches.  Not sure who they were replaced with. 9 losses the last 2 years.