Troup VS Newton SFA 7:30pm

headhunter02

Troup vs Newton  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 01:30 AM

4 hours ago, OleMoe said:

JJ if they come out slinging the ball the clock will be Troups enemy. Killing the clock with incomplete passes will only work in Newtons favor. You know better than that. Newton will end up having a 3 digit final score. No stopping dem Eagles..!! 

Yeah ...but...imo everyone plays Newton that way....Why not do what nobody else has done and do what you do best and just let the cards lay where they fall....Come out and just go for it. Put the damn pedal down and keep it down. At this point everyone thinks it'll be a 55-65 points beating anyways so what have you really lost? I don't think anything other than maybe an extra TD? or 2? I think Newton Coaches would respect another team for trying rather than taking the bow out approach.....Especially when you have the Offense that can do things that most can't through the air...If yall remember right EF gave em Hell through the Air and so did Crockett the last couple of years.

28 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Yeah ...but...imo everyone plays Newton that way....Why not do what nobody else has done and do what you do best and just let the cards lay where they fall....Come out and just go for it. Put the damn pedal down and keep it down. At this point everyone thinks it'll be a 55-65 points beating anyways so what have you really lost? I don't think anything other than maybe an extra TD? or 2? I think Newton Coaches would respect another team for trying rather than taking the bow out approach.....Especially when you have the Offense that can do things that most can't through the air...If yall remember right EF gave em Hell through the Air and so did Crockett the last couple of years.

Yea good point.. All GS did was try to hold score down. Using every sec of play clock before snapping.  Still didnt help.. lol.. Gonna be interesting to see what Troup brings.

32 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

We didn't have D1s all over the field at that time eather I wish they would try and pass all night cause we would have the ball the hole time with time on the clock #8 #12 #5 #4 would love that 

3 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

Yea good point.. All GS did was try to hold score down. Using every sec of play clock before snapping.  Still didnt help.. lol.. Gonna be interesting to see what Troup brings.

I don't have any inside with that staff so I'm just talking but as a coach myself...I believe I'd try till the last second and tell my team let's leave it on the field....If they stomp us ...then so be it...But you gotta try! 1 drive at a time

Just now, Newton2003 said:

We didn't have D1s all over the field at that time eather I wish they would try and pass all night cause we would have the ball the hole time with time on the clock #8 #12 #5 #4 would love that 

Oh well....get ready because Troup will pass the ball....And yes you did have D1s all over the field then too...come on now smh

9 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Oh well....get ready because Troup will pass the ball....And yes you did have D1s all over the field then too...come on now smh

JJ, get your finger outta the light socket.    Troup hasn't a snowballs chance in, well ya know what I mean.  As far as matching team speed with Newton, you guys can hang that up.  As dominating as Newton was all of last year, those fellers apparently lived the offseason in the weight room and approached this season on a mission to become the first 3A D2 Champ since, yep - ######!!  Those guys are huge on the line on both sides of the ball and fast.   No fat slow boys on that team. They have held the last couple of teams to under 100 total yards, totally dominating everyone in sight.  If it's any consolation, your boys came closer to playing into December than mine.  Hope to see you guys again next season.

40 minutes ago, Rodman said:

Is he getting offers? On kickoffs he’s normally 8-10 yards from putting it through the uprights. All that talent with a kicker to boot lol. You gotta admit y’all are a little spoiled 

Never had a kicker like this lol well we have but not as deadly I haven't heard of any offers he should though would be a shame if not

59 minutes ago, Rodman said:

Watched a piece on Barlow and his relationship with his Head Coach. He’d push around the Coach’s oxygen tank when he was a jr high kid. What an athlete but more importantly what a young man. You could tell they care for each other on a whole different level. Well beyond football. Tripped me out with the Jolly Rancher deal. Lol great piece. Hard not to root for a kid like that. Hard not to root for a coach like that too. 

They are the definition of football family... It shows in everything they do. Coach Johnson is a class act. The Barbay torch was passed to a sure enough warrior and his players and staff know it. 

3 hours ago, 1WildCat said:

JJ, get your finger outta the light socket.    Troup hasn't a snowballs chance in, well ya know what I mean.  As far as matching team speed with Newton, you guys can hang that up.  As dominating as Newton was all of last year, those fellers apparently lived the offseason in the weight room and approached this season on a mission to become the first 3A D2 Champ since, yep - ######!!  Those guys are huge on the line on both sides of the ball and fast.   No fat slow boys on that team. They have held the last couple of teams to under 100 total yards, totally dominating everyone in sight.  If it's any consolation, your boys came closer to playing into December than mine.  Hope to see you guys again next season.

I think your way over reading my comments. ...smh.....I'm not sure what you saying other than what is already been said. Of course you guys thought Waskom was going to just Roll over Troup with speed and that super secondary yall supposedly had too...But yeah man...we all know what Newton is and we all know exactly what to expect....and we all know Troup Beat Waskom bahahahahahahaha