Gladewater vs Malakoff 7:00 Friday Rose Stadium

BearFan13

Gladewater vs Malakoff  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 01:00 AM

Guest Tiger03lb
13 minutes ago, PapaBear1 said:

No, I watched them play Mount Vernon

I listened to that game on the radio. MV had to many turnovers. MV was running on them a lot to. We can beat you running or passing. But our d line front 7 is what gets over looked. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yes his last name Carr. He runs like Carter for GW, he is a beast. If we got him back that'll be nice but I won't believe it until he is suited up and on the field. 

From what I saw today, y’all r just fine as is. Pretty impressive. 

Guest Tiger03lb
Just now, wingtveer said:

From what I saw today, y’all r just fine as is. Pretty impressive. 

We've adjusted with him being gone. GV was the first game without him and it showed. It's a weekly thing now and we can beat you either way run or pass. We are run first. This game with gw after we settled down we got into a groove and it was working. 

4 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Great game Malakoff. Great season Bears!  This season can be viewed as nothing but a success. Hate seeing it end for the seniors but the Bears will be strong again next year with youth everywhere. Good luck going forward Tigers!

Bears definitely have a great program!!

16 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yes his last name Carr. He runs like Carter for GW, he is a beast. If we got him back that'll be nice but I won't believe it until he is suited up and on the field. 

#10 has carried the load at RB since week two when Carr went down. I, as well as many others, would love to see him suited back up and on the field. But also as a coach you would be hard pressed to just stick him back in there after not touching a ball for over 2 months. If it was me as long as #10 is doing the job I wouldn’t change a thing. He has earned it! Not saying Carr wouldn’t see some playing time but you just don’t mess with MOJO. But just having him back suited up and ready to go is a blessing and a great problem any coach would love to have. 

Just my two cents.

Guest Tiger03lb
Just now, NavyDad0526 said:

#10 has carried the load at RB since week two when Carr went down. I, as well as many others, would love to see him suited back up and on the field. But also as a coach you would be hard pressed to just stick him back in there after not touching a ball for over 2 months. If it was me as long as #10 is doing the job I wouldn’t change a thing. He has earned it! Not saying Carr wouldn’t see some playing time but you just don’t mess with MOJO. But just having him back suited up and ready to go is a blessing and a great problem any coach would love to have. 

Just my two cents.

I agree with you 100%. Each back brings something different. I was saying when #22 was out, we heard those rumors that he was going to be back and it wasn't until game 6 or 7 that he finally played. I wouldn't change anything up as of right now. We are clicking at the right time!

1 minute ago, MHS77 said:

Our #8 Caleb Adams had a hell of game today. He was all over the field on Defense and so was #32 Colby Rush. Hats off to the entire D they rocked the house today!!

Both of them should get game balls but Caleb was on fire tonight! He was all over the field and was bringing the pain with him.

1 hour ago, 4to3 said:

Great watching the Tigers today from the home side. I picked you the last two weeks and will against Atlanta. Defense dominant #8, 33, and 74. Good luck going fwd, hope to catch another game. 

Thanks buddy go be David next week and slay!!

Great game Tigers!!! That defense was outstanding!!! There were times we were moving the ball and then hit a brick wall or turned the ball over. Not taking advantage of our time in the red zone hurt in the first half. Still, getting the ball back at the start of the 2nd half with the score tied, should have kept us in the game. Tiger defense made the big plays and put pressure on on our QB's.

I'm not a coach, but I do wonder why, if a team has a RB that has 2400 yards rushing this year and right at 100 yards in the first half do you only call his number 1 time on the 3rd quarter opening drive? Not criticizing, just curious.

I know many fans wanted the freshman to play every down. My thoughts are the sophomore got us through the majority of the season, then was sick one game, and then pretty much lost his starting position. The sophomore has made really good decisions this year and never did anything to lose his starting role. Both players are outstanding, but alternating QB's has never been my personal choice, but that being said, I'm not the coach. I just thought the sophomore had done everything he has been asked to do this year and I feel he was the best option despite the freshman's talents. I know I'm not in the majority on my opinion. 

Bears, you had an outstanding year!!! You went further than anyone predicted you would. You should be proud of all you have accomplished this year. Can't wait for next year!!!

