Troup Vs Waskom

headhunter02

Troup vs Waskom  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2018 at 11:00 PM

1 hour ago, Pewittbrahma said:

Of coarse you show up. We showed up and walked the Green Mile and let Newton pull that switch. No big deal. Five others gonna walk that same Green Mile. 

Not sure who’s laughing at your statement. 

But they obviously haven’t seen Newton. It won’t be quite as funny when it happens to them...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LSUTIGERS said:

I see where their qb has around 1700 passing with 23 tds 4 int. on the season

I honestly believe that our pass defense is better than even the championship years.   We have a tenacious "D" line and one of the better linebacking corps in this classification.  WILL NOT beat us passing.  We will see if they can match up with the speedsters that Waskom has plenty of.

1 minute ago, 1WildCat said:

By 20

Y’all blow troup out by double that but enjoy it cause the next game you’ll have to change your avatar from a kid laughing to a kid crying cause Pewitt has already walked the Green Mile, Grand Saline is deciding what their last meal is as we speak cause the are fixin’ to walk it, then ole Waskom gets to walk that Mile. What’s your old ### last meal request gonna be? Bread pudding and Ensure? Mine was 3 dozen hot links. I was hoping for a heart attack before we walked the Mile. 

14 hours ago, LSUTigahs said:

2 & out either way. 

Newton will be waiting on the winner

10 hours ago, LSUTigahs said:

Not sure who’s laughing at your statement. 

But they obviously haven’t seen Newton. It won’t be quite as funny when it happens to them...

I can promise you one thing if we’re lucky enough to get by Troup we won’t bow out just because we’re playing  the almighty Newton.

2 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

I can promise you one thing if we’re lucky enough to get by Troup we won’t bow out just because we’re playing  the almighty Newton.

No you won’t bow out. You have a fine program. Kids will be fired up. Newton is just a juggernaut. Outside of us getting murdered it was kind of entertaining watching them. I’ve never seen athletes of that caliber. 215lb running backs are not supposed to run that fast. The kicker was 8 yards from splitting the goal post all 20 times they kicked off. They were unreal. And two D1 guys were in their jumpsuits. I set with two of your fellow Wildcats. They’ll tell you the same thing. They’re unreal. 

1 hour ago, Pewittbrahma said:

No you won’t bow out. You have a fine program. Kids will be fired up. Newton is just a juggernaut. Outside of us getting murdered it was kind of entertaining watching them. I’ve never seen athletes of that caliber. 215lb running backs are not supposed to run that fast. The kicker was 8 yards from splitting the goal post all 20 times they kicked off. They were unreal. And two D1 guys were in their jumpsuits. I set with two of your fellow Wildcats. They’ll tell you the same thing. They’re unreal. 

There’s no doubt how good they are, they’ve murdered us the last two years. 

17 minutes ago, NewtonNation said:

Nothing is given. Speaking of the tide they were tied with Citadel 10-10 at halftime. Have to play hard and not underestimate anyone!

I don’t think your kids take any game lightly. Even though they know deep down can’t nobody match their skill set. I think they’re good kids and got fine coaches that keep them grounded. I talked to Barlow after the game for a good five minutes. One of the most well mannered young men I’ve had a conversation with. Gave him compliments I know he’s been told 10,000 times but he was aw shucks anyways. Some of our boys even said on the field they didn’t talk smack or beat their chest. There was no showboating. Every time one scored he’d flip it to the ref like it wasn’t his first and it wasn’t his last. Very very classy for a high school team to be that loaded with talent and play like grown men instead of talented brats you see most of the time. Y’all win state again not just because they’re are talented as grown men but they also have the heads of grown men. 

6 hours ago, Pewittbrahma said:

Y’all blow troup out by double that but enjoy it cause the next game you’ll have to change your avatar from a kid laughing to a kid crying cause Pewitt has already walked the Green Mile, Grand Saline is deciding what their last meal is as we speak cause the are fixin’ to walk it, then ole Waskom gets to walk that Mile. What’s your old ### last meal request gonna be? Bread pudding and Ensure? Mine was 3 dozen hot links. I was hoping for a heart attack before we walked the Mile. 

I'd settle for hot links myself!! Don't feel we will get blown out by 60+.   We've been there,  and don't see that happening this time around.   We don't have a walking MASH unit like we did last time we met.   Of course gotta get through this next game before worrying about that.

I am going with Waskom. I think Troup will give us a good game, but I think Waskom has too much on offense for Troup to stop them. I think Troup will put up some points because the QB is really good at what he does, but blocking the Waskom defensive line will be a challenge. Looking forward to a good game and hoping everyone stays 100% healthy because whoever goes on to take Newton needs to be firing on all cylinders. 

Just now, jethro said:

I am going with Waskom. I think Troup will give us a good game, but I think Waskom has too much on offense for Troup to stop them. I think Troup will put up some points because the QB is really good at what he does, but blocking the Waskom defensive line will be a challenge. Looking forward to a good game and hoping everyone stays 100% healthy because whoever goes on to take Newton needs to be firing on all cylinders. 

Is this the same QB they had last year?

8 hours ago, Pewittbrahma said:

I don’t think your kids take any game lightly. Even though they know deep down can’t nobody match their skill set. I think they’re good kids and got fine coaches that keep them grounded. I talked to Barlow after the game for a good five minutes. One of the most well mannered young men I’ve had a conversation with. Gave him compliments I know he’s been told 10,000 times but he was aw shucks anyways. Some of our boys even said on the field they didn’t talk smack or beat their chest. There was no showboating. Every time one scored he’d flip it to the ref like it wasn’t his first and it wasn’t his last. Very very classy for a high school team to be that loaded with talent and play like grown men instead of talented brats you see most of the time. Y’all win state again not just because they’re are talented as grown men but they also have the heads of grown men. 

As a Newton fan this makes me so proud. Barlow is a great kid. He actually worked for me most of the summer and I got to really know him.  He’s as grounded as they come.  

• Like 1