#9 (11-1) Gladewater vs. (4-7) Eustace @ Van 2 p.m. Friday

BearFan13

Guest Tiger03lb
15 minutes ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Poor Eustace.........D6 and D7 besides Kemp and Malakoff are very very week. Heck D6 didn't even win a game in playoffs.

Gladewater by 56 just because they will be hungover from thanksgiving turkey or it would be more.

District 5 has to be the weakest district in 3a if eustace and Madison won against the winner & runner up in district 5

21 minutes ago, bearnation said:

IMO gladewater needs to just pick a QB and play him. Offense can't get in rhythm due to changing QBs every series. 12 has led them to better performances when he's in but 6 is capable too-- just pick one kid and roll with it. 

I agree. Waited to late into the season to start rotating QBs.

2 minutes ago, coolbear99 said:

I agree. Waited to late into the season to start rotating QBs.

In my opinion, if Tristan hadn't been out against Sabine, I'm not sure they would have brought DJ up until last night's game. Not sure we would be having this discussion, but he did, they did and we are.

I do not personally like rotating QBs. Both players are outstanding and any coach would love to have a Freshman and Sophomore as talented as these two. Both are too good not to play somewhere on the field. Both can make things happen. Add to that some very good RBs & WRs and a great OL & our offense should be deadly.

I know the coaches have some tough choices getting all our weapons on the field. Lot of coaches out there wish they had that problem.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Please don’t attack me....real question....I though glade water would be much more dominate than they are.  What’s up? Talent is definitely there

I guess it depends on your definition of dominance. 

I wouldn't consider the Bears a team that dominates opponents. Stats show big discrepancies between Gladewater and many of their opponents, but yet we've played some tough opponents that we definitely didn't dominate, nor should we have.

Maybe you are looking at a few games that comparing records should have indicated that we might dominate both stats and on the scoreboard. 

Talent is definitely there, but Bears are really young in key positions. When you get to the playoffs even the 4th place teams play tough. No game is easy, especially when you are expected to dominate.