San Augustine vs Garrison - Regional Semi Final

SAWolfman

7 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Nobody said anything about Refugio being next week.  I don't even know if it'll be Refugio, Mason, or Shiner.  Just stating that their region has been putting it on east Texas far too long so I'm hoping to see a different representative (Garrison) take a shot at whoever it is.  San Augustine posters on here apparently aren't a very good judge of their talent level verses what's out there in the rest of Texas because they thought they were outstanding last year and found out otherwise.  I know it's hard to judge if you don't get out of the area.  Despite a lot of people not liking the Refugio coach, he has done a good job of getting his team to play exceptional talent in pre-district, so they know what they have (i.e. Mart-enough said, 3A Goliad, Lago Vista several years ago, 4A Geronimo-Navarro, etc.) 

Having said that, I have had the chance to see Mason and Refugio this year and they aren't as strong as they have been, but still very good and will be up to the challenge, so I'm hoping Garrison makes it and brings it to the Regional Championship game.

You must still be obsessed with last year's whooping to get so emotional in your reply.  Kind of weird dude. 

SA gets knocked out tomorrow. And SA would get stomped on the other side of the bracket as well

4 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Good to hear and I hope so.  I've been away from the area for a number of years, so don't get to see these teams anymore until playoffs, but would love to see one of these three in the regional final. 

Garrison is the favorite in my opinion. They have a big O line and a bruising running back. They simply win in the trenches. They’re defense has shown weakness but from what I’m hearing they’ve been improving every week. They have had the 2nd toughest schedule out of the 4 and have bested all competition. They are district champs of the toughest district in Texas per Dave Campbell’s and I agree. D11 was brutal.

Carlisle is 2nd favorite in my opinion. They have played the weakest schedule but have destroyed everyone. I went to watch them play Joaquin to see if they were for real and they are. They spread the field and are a threat in all phases. They have several very good athletes. QB cannot be contain. Kid probably runs a 4.4 and is super quick. Rb is fast as well. Tall wide receiver with great hands. Good fast quick defense. 

Tenaha is the dark horse. They are Tenaha. They win. They have made a lot of mistakes in big situations this year and have lost some games in the last minute. They by far have had the toughest schedule. They have a hard nose monster in Jay Lloyd.

All 3 teams can pass and run. Garrison is the bigger bruising team (Typical Garrison).

Carlisle is the smaller lightning quick team. 

Tenaha is right in between them size wise and the most balanced of the two. Although Carlisle can pass they slightly favor spreading the defense and lighting you up with quick runs by the QB and rb. When you get tired of that you come up to stop that threat and get burned deep.

One of those 3 will represent our region.

So Garrison gets 2 garbage TD's in first game this year...SA turns the ball over twice it the red zone...you're right Garrison is gonna just run all over SA tomorrow.  Wake up and smell the roses cause you're living in a fantasy world.  Garrison may win, but it won't be because SA didn't play them.  Garrison ain't done nothing in years!!!

26 minutes ago, Foozball said:

Garrison is the favorite in my opinion. They have a big O line and a bruising running back. They simply win in the trenches. They’re defense has shown weakness but from what I’m hearing they’ve been improving every week. They have had the 2nd toughest schedule out of the 4 and have bested all competition. They are district champs of the toughest district in Texas per Dave Campbell’s and I agree. D11 was brutal.

Carlisle is 2nd favorite in my opinion. They have played the weakest schedule but have destroyed everyone. I went to watch them play Joaquin to see if they were for real and they are. They spread the field and are a threat in all phases. They have several very good athletes. QB cannot be contain. Kid probably runs a 4.4 and is super quick. Rb is fast as well. Tall wide receiver with great hands. Good fast quick defense. 

Tenaha is the dark horse. They are Tenaha. They win. They have made a lot of mistakes in big situations this year and have lost some games in the last minute. They by far have had the toughest schedule. They have a hard nose monster in Jay Lloyd.

All 3 teams can pass and run. Garrison is the bigger bruising team (Typical Garrison).

Tenaha is right in between them size wise and the most balanced of the two. Although Carlisle can pass they slightly favor spreading the defense and lighting you up with quick runs by the QB and rb. When you get tired of that you come up to stop that threat and get burned deep.

You sure seem awful confident...

Garrison people on here have picked Garrison to win,  SA people on here have picked SA to win.   Other people have on here who root or live in other towns,  have picked Garrison and you are calling Garrison big babies.  I don't understand your logic.  You pick your hometeam everytime or you are not a fan.  just my thoughts.  

