Grand Saline vs Newton

TheShadowKnows

3 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Harmony is Legit....They have a ton of Depth/size and speed....Troup and Waskom are both very good....but I don't see either matching up to Newton. Don't get me wrong...Harmony won't beat Newton....But maybe they keep yall under 50 and score 2-3 TD's. They are doing the one thing well that I think it's going to take to play with Newton....BALL CONTROL!

I agree harmony wont go down without a fight, I pray to see that matchup if it happens... like @Stoney said one game at a time

20 minutes ago, JETT said:

Different year my friend, are yall the favorite? Yes.... have yall won it yet? No... theres a few teams that have a say so this year as well.... Gunter,canadian,harmony are a few at the top of my head.... dont get me wrong newton is a dynamic squad but the mighty have fell quite a few times b4. Its yalls to lose no doubt but it wont be easy

Figuring it will get tougher about the 4th round, still don’t see anyone actually “ beating” us, but we have had bad nights before and just gave it away.   The year we played Waskom at for the title,  those boys beat our , hands down. They were very impressive to watch that year!

1 hour ago, JETT said:

Different year my friend, are yall the favorite? Yes.... have yall won it yet? No... theres a few teams that have a say so this year as well.... Gunter,canadian,harmony are a few at the top of my head.... dont get me wrong newton is a dynamic squad but the mighty have fell quite a few times b4. Its yalls to lose no doubt but it wont be easy

Keep telling your self that you know we coming for y'all lol

Just now, JETT said:

Winona poses no threat to yall I'm a die hard fan but also realist, but the others one will compete 

The others will be better but If we play ball like we are now we are unstoppable and we have all our players back now so y'all just get ready for the big show 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

When this years 8th grade CC team gets up to varsity everyone remember 09 called it.. lol they will bring another ring back to corrigan 

Yall getting way ahead lol.. I'll have to get a pass from nursing home to attend that game.. 🤣

10 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Yeah injuries killed us last year and Youth got us this year...We had 7 sr's this year and really only 3 played meaningful time and 1 of those was hurt out for the season halfway through. Had I believe 9 Sophomores starting, 1 Freshman and the rest jr's. Our JV lost 1 game to Harmony which has 50 freaking kids on it's JV and our 8th grade won district undefeated. 7th had 2 losses. So I think just from looking at those groups Arp will be on the rise again starting next year. Atleast we hope anyways.

I believe Jefferson's JV edged you guys out. Our JV lost once only to Mount Vernon 

9 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Harmony is Legit....They have a ton of Depth/size and speed....Troup and Waskom are both very good....but I don't see either matching up to Newton. Don't get me wrong...Harmony won't beat Newton....But maybe they keep yall under 50 and score 2-3 TD's. They are doing the one thing well that I think it's going to take to play with Newton....BALL CONTROL!

They must have hidden that legit speed when they played GS. I just watched that game and i guess i missed it. I'll rewind and look again cause JJ don't tend to miss much. 

• LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, armchair said:

They must have hidden that legit speed when they played GS. I just watched that game and i guess i missed it. I'll rewind and look again cause JJ don't tend to miss much. 

Maybe coach Russell was saving it for when they need it? JS