Cameron vs Diboll Area round Friday 7:30 in Madisonville

lionpride08

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:43 PM, lionpride08 said:

Franklin and teague are kinda like rivals but not really rivals.... Played each other prolly around 35 to 40 times

I am not hating on Franklin....I know a lot of folks around there and grew up friends with some from franklin. Great people in that town!

I believe Hedrick is a heck of a coach to win like he does still playing the Slot-T, Wing T, Wishbone, ECT.....(all the old school football looks). He does need to evolve more into a passing team....start getting into spread and stuff with all the talent you guys have but don't lose his identity with old school football!

I just like to get under lionpride08 skin a little.....honestly just messing around with you on the passing because you do say it every year (like a cowboys fan saying it's our year this year lol).

I just honestly think Diboll isn't that good or they would have done better last year in 4A D2.

About the rivalry when my uncle played for Teague in the 80s yall always beat us.....then in the 90s we didn't play...then in the 2000s when I played we destroyed yall.....then in the late 08-09 and early 2010s yall owned us.....then the last few years we have owned all.....so I guess we can say it is a pretty good rivalry where the schools go in spurts of wins lol.

Now back to this game give me Cameron by 28.

49-21  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

I am not hating on Franklin....I know a lot of folks around there and grew up friends with some from franklin. Great people in that town!

I believe Hedrick is a heck of a coach to win like he does still playing the Slot-T, Wing T, Wishbone, ECT.....(all the old school football looks). He does need to evolve more into a passing team....start getting into spread and stuff with all the talent you guys have but don't lose his identity with old school football!

I just like to get under lionpride08 skin a little.....honestly just messing around with you on the passing because you do say it every year (like a cowboys fan saying it's our year this year lol).

I just honestly think Diboll isn't that good or they would have done better last year in 4A D2.

About the rivalry when my uncle played for Teague in the 80s yall always beat us.....then in the 90s we didn't play...then in the 2000s when I played we destroyed yall.....then in the late 08-09 and early 2010s yall owned us.....then the last few years we have owned all.....so I guess we can say it is a pretty good rivalry where the schools go in spurts of wins lol.

49-21  

Coach Hedrick is going for win 300 friday

On 11/17/2018 at 11:26 AM, bulldogs99 said:

Them 2 head coaches Tommy and Z got them Cameron  Yoe rolling. Cameron by at least 17. 

Out of the top 25 in 2017 to top 5. Coaching staff has done a great job in the turnaround. I believe last year at this time we had just gotten beat by Teague in Bi District with no hope in sight. 

2 hours ago, YoeHigh said:

Out of the top 25 in 2017 to top 5. Coaching staff has done a great job in the turnaround. I believe last year at this time we had just gotten beat by Teague in Bi District with no hope in sight. 

From outsider looking in , you could definitely see the new guy presence on the sidelines last Friday night. 

The new OC hire saved Brashear and his existing staff.  There is a night and day difference in how you are seeing players being played in positions that are valuable to the side of the ball where they are needed.   Offensive line which the OC coaches has taken strides forward compared to the last 2 years.  You see a different energy from him compared to the rest of the staff.   You also see another level of discipline on the sideline.  Which has been missing the last couple years.  Yoe fans hope he hangs around awhile.  

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, YoeHigh said:

You guys have done a great job turning it around this year. Really didn't think it would happen until next year. Wish we were still in region 3 so we could play you guys again in the playoffs. Good luck to you guys and stay health. 

26 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

The new OC hire saved Brashear and his existing staff.  There is a night and day difference in how you are seeing players being played in positions that are valuable to the side of the ball where they are needed.   Offensive line which the OC coaches has taken strides forward compared to the last 2 years.  You see a different energy from him compared to the rest of the staff.   You also see another level of discipline on the sideline.  Which has been missing the last couple years.  Yoe fans hope he hangs around awhile.  

Yes sir, he was very intensed and had a short sleeve shirt on while everyone else bundled up. lol. Looks like his motor runs high. 

On 11/18/2018 at 10:33 AM, Woodshed said:

It’s a good time to be a Yoe and Lufkin fan. Both seem primed to have good playoff runs ( unless Diboll gets in the way 😄).

We are excited for our team because they have just ended a 15 year Bi-District drought. Whatever happens Friday the Diboll fans will soak up the playoff atmosphere and I’m sure our boys will enjoy the experience win or lose. 

Okay, so sOkay, so straighten me out on this? When did Gums get hurt? He wasn't the RB who played against Franklin?

On 11/19/2018 at 6:33 AM, highschoolfootball99 said:

49-21  

I keep tellin' my boys in Franklin, that offense is ripe for a trick pass play like a flea flicker or halfback option when they have talent like they do this year...

1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

Okay, so sOkay, so straighten me out on this? When did Gums get hurt? He wasn't the RB who played against Franklin?

Gums went down game #1 against Bridge City and was done for the year. There was going to be a one two punch with Gums and McMillan with Gum’s litte brother (freshman) #24 blocking out of the full back position. Pretty much a heavy package with speed every play. I figured people would be confuse hearing the last name Gums from the field announcer, but that’s Herbert’s little (I use that word lightly because he is huge) brother. I do not like to dwell on next year while we are still playing, but for the sake of this conversation I will say that all of them return next year so hopefully you guys will get to see Diboll at full capacity. 

34 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

Gums went down game #1 against Bridge City and was done for the year. There was going to be a one two punch with Gums and McMillan with Gum’s litte brother (freshman) #24 blocking out of the full back position. Pretty much a heavy package with speed every play. I figured people would be confuse hearing the last name Gums from the field announcer, but that’s Herbert’s little (I use that word lightly because he is huge) brother. I do not like to dwell on next year while we are still playing, but for the sake of this conversation I will say that all of them return next year so hopefully you guys will get to see Diboll at full capacity. 

Aahhh. Hence the confusion for some of us out-of-towners. Hate to hear that about Herbert. Here's to a full recovery. Send him our best, tell him to follow doctor's orders, get healthy and make the best of his return!

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 2:17 PM, yoenation79 said:

Agreed. The hiring has made a world of a difference for you guys offensively. Also helps that the kids have bought in as well. Diboll has not seen a balanced spread attack on the level of Yoe’s. 

22 hours ago, Woodshed said:

I may be off but I believe we will bring back 8 on O and 8 on D.  

On 11/19/2018 at 2:17 PM, yoenation79 said:

Do Yoe fans think if Coach Z takes the Caldwell Hornets Head Coaching position Coach Tommy and his staff will  be less effective? Maybe Z  should be awarded  Coach of the year in the Cameron Yoe district.  Heck if I was Coach Tommy I would just go out and hire another Head Coach if Z departs. 

3 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Do Yoe fans think if Coach Z takes the Caldwell Hornets Head Coaching position Coach Tommy and his staff will  be less effective? Maybe Z  should be awarded  Coach of the year in the Cameron Yoe district.  Heck if I was Coach Tommy I would just go out and hire another Head Coach if Z departs. 

All I can say the OC has brought a new energy to this team.  There has been a different out look brought to the table this season compared to the last 2.  Maybe it's just coincidence.  Not.

If he wants and gets the Caldwell job.  It would be a Yoe lost and a Hornet win.  In Cameron he has finally been able to coach some talent.  Over in Caldwell he'll be scratching to win a couple a games next year.