GILMER vs Fairfield 2pm @ Athens stadium

Sportsguru02

Gilmer vs Fairfield  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2018 at 08:00 PM

Im not even from Gilmer but if i recall it wasn't too long ago most everyone around here had the Buckeyes all but dead and buried. Now they have made a wonderful run to the 3rd round and the location of that 3rd round game is an issue. Though i slightly agree, there are a multitude of teams that would be dying to still be playing after Thanksgiving so if there is a slight inconvenience so be it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DWH73 said:

Per the Gilmer high school  principal:

Gilmer Buckeyes vs Pleasant Grove Hawks. Round 3 of State Football Playoffs.

Friday, November 30, 7:30 pm. Allen High School.

Gilmer will wear white and be visiting team.

Pre sale tickets - $9 adult, $7 student. All tickets at the gate will be $12. No Senior discount tickets per Allen ISD.

Dumb move.  What the heck,  who says the people in the school system are smart.  I figure both fan bases travel well so the fans will be there.  They would had a much better gate if they had played in Mt Pleasant.  Some of the older fans would make the short trip (like me LOL)

28 minutes ago, OLEMAN said:

Dumb move.  What the heck,  who says the people in the school system are smart.  I figure both fan bases travel well so the fans will be there.  They would had a much better gate if they had played in Mt Pleasant.  Some of the older fans would make the short trip (like me LOL)

It was PG choice they didn’t wanna play around here their coach night wanted to play up there so his family could come watch since he’s from the metroplex 

6 hours ago, metalhead10 said:

I don't think that is it. Why would PG want to play 3 hours away from their home. It's only about a 2 hour drive for Gilmer.

This game should be local with a drive under an hour for each team.

Anybody know what is going on with this idiotic location?

You know how society is. Something will suddenly catch on and everybody wants to do it! It has nothing to do with making since!

• LOL! 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

It was PG choice they didn’t wanna play around here their coach night wanted to play up there so his family could come watch since he’s from the metroplex 

If the PG coach wants to coach and play at a big metroplex stadium he needs to put his big boy pants on and go apply for a job up there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuckNut said:

If the PG coach wants to coach and play at a big metroplex stadium he needs to put his big boy pants on and go apply for a job up there.

If he's like most Plex coaches that come to ET, that's usually the plan.

8 hours ago, OLEMAN said:

A lot of the older fans have not made the trips to the playoff games. And it's not just the seniors either.   You can tell by looking at the stands that attendance is way down this year for the post season games for Gilmer.  And you are talking about a program that has packed the stands in the past as Gilmer is known for bringing an army.  

2 hours ago, OLEMAN said:

Makes the decision even dumber

None of that is true

All 4 coaches from Area Round had to agree on a location BEFORE that game was played.  Had nothing to do with a coin toss or any other decision.

3 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

I'm still here......gilmer was the better team today! Good luck against PG NC your gonna need it.

Better team today?  Dude you 2 days behind 

Better late than never. Now you get leftover crow. 

Thanks  we will take your good luck since your passing it out