Pittsburg vs Lorena

Pittpirate1919

Pittsburg vs Lorena  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Pittsburg
    • Lorena

The Pirates are much better than LE. Ā I feel this will be a tossup. Ā Lorena has flew under the radar all year. Ā I think they proved yesterday that they are a force. Ā This could be barn burner with miscues being a big factor on who wins. Ā I think the game will be won by 10 points or less

1 hour ago, DevelopQB said:

Pitt will win this one. Ā  Pitt will have the 3 best players in the game. Ā Pitt will play solid D and the speed factor is definitely on Pitts side. Ā Ā 

I donā€™t disagree. Ā I think Lorena May be better than people think

First, Pittsburg was not that much better than L-E. Better yes because L-E has 9 starters out. Lorena is solid. I consider this game a tossup, but I'm going with the Pirates. Their depth will be a factor because Lorena will put points on the board. They've got a quarterback similar to Jimmerson, not as good, similar. Lorena has a better running back, and they've got four good receivers, but Pitt has advantage at receiver. Could come down to special teams, and Lorena may have the edge there.

Ā 

14 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

First, Pittsburg was not that much better than L-E. Better yes because L-E has 9 starters out. Lorena is solid. I consider this game a tossup, but I'm going with the Pirates. Their depth will be a factor because Lorena will put points on the board. They've got a quarterback similar to Jimmerson, not as good, similar. Lorena has a better running back, and they've got four good receivers, but Pitt has advantage at receiver. Could come down to special teams, and Lorena may have the edge there.

Pitt is better. Injuries or no injuries. Everyone has injuries. I wouldnā€™t say ā€œmuch betterā€ though, LE is definitely a quality team. Lorena, looking at their schedule and their win against LE, look like a legit title contender. This game will be close. I feel like if Pitts defense can keep them in check we will have a great chance to win. OffensivelyĀ ā€œconservativeā€ or not weā€™ve scored 30+ for 5 straight games. I donā€™t think that will end here.Ā 

Havent seen the rb from Lorena but #6 Allen is a bruising back and a pretty good one

24 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Hogman2018 said:

The score was not as close as it looked! LE scored a couple of late TD in the game

How was the score not closeĀ as it looked when LE fought back and was driving for the tieĀ with 3 minutes remaining before a int? Sounds pretty close to me. But I got Pitt in this one.Ā 

3 hours ago, BandDirector said:

Who has better coach?

who has better QB?

who has better defense?

Great coaches on both sides, but because of experience I give the edge to Lorena. Jimmerson a great high school quarterback and so is Lorena kid, edge goes to Jimmerson. Pitt's defense will wear down because of depth, so edge goes to Lorena. 2 out of 3 to Lorena, but I'll still pick Pittsburg. And Pitt running back is outstanding, but Lorena back was incredible against L-E. He's faster for sure and has more moves.

