Troup VS Newton SFA 7:30pm

headhunter02

Troup vs Newton  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, Tiger1995 said:

I think after this Game you'll look back at Troup and think of them a lot like WR Last year....If not for Newton they very well could make it to Jerry World.

It will be interesting to see.  That West Rusk team last season was very good and could have made a run at the title if not for the nasty newton eagles.  

First of all I was not being disrespectful toward the troup rb it was an opinion I evaluated a key player for troup. After the waskom game I heard of this beast running back troup had so I went and investigated. I don't see a beast rb. Second of don't get so but hurt and take your own advice and reread my comments no disrespect to troups program or any player. Third from what I've seen newton is not "blessed" with 4 great players and a bunch of above average players to help them. They have been blessed with great men who have built a foundation to not only teach the game of football but to mold them into men, a loyal and supportive community through the good and bad. These young men were blessed alright but the talent wasn't given it was EARNED!!!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Scattrapat2 said:

First of all I was not being disrespectful toward the troup rb it was an opinion I evaluated a key player for troup. After the waskom game I heard of this beast running back troup had so I went and investigated. I don't see a beast rb. Second of don't get so but hurt and take your own advice and reread my comments no disrespect to troups program or any player. Third from what I've seen newton is not "blessed" with 4 great players and a bunch of above average players to help them. They have been blessed with great men who have built a foundation to not only teach the game of football but to mold them into men, a loyal and supportive community through the good and bad. These young men were blessed alright but the talent wasn't given it was EARNED!!!!

Ok. Now I see.... your just a homer. All good bro me too. 

8 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Yeah but they help y’all down way under what y’all thought you’d score. 21 points if I’m not mistaken and y’all only won by 14. 

We still had our average of 400 yards of O. The scoreboard didn’t show how the game actually went.  

2 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Ok. Now I see.... your just a homer. All good bro me too. 

I'm super confused. Its cool for you to make an observation about Newton players (all be it very ignorant ones) but when scattrap says something about #24 for Troup we get offended? The reason you struggle with this conversation is because it involves more than just logging into smoaky and reading what everyone else is saying. I thought this was a High School Football forum. Also Ryker what is this mess about not lumping him in with the rest of the Newton fan base? Nothing he has said shows any negativity about Newton football. I agree with what he said, #24 is a linebacker playing RB. Thats what happens when you don't have a decent running back, you take a guy with size and a little bit of athleticism because 9 times out of 10 it will guarantee yards if the RB hits the hole like #24 does. This isn't trash talk, these are facts. But since Newtons above average team that got "BLESSED" showed up last year and this one as well, everyone on here wants to act like they dont know football anymore. I cant believe you called Barlow or #4, if that makes it less offensive, a college WR or DB. It shows you just get on here and talk. Max Preps, look it up it has every team in the nation plus highlights, you can see Barlow all over youtube as well. You can also view all his offers on ETSN.FM where if you look closely they are all recruiting him for a running back. I would also like to point out the guy that said Troup is equivalent to last years west rusk.....the one that had a D1 linebacker and several D1 defensive linemen. You cant just win playoff games and immediately think your team shares the same talent like a Newton, or Daingerfield and Yoe at the beginning of this decade. You have to pay attention to all aspects of the game and the players. To finish this I'm not hating on #24 I think the kid has a great build and with a great linebacker coach he could be a true D1 player on DEFENSE, As a RB he cant make cuts, can only run downfield, and if you think otherwise go take a look at the RB for Boiling last year that was a D1 RB with that size and if you think they are on the same level anything you say is irrelevant. It would just be stupid. I'm gonna catch a lot of flak for this post, but the lack of basic football knowledge is astounding. 

Honestly Tiger1995, I love most of your post and you make the forum interesting, but I think until Arp decides to play big boy ball again you should just stay at the diner and continue to serve crow to all the teams north of Lufkin that are headed home from what was suppose be a close game with the Purple Beast from the South-East.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BottomLine said:

I'm super confused. Its cool for you to make an observation about Newton players (all be it very ignorant ones) but when scattrap says something about #24 for Troup we get offended? The reason you struggle with this conversation is because it involves more than just logging into smoaky and reading what everyone else is saying. I thought this was a High School Football forum. Also Ryker what is this mess about not lumping him in with the rest of the Newton fan base? Nothing he has said shows any negativity about Newton football. I agree with what he said, #24 is a linebacker playing RB. Thats what happens when you don't have a decent running back, you take a guy with size and a little bit of athleticism because 9 times out of 10 it will guarantee yards if the RB hits the hole like #24 does. This isn't trash talk, these are facts. But since Newtons above average team that got "BLESSED" showed up last year and this one as well, everyone on here wants to act like they dont know football anymore. I cant believe you called Barlow or #4, if that makes it less offensive, a college WR or DB. It shows you just get on here and talk. Max Preps, look it up it has every team in the nation plus highlights, you can see Barlow all over youtube as well. You can also view all his offers on ETSN.FM where if you look closely they are all recruiting him for a running back. I would also like to point out the guy that said Troup is equivalent to last years west rusk.....the one that had a D1 linebacker and several D1 defensive linemen. You cant just win playoff games and immediately think your team shares the same talent like a Newton, or Daingerfield and Yoe at the beginning of this decade. You have to pay attention to all aspects of the game and the players. To finish this I'm not hating on #24 I think the kid has a great build and with a great linebacker coach he could be a true D1 player on DEFENSE, As a RB he cant make cuts, can only run downfield, and if you think otherwise go take a look at the RB for Boiling last year that was a D1 RB with that size and if you think they are on the same level anything you say is irrelevant. It would just be stupid. I'm gonna catch a lot of flak for this post, but the lack of basic football knowledge is astounding. 

Honestly Tiger1995, I love most of your post and you make the forum interesting, but I think until Arp decides to play big boy ball again you should just stay at the diner and continue to serve crow to all the teams north of Lufkin that are headed home from what was suppose be a close game with the Purple Beast from the South-East.

Nice post!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BottomLine said:

Best post I’ve ever seen on here. 

6 hours ago, BottomLine said:

Awesome post!!!!!