2018-2019 H.S. Football Coaching Changes Thread...

ETxFB299

24 minutes ago, HSBRangers said:

So how can this be official if Hooker has not left and the job is not open.

Rumors, ennuendo, speculation and hearsay 

I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, but rumors, true or false, are often revealing.” Hans Landa (Inglorious ####)

1 hour ago, birddog7987 said:

To the house with $116K!

And more power to him!

Just saw that. Interesting situation there. Wonder if it will bring any big names, or people gonna stay away because they are afraid this will happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 4:01 PM, ETxFB299 said:

Here are the official openings for now:

Athens (Paul Essary)-Zac Harrell, OC, Waxahachie
Beckville (Mike Bickham)-
Caddo Mills (Steve Sumrow)- Kodi Crane, Head Coach Gonzales
Center (Barry Bowman)-Scott Ponder, Head Coach, Bells
Chapel Hill (Jason Hooker)-Jeff Riordan, HC, Crosby
Corsicana (Steve Hoffman)-Hal Wasson, Former HC at Mexia, Southlake Carroll, Pittsburg, San Saba, Italy, Liberty Hill, Fossil Ridge
Grandview (Brad Davis)-Ryan Ebner, Promoted from D.C.
Grapeland (Wayne Mahaffey)-Terry Ward, HC at Harleton and Tenaha

Groesbeck (Steve Hale)-
Harleton (Terry Ward)-Kyle Little, Hallsville O.C.
Hillsboro (Joey Moss)-Steve Hale, AD/FB at Groesbeck
Lovelady (Jon Lowery)-Will Kirchoff, Promoted from O.C.
Madisonville (Rusty Nail)-Russell Urbantke
Marshall (Claude Mathis)-Jake Griedl, Promoted from O.C.
Maud (Allen Cross)-
McGregor (Judd Thrash)-
Mount Enterprise (Scott Holzhauer)-Jeremy Jenkins, D.C. at Tenaha
Nacogdoches (Bobby Reyes)-Darren Allman, Former HC at Odessa Permian, Austin Westlake and Colleyville Heritage
Normangee (Nelson Kortis)-Keith Sitton, Former Leon HC
Ore City (Tracy Blankenship)-Ron Burnham
Spring Hill (Kelly Mercer)-
Stephenville (Greg Winder)-Sterling Doty, HC at Magnolia
Tenaha (Greg Jenkins)-Robert Tamplin Promoted from O.C.
Union Grove (Roger Adams)-Scott Laymance, Promoted from D.C.

Waco Reicher (John Ryan)-Tyler Holcomb, O.C. from Bosqueville
West Rusk (John Frazier)-Nick Harrison Promoted from Asst. Coach

Marble Falls HS Head Coach is open

Tatum is open

From Tatum ISD Athletic Director Darren Hylander:

“Through a lot of prayer and discussion, I have decided with my family to resign from my position as the athletic director and head football coach at Tatum ISD.  This decision has not come easy, but I know it is the right move for my family and I at this time.  We have some opportunities that have just come our way recently, for us to work in some other parts of the state that have always intrigued us.  As sad as it will be to leave our Tatum family, we are very humbled and excited to be able to pursue these ventures.  
            We would like to thank the Tatum school board, administration, faculty, students, and community for their wonderful support.  Dr. Richardson has supported me throughout my tenure as athletic director here and I am thankful for the opportunity he has given me.  The school board has been wonderful to work for as Dr. Richardson and the board have extended my contract another 2 years.  The community has been accepting to my family. The faculty has been great to work with. The students have been some of the best students I have ever had the privilege to work with.  
              We have thoroughly enjoyed our time in Tatum and it will always have a special place in our hearts.  Please continue to pray for my family and I as we heed God’s call to the next journey in our lives.  We wish you continued success and know that God will always bless this very special school and town.”

5 minutes ago, Mavs03 said:

Tatum is open

From Tatum ISD Athletic Director Darren Hylander:

“Through a lot of prayer and discussion, I have decided with my family to resign from my position as the athletic director and head football coach at Tatum ISD.  This decision has not come easy, but I know it is the right move for my family and I at this time.  We have some opportunities that have just come our way recently, for us to work in some other parts of the state that have always intrigued us.  As sad as it will be to leave our Tatum family, we are very humbled and excited to be able to pursue these ventures.  
            We would like to thank the Tatum school board, administration, faculty, students, and community for their wonderful support.  Dr. Richardson has supported me throughout my tenure as athletic director here and I am thankful for the opportunity he has given me.  The school board has been wonderful to work for as Dr. Richardson and the board have extended my contract another 2 years.  The community has been accepting to my family. The faculty has been great to work with. The students have been some of the best students I have ever had the privilege to work with.  
              We have thoroughly enjoyed our time in Tatum and it will always have a special place in our hearts.  Please continue to pray for my family and I as we heed God’s call to the next journey in our lives.  We wish you continued success and know that God will always bless this very special school and town.”

Wow! 

• Mr. P unpinned this topic