Zach Smith/Tom Herman

Stoney

9 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I mean if what he's saying is false, I figure Herman would do something about libel. Let's see if he does.

In a more conventional timeline, Herman would be able to "no comment" his way out of this. But social media is the new witch trials, and the sports media is already having a feeding frenzy (not to mix metaphors).

Herman (and UT) really needs to lawyer up, issue a statement, and take this head-on. 

1 minute ago, AKA said:

In a more conventional timeline, Herman would be able to "no comment" his way out of this. But social media is the new witch trials, and the sports media is already having a feeding frenzy (not to mix metaphors).

Herman (and UT) really needs to lawyer up, issue a statement, and take this head-on. 

Agreed on all accounts.

46 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It's getting more and more juicy. 

Man, I wonder if anything is going to come of this. 

What's the latest? I figured it petered out after McMurphy's recent attempt to hit Urban again. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It's getting more and more juicy. 

Man, I wonder if anything is going to come of this. 

I think it could if there was hard evidence, but Smith has already lost a lot of credibility due to 1. abusing his ex wife and 2. his ridiculous twitter rants. I don't think a lot of people can take him for his word.

42 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I don’t think Smith or Ohio St have any real evidence of any misconduct against Herman or McMurphy. 

They sure don’t want to bring charges on anyone because the discovery for that case would open up everything about Urban and OSU. 

Exactly. The more they try to dig up dirt on Herman, the more dirt they get on themselves.

• Like 1

yes, I don't think Texas is interested in jumping into this...I imagine they checked into it early and covered the main bases and feel as okay about it as they need to...Mrs. Herman is still with him, so he couldn't have been too shady (since she knew all about the screwing around)...Smith does sound like a drug induced mess.

I worry about some of the national sports radio hosts giving him a possible "outlet" though...as they have voiced they may. That would be horrendous to have to listen to.