Cameron vs Diboll Area round Friday 7:30 in Madisonville

lionpride08

2 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Won't be close again for Yoe.....Diboll is lucky they didn't get beat by buna which they should have.

Yoe 49

Diboll 21

That could definitely happen if Diboll doesn’t fix their backend pass coverage but I’m not sure why you would say Buna should have won the game. 

49 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

That could definitely happen if Diboll doesn’t fix their backend pass coverage but I’m not sure why you would say Buna should have won the game. 

Well lets see.....it was 20-18 Buna heading into the 4th Q. Yall scored quick got a stop and scored again....Buna then score to cut the lead to 5 which ended up being the final.....

Buna had yall on the ropes twice and just couldn't finish yall off.....it was good to see yall come back and win but Buna isn't very good....Cameron is on another level then Buna. Only reason yall stayed with franklin is bc franklin cant throw.

You are about to see a balanced attack that will beat you by that much that I said.

Buna should of won the game.

1 hour ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Well lets see.....it was 20-18 Buna heading into the 4th Q. Yall scored quick got a stop and scored again....Buna then score to cut the lead to 5 which ended up being the final.....

Buna had yall on the ropes twice and just couldn't finish yall off.....it was good to see yall come back and win but Buna isn't very good....Cameron is on another level then Buna. Only reason yall stayed with franklin is bc franklin cant throw.

You are about to see a balanced attack that will beat you by that much that I said.

I agree with you on Cameron being balanced and yes this will be a tough matchup for Diboll.

Good team or not, Buna played well and Diboll did what they needed to do to get the W. 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Franklin didn't have to throw in that game. They had control of that game the whole time. Other than some bad snaps and them putting in backs up early. Why throw when you don't have to? 

Just now, Tiger03lb said:

Franklin didn't have to throw in that game. They had control of that game the whole time. Other than some bad snaps and them putting in backs up early. Why throw when you don't have to? 

Franklin did throw and actually, with the exception of a few overthrows, threw it well. Franklin did control that game but trust me the starters played the whole game and took it on the chin a few times. However that game has nothing to do with next week. 

18 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

Franklin did throw and actually, with the exception of a few overthrows, threw it well. Franklin did control that game but trust me the starters played the whole game and took it on the chin a few times. However that game has nothing to do with next week. 

exactly I believe the yoe is a better  team.

1 hour ago, Woodshed said:

You will have to get used to him.... He hates on franklin all the time

Defensively Yoe did not play one of their better games.  They seemed disinterested most of the night.  Offensively the Yoemen turned the ball over a couple of times allowing Whitney to hang around early in the 3rd.  Whitney's Qb is a talented kid.  Very shifty.   

The Yoemen will meet Dibol Friday in Madisonville @ 6 pm.  Yoe will be the home team.  It's great to be back playing games with meaning.   Safe travels to all for Thanksgiving.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

Certainly not the cleanest game for Cameron last week, but a win is a win this time of the year.  

Two key points for Diboll

1. Can you throw if necessary

2. Will you be able to stop a legit dual-threat offense

Diboll came out flat (which is a head scratcher in the playoffs) in their game too but they put it together and pulled out the win.

1. Diboll can throw if necessary but they are not going to surprise Cameron with their pass game. It wouldn’t work in Diboll’s favor to get into a shootout type game.

2. I honestly can’t say. Diboll has played lightsout defense at times and they have gotten beaten deep a few times, so we will have to see. 

I used to talk football all the time with a truck driver from Cameron and he loved the Yoemen. Hope I run into him Friday because I never thought we would play each other. 

9 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

I got fam in Lufkin (GO PANTHERS!) so I'm glad to see Diboll having a good season. Trying to figure out why they moved the game up to 6. I know a lot of Lumberjacks fans are enjoying this run and look forward to attending every game...

It’s a good time to be a Yoe and Lufkin fan. Both seem primed to have good playoff runs ( unless Diboll gets in the way 😄).

We are excited for our team because they have just ended a 15 year Bi-District drought. Whatever happens Friday the Diboll fans will soak up the playoff atmosphere and I’m sure our boys will enjoy the experience win or lose. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Torn ACL from what some diboll fans have told me.... Was lookin forward to seeing him play

Smh.  Damn I hate to hear that. (It saddens me when any  young man has to go thru an injury like that.) Talk about a load! He is that + some. He gave my Bulldogs all they could handle last year. I hope for a speedy full recovery to the young man