Round 2 Van vs Splendora

Vandalman

Van vs Splendora  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Splendora's fullback looks like a real freight train. Wish I knew more about them and the teams they've played. I haven't really kept up with the Houston area schools. Looking at video, Splendora looks good but hard to tell. Some of the highlights look like the match-ups were pretty lopsided. Not sure if their schedule was tough or not. Gonna do some research. 

Splendora is big and physical. They are the all around better team coming out of the district with team speed. They can run and throw pretty well. There defense is not very good in the secondary. But yes they do have a big full big back hes every bit of 245lbs

2 hours ago, Vandalman said:

Rankings don't mean much but Maxpreps has Van at 10 and Splendora at 30. Looking at highlights I'd say Splendora is not ranked high enough. They will be a tough out. Anybody know anything about them? Thoughts on this game.

They run a spread balanced attack offense have big fullback that will run you over. We played them and had our chances to win but came up short. Overall they are pretty decent team. 

Just now, LCM said:

Splendora is big and physical. They are the all around better team coming out of the district with team speed. They can run and throw pretty well. There defense is not very good in the secondary. But yes they do have a big full big back hes every bit of 245lbs

Thnx. Yeah that FB looks like he should be playing O-line lol. If their secondary is not very good they may have some trouble with Van's pass attack. 

Just now, Vandalman said:

Thnx. They definitely shouldn't be overlooked.

To be honest ive never seen Van play. But LCM lost to Splendora by 4 points and we gave up 2 turnovers in the second half that cost us a 14 point lead to them. I expect Van to win. I just don't know how well yall defense is to shut them out but yall should be able to score at will in the air imo

1 hour ago, LCM said:

To be honest ive never seen Van play. But LCM lost to Splendora by 4 points and we gave up 2 turnovers in the second half that cost us a 14 point lead to them. I expect Van to win. I just don't know how well yall defense is to shut them out but yall should be able to score at will in the air imo

In my 25 seconds of prep for my score prediction this is kind of what I envisioned 👆.  Both offenses will score a lot of points.  Both defenses will struggle.  Van wins 52-49.

Okay so I did a little research and by a little I don't mean a lot but anyways here's what I saw.  Splendora certainly didn't have nearly as tough of schedule as Van. Splendora's only loss was to a 43 ranked 4a D2 Shepherd team by 14 points. Van's two losses were to a 14th ranked  4aD2 Gilmer team by 1 point and a # 2 ranked 4aD1 Carthage team by 28 points. Having said that, Splendora played who they were scheduled and won all but one game. Doesn't mean they aren't capable of winning against tougher opponents. That's why we play the game. Just watching video, to me they kind of look like Lindale (but on steroids) with  that power back, mobile qb and decent passing game. If we come ready to play like we did against Athens, I think Van takes this by 14. 

1 hour ago, Vandalman said:

Splendora's Facebook says 7pm Saturday 24th at SFA Homer Bryce Stadium

Interesting.....SFA has only hosted one game in the last 2 years and it was last year’s Henderson/carthage game due to no one else being able to hold it. 

Last weeks games held atNHS both listed as being played at Homer Bryce(SFA) to start the week.

Talking at the stadium we had 2 possible games set up at NHS this week 1pm and 7pm Friday...Henderson and

Lumberton took 1pm spot, that’s why I assumed van took 2nd time slot

3 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Interesting.....SFA has only hosted one game in the last 2 years and it was last year’s Henderson/carthage game due to no one else being able to hold it. 

Last weeks games held atNHS both listed as being played at Homer Bryce(SFA) to start the week.

Talking at the stadium we had 2 possible games set up at NHS this week 1pm and 7pm Friday...Henderson and

Correction SFA hosted the Longview vs Lufkin game too.

3 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Yeah, and so far I haven't seen anything on the Van Twitter where they usually post stuff like that either. Time will tell if that's official.