2 hours ago, bystander76 said:

So Garrison gets 2 garbage TD's in first game this year...SA turns the ball over twice it the red zone...you're right Garrison is gonna just run all over SA tomorrow.  Wake up and smell the roses cause you're living in a fantasy world.  Garrison may win, but it won't be because SA didn't play them.  Garrison ain't done nothing in years!!!

I live in Lufkin. I have no bias for any teams left in Region 3. I call it like I see it. I’ve seen all 4 teams play. SA is the weakest team.

2 hours ago, Foozball said:

Just know Joaquin will never rep this region again for another 10 years 

Regardless if we lost the game against Refugio last year, 14-1 wasnt a good judge of talent when we bearly lost anyone? Jw. My cousin Dexter Price was on the Dawgs team back in 03 when We BOTH won state that year so I'm not gonna throw shade at them like that. I love my hometown and the team and young men that represent it. Much respect to Garrison, but we're gonna see a different ball game tomorrow. Just as soon as we all can make it to Nasty Doches lol. 

Faith without works is dead so y not be confident or have faith in them? U dont have to root or even pick S.A. (ur choice), cause no matter what is said in here, the talking stops tomorrow at 1. No matter what people have always said about the Wolves in any sport beforehand, once they played them it was respect given afterwards. I feel like the boys will bring extra pillows for all of these people sleeping on us. But cool. Gonna need to see all the posters there at the stadium to no matter what the result.

4 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Just know Joaquin will never rep this region again for another 10 years 

I’m fine whether they do or don’t. Doesnt change the fact that SA won’t represent it in 2018, and it doesn’t change the fact that SA would be fighting for its life just to make it out of D11 this year. One of those is my opinion (soon to be fact) the other statement is indisputable (though you’ll try and dispute it).

6 minutes ago, SaPack4Liif3 said:

Faith without works is dead so y not be confident or have faith in them? U dont have to root or even pick S.A. (ur choice), cause no matter what is said in here, the talking stops tomorrow at 1. No matter what people have always said about the Wolves in any sport beforehand, once they played them it was respect given afterwards. I feel like the boys will bring extra pillows for all of these people sleeping on us. But cool. Gonna need to see all the posters there at the stadium to no matter what the result.

I respect SA. I’ve watched a lot of SA games. Played against some of the best SA teams. I’ve called some SA games. SA is always a force to be reckoned with. Always. But they will be forced out of the contest this year. There are hungrier teams. Meaner teams. More battle hardened teams. More explosive teams. If SA wants it they’ll have to take it. I don’t think they’ll be up to the task. We’ll see, I’ve been wrong before. 

16 minutes ago, Foozball said:

I’m fine whether they do or don’t. Doesnt change the fact that SA won’t represent it in 2018, and it doesn’t change the fact that SA would be fighting for its life just to make it out of D11 this year. One of those is my opinion (soon to be fact) the other statement is indisputable (though you’ll try and dispute it).

Like garrison was fighting for its life back earlier this year in SA. Yes they came out on top,  but to act like they ran away with it is completely insane 

2 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

Like garrison was fighting for its life back earlier this year in SA. Yes they came out on top,  but to act like they ran away with it is completely insane 

I think they’ll run away with it this fo round.  42-21 something along those lines

12 minutes ago, Easttxmaniac said:

Dang im in kansas city. Home of the Chiefs. Im from SA. I have friends in garrison and SA. Athletic ability its SA all day. Everyday. But garrison focus is always football they aint worth a #### in any other sport. But i will say may the best team win . 

You are the only one talking about Garrisons other sports. No one has responded to you... garrison might not have had as much success in other sports but they compete in the other sports. 

Another issue is basketball loses so much time because most of the basketball players play football and when you start basketball a week or two before Christmas, it’s tough. Not an excuse, just a fact. 

Also if we garrison fans are babies for pulling for our team (for all the reasons already stated) and all the SA fans think we are stupid, please tell me how you plan to stop garrisons offense and how you plan to score on garrisons defense. Because I ain’t seen it yet on this thread ... and please don’t give me “we are more athletic” please let me know so I can watch for it tomorrow 

Don't say ALL, I never said that anybody was stupid. I love the game always have and always will and just Comin from experience of having garrison in my district or playing them From 7-12th grade almost, it was always a fight in the later years and they came out on top the varsity years with us taking them out the years before. Idk if it was better development or what, but they never were the same guys we played and neither were we. I've lived there And on the outskirts of Gtown, dad used to work at acme brick for cryin out loud. So I've been on both sides. When it all boils down to it, like it was said, the hungrier team will prevail. I don't think handing a game to either of these two teams would do them justice. I'm excited and ready for tomorrow. Wouldve been nice to have my lumberjack stadium to sit down in again but we have good history so far at Nac High.