GILMER vs Fairfield 2pm @ Athens stadium

Sportsguru02

Gilmer vs Fairfield  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2018 at 08:00 PM

On 11/17/2018 at 5:14 PM, wingtveer said:

I think that hellacious schedule Gilmer went through is gonna pay dividends now especially with Webb healthy again. Bucs with the win. 

LE's schedule could help to beat up or beat down Lorena, as well! Either way, being from Pittsburg, I'm not looking forward to next week. Yes, I do believe we will beat Rusk! Gilmer with the win!

Looking at Fairfield's schedule there are not too many quality wins and a few bad losses. But I still think they are a slightly above average team that would have battled for a playoff spot in 7-4A, probably right around the talent level of Spring Hill. They may give em a run, but I think Gilmer is probably more talented top to bottom, and will win if they don't turn the ball over a ton. They are pretty good running team however--Gilmer has been gashed this year a few times. I'm saying like 28-21 Gilmer. 

8 hours ago, michaelmyers said:

Whoops that’s before we knew who Gilmer would be playing.  Like I said look back at the Gilmer vs Sunnyvale thread see who I picked lol this is the weakest I’ve ever seen D2 across the state.

Nah you knew bro. U were just on a rant and mad and wanted to blame it all on coaches. It’s ok bro. I think you have been exposed enough  I will leave you alone  to go back to eating Cheetos and watching Beto commercials in moms basement. 

If Gilmer players begin to think they are back because they beat Sunnyvale, that would be a very bad sign.

Winning is a great salve, but it also can be a great cover.  Certainly, the kids have to be feeling better about themselves after winning for the first time in five weeks.  They probably have some restored confidence, and that should lead to better energy in practice and in the game.  That is a good sign.

However, they made a LOT of mistakes in the Sunnyvale game.  They cannot afford to make those mistakes again.  I have not seen Fairfield play, but I'm going to assume they are better than Sunnyvale.  Gilmer left points on the field Friday night by fumbling and bad snaps and key times.  They cannot afford to do that this week.

If the kids stay focused and practice hard in a week when there is no school, they have a chance.  But they have to keep their focus.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I don’t understand if ur a LE supporter why u so worried about our coache they have won more than LE coaches 

Cuz I hate to see good teams like Gilmer get destroyed cuz of stupid choices. I’m from Carthage and LE. I pull for both them. I used to like Gilmer football when Traylor was around 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Cuz I hate to see good teams like Gilmer get destroyed cuz of stupid choices. I’m from Carthage and LE. I pull for both them. I used to like Gilmer football when Traylor was around 

I am curious why you spend so much time on Gilmer’s threads bashing if you are from LE and Carthage?  You got some real issues with Gilmer.  I think you need to get a life.

• Like 1