Troup VS Newton SFA 7:30pm

headhunter02

Troup vs Newton  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 01:30 AM

6 minutes ago, Rodman said:

This is Coach Johnston’s 8th season. Coach Barbay was Head Coach 36 seasons. How many years did Coach Johnston work under Coach Barbay? 44 seasons and just two coaches. Talk about consistency. Wow. 

Before my time in education.. sometime in the 90s or early 2000s. You'd have to ask Newton Nation. In my opinion consistency is the primary key to success and then finding a worthy successor. Newton, Corrigan and Lufkin have had the same Coaching trees the longest, and have the 3 longest consecutive playoff appearances in East Texas.

16 minutes ago, Rodman said:

This is Coach Johnston’s 8th season. Coach Barbay was Head Coach 36 seasons. How many years did Coach Johnston work under Coach Barbay? 44 seasons and just two coaches. Talk about consistency. Wow. 

Coach Johnston came to Newton in 1991 as the defensive coordinator. He left the 93' season and came back. The 93' season is the last losing season we had and the last time we missed the playoffs. He's a great Coach. Tore up my rear end in the 90's. lol

This season Barlow has passed 3 former running backs to move into 2nd place on Newton's all time career rushing list. He has moved into 1st place in career TD's.

Career rushing:
Anthony Byerly - 6,598
Darwin Barlow - 5,082
Jimmy Walker - 4,171
Toddrick Pendland - 4,000
Brandon Johnson - 3,724

Career TD's:
Darwin Barlow - 80
Toddrick Penland - 76
Anthony Byerly - 58
Brandon Johnson - 55
Kevin Shorter - 52

30 minutes ago, Rodman said:

Just think what his numbers would be if he got the usual 25-30 touches a game!!!! He’s put those numbers only playing the first half. If he’d play the entire ball game of every game he’d put numbers up that no one would ever catch. I understand why coaches pull their studs. Injuries and not running the scores up and all but I hate it for the kids. The record holders are not really the record holders and need a * by their numbers. 

You right RodMan. Also the passing game has limited Barlow. Newton didn't know what passing was back in the past. It was run every down.

1 hour ago, Tiger1995 said:

I think your way over reading my comments. ...smh.....I'm not sure what you saying other than what is already been said. Of course you guys thought Waskom was going to just Roll over Troup with speed and that super secondary yall supposedly had too...But yeah man...we all know what Newton is and we all know exactly what to expect....and we all know Troup Beat Waskom bahahahahahahaha  

We definitely got beat. And if in fact you know what to expect you will know in your heart of hearts that your boys are in for a beating of epic porportion.  I don't recall any mention of Waskoms "super secondary" OR the many D1 recruits that Troup is about to roll out until recently, from you.  Sounds like to me just some more of the many JJisms we have been subjected to over the years.  The story next week will be the same as in years past, with you wishing Newton luck in "the show", just as you have Waskom in the past.

48 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

You right RodMan. Also the passing game has limited Barlow. Newton didn't know what passing was back in the past. It was run every down.

That is why Newton has always been just a playoff team and not a state team more than we have we now pass the ball Newton has always had the talent from 2000 to 2003 we had 6 kids go d1 and one pro if we would have had a passing game there would have been no stopping us but we was a running team as always if you could stop our run game we was done but now you get the new Newton with a passing attack which equals two state appearances in 3 years and more to come 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 1WildCat said:

We definitely got beat. And if in fact you know what to expect you will know in your heart of hearts that your boys are in for a beating of epic porportion.  I don't recall any mention of Waskoms "super secondary" OR the many D1 recruits that Troup is about to roll out until recently, from you.  Sounds like to me just some more of the many JJisms we have been subjected to over the years.  The story next week will be the same as in years past, with you wishing Newton luck in "the show", just as you have Waskom in the past.

I mean why are you even typing? Did I say Troup was gonna win somewhere? Anywhere? Hell did I even say it was going to be close? C'mon man....your sipping a little hard right now and way over thinking it......I'll wait on that response too....Also I bet you $5 had Waskom been good enough to beat Troup you'd be on here screaming How TK and Waskom was ready to keep this game close....News flash....Troup was better.....Waskom was worser bahahahaha

9 hours ago, NewtonNation said:

Coach Johnston came to Newton in 1991 as the defensive coordinator. He left the 93' season and came back. The 93' season is the last losing season we had and the last time we missed the playoffs. He's a great Coach. Tore up my rear end in the 90's. lol

Man that's so dang impressive...for real....My Arp Tigers ended an 18 year playoff streak this year. Very sad what happened to the them...we will bounce back...But back to subject that's something to be very proud of. You guys be sure to thank Coach Johnson every chance you get. It's so hard these days to find coaches that can consistently win year in and year out. I say it every year on FB, in person and here on smoaky how thankful Arp needs to be to have Dale Irwin. That man is a true man maker. Honest to core as it gets.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:56 PM, BiggieSmalls said:

To be honest, you guys are average at best. I mean, Waskom and EF beat you guys in district. That’s embarrassing. You guys won’t come within 4 touchdowns to Newton. 

and where is Waskom and EF at now??? Daingerfield is still playing... you cant base 1 game off of another any more,  Daingerfield is on a mission

• Stinks 1

Good morning HS football Nation.  Has anyone changed their mind as to how this Newton/Troup game will play out ? I slept on it last night and awoke with this prediction. Newton will score often and Troup will not. That said.. I see a 50 point difference. Laugh if you want..😙 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

Good morning HS football Nation.  Has anyone changed their mind as to how this Newton/Troup game will play out ? I slept on it last night and awoke with this prediction. Newton will score often and Troup will not. That said.. I see a 50 point difference. Laugh if you want..😙 

I don't see a 50 point difference. I am going with a 56-14 ball game, so i have a 42 point difference. 

43 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Troup's run game won't go anywhere against Newton's defense  ...

Troup has a very good RB who is fairly big and against Waskom he was able to run inside when they needed to, Waskom is small on the defensive front, Newton is big and fast everywhere, Troup will need to throw and they did that very well against Waskom, we couldn't put enough pressure on the QB to effect his accuracy which was very good plus he had a number of good passes dropped. I don't think Troup will do well against Newton but then again I didn't think Waskom would have either they are just to good on both sides of the ball.