Troup VS Newton SFA 7:30pm

headhunter02

Troup vs Newton  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 01:30 AM

11 hours ago, armchair said:

^ and they are going into the 3rd round. what lame point is that??

That was just a question. You can learn something from Newton Nations reply. Go sit in that old armchair and chill out.  Lol you're probably not even from Newton, you're just a D*** rider, one of the many Tiger haters.

• LOL! 1

22 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

That was just a question. You can learn something from Newton Nations reply. Go sit in that old armchair and chill out.  Lol you're probably not even from Newton, you're just a D*** rider, one of the many Tiger haters.

wow. ok wolfy. now i understand the stupid question. lol

8 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

Bahahaha

you laugh but jj entertained the Waskom coaches during our Arp vs Waskom 3rd round matchup in 2015.....what a blast night that was and man the respect I earned for the Waskom staff. Those guys knew who I was and treated me just like one of their own.

The key to this game will be the Newton defense against the Troup offense. Troup averages 44 points per game and the Newton defense allows 7 points per game. If Newton can put pressure on the QB and stop #24 we have a shot. 

On the other side, the Newton offense averages 57 points per game while the Troup defense gives up 22 points per game. I think Newton will get close to their average on offense but can Troup keep up on the scoreboard. 

1 hour ago, NewtonNation said:

The key to this game will be the Newton defense against the Troup offense. Troup averages 44 points per game and the Newton defense allows 7 points per game. If Newton can put pressure on the QB and stop #24 we have a shot. 

On the other side, the Newton offense averages 57 points per game while the Troup defense gives up 22 points per game. I think Newton will get close to their average on offense but can Troup keep up on the scoreboard. 

Troup has a Big O line. The QB moves around well and keeps his head down field looking for the pass. #2 Attaway for Troup is a stud and can make a lot of plays. Troup's other two receivers are big targets. #25 jr Jaden Lewis is a tall very athletic WR. That kid is a baller at all sports and is a deep threat. Your best DB will probably be on him the entire game. Troup's QB knows how to get rid of the ball under pressure and if you watch some of Ross's Highlights you'll see he's very accurate down field on the deep ball and will throw in tight places. Don't confuse a deep incomplete pass for a missed throw under pressure....a lot of times he got a strong enough arm to just throw it away deep. A lot of his throws are in very tight windows and it takes very good Receiving to make those catches. With Troup, their Key to winning will be something of a little different approach this week vs what most do against Newton. I think they come out Gun slinging and try to score as much as possible rather than keep away like most try. One thing they did do well against Waskom was as not get rattled when RB TK Hamilton was able to get some big runs. Troups Dline played an outstanding game against Waskom. They just kept after it. Now Hamilton is no Barlow and we all agree on that but he's fast...really fast.... and Troup, overall, did a good job with him. I think TK ended the game with around 160 yards rushing. So I wouldn't doubt Barlow gets 200. I won't predict anything this week for either team. At this point in the playoffs everyone is good. Newton is the heavy favorite as they should be. Only a true homer like myself would say this game goes the other way. But in the event of an upset.....you sure would not hear anyone say I told ya so. I think it would be just shock on both sides. Good luck to you guys this week. I Look forward to watch both teams.

1 hour ago, NewtonNation said:

I respect you sir, knowing yall have a helluva team but talk like your team can be beat is as humble as it gets, the rest on here give no one a shot, which is actually mind boggling newton is a on a rampage no doubt, that ball bounces funny ways sometimes and the mighty have hit the ground hard....

That being said I'm pulling for my district bros to pull it out D10.....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JETT said:

I respect you sir, knowing yall have a helluva team but talk like your team can be beat is as humble as it gets, the rest on here give no one a shot, which is actually mind boggling newton is a on a rampage no doubt, that ball bounces funny ways sometimes and the mighty have hit the ground hard....

That being said I'm pulling for my district bros to pull it out D10.....

well said and 100% agree with you

• Thanks 1

I've been to about 7 Newton games this year.  I keep the same thought every week going into the game.  No doubt they are good but everyone is beatable. They can be beat!  But watching them it's also hard to imagine anyone in 3a getting it done.

JJ. have you seen Newton play yet this year?

6 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

I've been to about 7 Newton games this year.  I keep the same thought every week going into the game.  No doubt they are good but everyone is beatable. They can be beat!  But watching them it's also hard to imagine anyone in 3a getting it done.

JJ. have you seen Newton play yet this year?

No this week will my first time seeing them this year. I can only imagine how much improved they are over last year though. It's definitely a team I want to say I watched play.

• Like 1

JJ if they come out slinging the ball the clock will be Troups enemy. Killing the clock with incomplete passes will only work in Newtons favor. You know better than that. Newton will end up having a 3 digit final score. No stopping dem Eagles..!! 

9 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

you laugh but jj entertained the Waskom coaches during our Arp vs Waskom 3rd round matchup in 2015.....what a blast night that was and man the respect I earned for the Waskom staff. Those guys knew who I was and treated me just like one of their own.

JJ, you have always been entertaining on Smoaky. We definitely did have some GREAT TIMES having to battle Arp. You are welcome to come run our chains in Brownsboro anytime. Take some good  pictures too as both you and your dad have done. I plan on being at the Game Friday. #22

43 minutes ago, GP22 said:

JJ, you have always been entertaining on Smoaky. We definitely did have some GREAT TIMES having to battle Arp. You are welcome to come run our chains in Brownsboro anytime. Take some good  pictures too as both you and your dad have done. I plan on being at the Game Friday. #22

Hope to see you Coach.

1 hour ago, GP22 said:

If you see me you better holler brother! Hope all is well my man