• Thanks 1

I'm coming on here one time and I'm out, so don't worry about me. I just want to say that I have spent the majority of my life around this high school football stuff. I have seen every strategy and philosophy you can imagine. I prefer the aggressive approach any day. The point is to build for the future, always thinking ahead, while looking at the present. Still following me? It does not benefit a team or program to be conservative, because you're not working on things for the future. Why would you not want complete balance with the athletes Pitt has? If you make a habit of NOT working on everything available, you WILL NOT be polished for your moment of adversity. Still following me? In a win or season over situation, a conservative mind set is NOT acceptable. I have seen this scenario too many times. A conservative team eventually collides with a balanced (aggressive) team, and suddenly said conservative team wants to become aggressive! They begin trying to throw the ball and timing, pass protection, accuracy, hand and eye coordination, and a multitude of other ingredients are not there. It amazes me how so many coaches wait until adversity is staring them right in the face, before attempting to use a balanced attack. Why not be balanced, with an aggressive mentality, and put teams away early. This provides free time to work young players in to the rotation, so they can get vital playing time, which builds experience. Not to mention confidence and physical toughness! That's how you build on your program. What the Pittsburg coach is doing week in and week out is accomplishing nothing for the future of the Pitt football program. I watched the little interview with the Pitt coach after the game, and honestly I don't believe he possesses the mentality of a head coach. He seemed timid and unsure of himself. I don't believe he realises all of the talent he is surrounded with. Therefore, Pitt will never reach their full potential, and that is sad for the boys! I heard he was leaving after this season and that would be best. We need Jeff Traylor to come to Pittsburg. He would have taken these boys to a championship! Yeah, he would have. I love that man! He is a man who needs to be in complete control. He would have gotten it done. Pitt's season will end next week. Boys it has been a pure joy watching you play this year! After next week don't hold your heads down! If I could jump in that press box, I would. I would call every play for you guys! #6 I would give you a much deserved break! A whole team of athletes, and so much is expected of just a couple of players. Just ridiculous! Jimmerson, you did save the game last night! Your coach put y'all in a bad spot and you stepped up and made a huge play. Thank You young man! Everyone of you young men, Thank You for some fantastic memories! Just respect your coaches, and do what they say, no negative thoughts! Just like the coach said last night, no negative thoughts! I know the team is getting frustrated, I can read their body language. Let me bare the burden of negative thinking. I just speak the truth! I'm out! I'm going back to listening to Van in the blowout!

1 hour ago, Anxiety said:

I'm coming on here one time and I'm out, so don't worry about me. I just want to say that I have spent the majority of my life around this high school football stuff. I have seen every strategy and philosophy you can imagine. I prefer the aggressive approach any day. The point is to build for the future, always thinking ahead, while looking at the present. Still following me? It does not benefit a team or program to be conservative, because you're not working on things for the future. Why would you not want complete balance with the athletes Pitt has? If you make a habit of NOT working on everything available, you WILL NOT be polished for your moment of adversity. Still following me? In a win or season over situation, a conservative mind set is NOT acceptable. I have seen this scenario too many times. A conservative team eventually collides with a balanced (aggressive) team, and suddenly said conservative team wants to become aggressive! They begin trying to throw the ball and timing, pass protection, accuracy, hand and eye coordination, and a multitude of other ingredients are not there. It amazes me how so many coaches wait until adversity is staring them right in the face, before attempting to use a balanced attack. Why not be balanced, with an aggressive mentality, and put teams away early. This provides free time to work young players in to the rotation, so they can get vital playing time, which builds experience. Not to mention confidence and physical toughness! That's how you build on your program. What the Pittsburg coach is doing week in and week out is accomplishing nothing for the future of the Pitt football program. I watched the little interview with the Pitt coach after the game, and honestly I don't believe he possesses the mentality of a head coach. He seemed timid and unsure of himself. I don't believe he realises all of the talent he is surrounded with. Therefore, Pitt will never reach their full potential, and that is sad for the boys! I heard he was leaving after this season and that would be best. We need Jeff Traylor to come to Pittsburg. He would have taken these boys to a championship! Yeah, he would have. I love that man! He is a man who needs to be in complete control. He would have gotten it done. Pitt's season will end next week. Boys it has been a pure joy watching you play this year! After next week don't hold your heads down! If I could jump in that press box, I would. I would call every play for you guys! #6 I would give you a much deserved break! A whole team of athletes, and so much is expected of just a couple of players. Just ridiculous! Jimmerson, you did save the game last night! Your coach put y'all in a bad spot and you stepped up and made a huge play. Thank You young man! Everyone of you young men, Thank You for some fantastic memories! Just respect your coaches, and do what they say, no negative thoughts! Just like the coach said last night, no negative thoughts! I know the team is getting frustrated, I can read their body language. Let me bare the burden of negative thinking. I just speak the truth! I'm out! I'm going back to listening to Van in the blowout!

Seriously? LolĀ