Eligia, you had a fantastic year and I'm excited about your future as a Bear. A lot of that success goes to the OL and the other offensive guys doing the blocking. 

TC, we will miss you!!! You are one of the best receivers that have ever played for Gladewater. Others knew that and double and triple teamed you. You still came up with some great catches.

Rashaud, there isn't anything you can't do. No matter what the coaches asked of you, you gave it over 💯

To all the seniors we thank you for what you gave to this Bear team and we wish you only the best in your journey forward. Now, let's hit the rims and play some basketball.

Good luck Malakoff as you continue your quest for the goal of every Texas High School football team. Keep playing like you did today and you will get to Jerry's World. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Great game Tigers!!! That defense was outstanding!!! There were times we were moving the ball and then hit a brick wall or turned the ball over. Not taking advantage of our time in the red zone hurt in the first half. Still, getting the ball back at the start of the 2nd half with the score tied, should have kept us in the game. Tiger defense made the big plays and put pressure on on our QB's.

I'm not a coach, but I do wonder why, if a team has a RB that has 2400 yards rushing this year and right at 100 yards in the first half do you only call his number 1 time on the 3rd quarter opening drive and only 4 times in the 2nd half? Not criticizing, just curious.

I know many fans wanted the freshman to play every down. My thoughts are the sophomore got us through the majority of the season, then was sick one game, and then pretty much lost his starting position. The sophomore has made really good decisions this year and never did anything to lose his starting role. Both players are outstanding, but alternating QB's has never been my personal choice, but that being said, I'm not the coach. I just thought the sophomore had done everything he has been asked to do this year and I feel he was the best option despite the freshman's talents. I know I'm not in the majority on my opinion. 

Bears, you had an outstanding year!!! You went further than anyone predicted you would. You should be proud of all you have accomplished this year. Can't wait for next year!!!

Eligia, you had a fantastic year and I'm excited about your future as a Bear. A lot of that success goes to the OL and the other offensive guys doing the blocking. 

TC, we will miss you!!! You are one of the best receivers that have ever played for Gladewater. Others knew that and double and triple teamed you. You still came up with some great catches.

Rashaud, there isn't anything you can't do. No matter what the coaches asked of you, you gave it over 💯

To all the seniors we thank you for what you gave to this Bear team and we wish you only the best in your journey forward. Now, let's hit the rims and play some basketball.

Good luck Malakoff as you continue your quest for the goal of every Texas High School football team. Keep playing like you did today and you will get to Jerry's World. 

Thank you. Very classy!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I'm not a coach, but I do wonder why, if a team has a RB that has 2400 yards rushing this year and right at 100 yards in the first half do you only call his number 1 time on the 3rd quarter opening drive and only 4 times in the 2nd half? Not criticizing, just curious.

We had our chances in the first half to jump on them but we didn't capitalize.  2nd half even though our kids gave it everything they had we just out played and out coached.  Hats go off to Mk they was the better team today.  BEAR NATION the future is bright. 

Guest Tiger03lb
15 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

You guys got a great program and kids playing! You will be looking good in the future. Want to commend you guys yesterday for how they played. They never gave up especially carter #8 when they knew the out come. Shows the character of how you guys played this season and how classy you guys are from the players, coaches, and fan base. You guys got my respect and from others as well. 

On 11/28/2018 at 1:24 PM, CoachPelvisPresley said:

does it seem weird for Gladewater to be playing schools now in towns with like just a single blinking light...

good competition 🤣

no wonder the Bears are having great...no good seasons again...sorry, I couldn't resist

Bahaha..... 1 single light.... 

1 hour ago, RAB4LIFE said:

Yeah Hughes Springs is growing. Malakoff is just a bunch of broke buildings.... Oh and a McDonald's I heard... lol 

You just showing your lack of knowledge 

I guess that’s why Romo Witten and Aikman have Lake Houses here? 

I guess that’s why two new businesses are under construction a huge lumberyard and workout gym. That’s why MISD has 320 transfers from other local districts. 

Thats why it has two award winning Elementaries. That’s why it was only one of 7 districts in Region 7 to get and A on the new letter grade accountability.