Troup VS Newton SFA 7:30pm

headhunter02

Troup vs Newton  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, BiggieSmalls said:

Someone may correct me if wrong here, which I am probably a little off being that I did not attend one game and have only read about it, but I think Newton's 8th grade lost one game and JV lost two games?? Though, Newton's varsity will be very, very dominant again next season. A lot of key players return and the freshman RB will be the next huge recruit. He will probably receive multiple offers next year as a sophomore if he stays healthy. Then they return majority of the offensive line, #2, #3, #12, #14 and #24 that are big time players right now. I think they could possibly go undefeated again. WOS or Gilmer will definitely test them and could very much win, but I don't see a 3A team beating them next year as well; unless the injury bug hits them. They are going to be explosive next season. Just my opinion, but who knows. How about you guys?

Losing most of the OL and one RB, defense I'm not sure about, but it won't matter much imo, we'll continue to be soft, kids are in the wrong kind of offense for their talent level, plus Ford doesn't allow contact for his players til game nights. 

26 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Losing most of the OL and one RB, defense I'm not sure about, but it won't matter much imo, we'll continue to be soft, Ford doesn't allow contact for his players til game nights. 

That's unfortunate. Newton is still very old school which I love. They still give licks (butt whooping with a paddle) if a player get's in trouble, curses, bad grades, leaves a cleat/pad/helmet/etc. out, and they tackle and go full contact every single day. That really surprises me that a couch does not allow for contact during practice. Is this the same coach you guys had when y'all played Newton in Jasper? Yall were really good!

30 minutes ago, BiggieSmalls said:

That's unfortunate. Newton is still very old school which I love. They still give licks (butt whooping with a paddle) if a player get's in trouble, curses, bad grades, leaves a cleat/pad/helmet/etc. out, and they tackle and go full contact every single day. That really surprises me that a couch does not allow for contact during practice. Is this the same coach you guys had when y'all played Newton in Jasper? Yall were really good!

Yes same coach, we were good cause we got lucky when Logan Hughes transferred back from Waskom to play QB and we had really good talent that yr at WR for the spread to run it, but was still on the soft side, unfortunately we lost two really good players that transferred out after that yr that would've been seniors for us this yr. 

47 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Yes same coach, we were good cause we got lucky when Logan Hughes transferred back from Waskom to play QB and we had really good talent that yr at WR for the spread to run it, but was still on the soft side, unfortunately we lost two really good players that transferred out after that yr that would've been seniors for us this yr. 

Yeah. Your #10, #11 and #1 were some dang good players. Newton wasn't very skilled in the secondary, but those guys were killing it. Do any of them play anywhere? Didn't yall have a big D1 offensive lineman? 

17 minutes ago, BiggieSmalls said:

Yeah. Your #10, #11 and #1 were some dang good players. Newton wasn't very skilled in the secondary, but those guys were killing it. Do any of them play anywhere? Didn't yall have a big D1 offensive lineman? 

#10 is at SFA, idk what kind of playing time he's getting, #1 I believe is playing basketball at a college somewhere and #11 decided not to further his playing days in football, the big lineman your asking about is #65 he's a Sr and hugh, but very soft due to Fords no contact in practice rule which slowed his physical development. 

3 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

#10 is at SFA, idk what kind of playing time he's getting, #1 I believe is playing basketball at a college somewhere and #11 decided not to further his playing days in football, the big lineman your asking about is #65 he's a Sr and hugh, but very soft due to Fords no contact in practice rule which slowed his physical development. 

I hope they keep renewing his contract.  Ford is a great coach!😉

20 hours ago, BiggieSmalls said:

Is going full contact everyday even allowed anymore?

Impossible is just a word that is thrown around. Many thought the Giants in 2007 had no chance of beating the Patriots. In 2006 Troup beat a #1 Tatum team that had 6 players go D1, Tatum went on to go win State that year. Everything seems impossible until it is done. On any given Friday you can win or lose. Football is game of inches, the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches you need are everywhere around you. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. You have to have the will and the fight to get these. And these Troup Tigers have this fight and will within. They are a team looking to prove all the naysayers wrong. Our backs may be up against the wall in this fight, but you best believe we will go down fighting to the end, victories or not. The way I look at it everybody thinks to win state you have to beat Newton. So this is Troup's chance to knock them off tonight and shock the state. Marron and White forever. Go get em Tigers!

2 minutes ago, headhunter02 said:

Impossible is just a word that is thrown around. Many thought the Giants in 2007 had no chance of beating the Patriots. In 2006 Troup beat a #1 Tatum team that had 6 players go D1, Tatum went on to go win State that year. Everything seems impossible until it is done. On any given Friday you can win or lose. Football is game of inches, the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches you need are everywhere around you. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. You have to have the will and the fight to get these. And these Troup Tigers have this fight and will within. They are a team looking to prove all the naysayers wrong. Our backs may be up against the wall in this fight, but you best believe we will go down fighting to the end, victories or not. The way I look at it everybody thinks to win state you have to beat Newton. So this is Troup's chance to knock them off tonight and shock the state. Marron and White forever. Go get em Tigers!

Great post. 100% truth. Safe travels.....rain is coming. 

17 minutes ago, headhunter02 said:

This Carlisle fan pulling for Troup tonight.