4A DIV II REGION II SEMI-FINALS: Gilmer Vs. Pleasant Grove - 7:30 @ Allen Eagles Stadium

Sportsguru02

Gilmer vs Pleasant Grove  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 01:30 AM

55 minutes ago, Nonothing said:

Jackson is great but they were not even rushing him that much earlier in the year. He is missed but he wasn't the one sole good player on the defense. If you guys are hanging everything on one player being out, you're in for a long day. The Hawks have and will continue to step up.

Gilmer doesn't Gilmer anymore.

PG 21

Gilmer 0

You are out ur mind if u think Jackson didn’t cause that much damage you had to take two guys to block him so yes it messed the scheme up I’m not saying u guys don’t have any other good players but I will ganruntee u we won’t be shut out this game 

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

Does anyone like the Allen Stadium?  I went to a Longview playoff game there last year and I'll admit, the stadium looks very, very nice, but the seats are jammed WAY too close together and made the experience less than comfortable.  It was extremely difficult to get out and back down your row, to go to concessions and restrooms.  Maybe it's just me? 

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

66-14.  Let that sink in.  That’s the score of the Gilmer vs Carthage game in Gilmer earlier this year.

What does that got to do with anything our young guys got thrown in the fire without our best kids wasn’t no way we were ready to play that game just like we did y’all I’m 2014. This game and other games made our young kids get a lot of experience and we kept it afloat until our main guys got back healthy now it is showing on the field 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, DevelopQB said:

PG big 

Allen is a great venue but why there with this game.   This is an east Tx game that should have stayed for the fans.   Yes both teams will have their fans but most east Texas fans Will not make that trip.   Missed a huge sellout by not playing in Longview, Tyler or even Marshall.   JMO

My Pleasant too

Just now, Sportsguru02 said:

What does that got to do with anything our young guys got thrown in the fire without our best kids wasn’t no way we were ready to play that game just like we did y’all I’m 2014. This game and other games made our young kids get a lot of experience and we kept it afloat until our main guys got back healthy now it is showing on the field 

That comment was made for one poster only.  He has been trolling Carthage pretty hard lately and has made himself look like an idiot on our threads.  I meant no disrespect to Gilmer.  I want you guys to go win it all in 4A D2!

27 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

And if you remember that Dawg team didnt make it out of the 2nd round that year either. 

3 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I must say I like our chances, with us being healthy now this will be a great game from both teams I think with them not having Jackson will hurt them with not being able to put pressure on our passing game constantly 

Have you forgotten. Gilmer's coaches are terrible so you must not have a chance. Speaking for just myself I want to congratulate Coach Turner and his staff for a job well done the first two weeks of the playoffs. I'm pulling for the Hawks this week, but I fully understand how difficult you're going to make that possibility.

1 minute ago, 68Hornet said:

Have you forgotten. Gilmer's coaches are terrible so you must not have a chance. Speaking for just myself I want to congratulate Coach Turner and his staff for a job well done the first two weeks of the playoffs. I'm pulling for the Hawks this week, but I fully understand how difficult you're going to make that possibility.

Hahaha yea I forgot and I am looking forward to a great game 

Allen has some deal where they have an online video broadcast for playoff games at that stadium. Might play a part.

Anyway I think this game is very close. Both teams playing well, but PG still strikes me as the better overall team (and more consistent)—I’ll take them by a TD. 

3 hours ago, PGHAWKS said:

Not true, all the coaches agreed on the venue last week for this week.

Gladewater-Malakoff will draw a bigger crowd now.  Playing on a Friday night in Allen will make it difficult for most neutral East Texas fans that love HS football to attend.  I would have loved to have seen this game but I’ll be going to Tyler now. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I think PG wins again. When they played earlier this year the weather was terrible, and PG could not open up the run game with the pass. Gilmer is playing much better now, and their RB appears to be healthy. I think the BIG factor in this game will be the Gilmer OL. If they come to play, who knows...I know the it’s a cliche, but whoever wins the battle upfront is going to win this game. Definitely do not think this is going to be another 14-0 type game (unless weather is terrible). Let’s not forget PG has repeatedly shot themselves in the foot in games, that could be a big factor in this one. Three scoring opportunities blundered against Waco. Look, I almost talked myself out of picking PG, but sticking with the Hawks. 

51 minutes ago, Unbiased1 said:

I think PG wins again. When they played earlier this year the weather was terrible, and PG could not open up the run game with the pass. Gilmer is playing much better now, and their RB appears to be healthy. I think the BIG factor in this game will be the Gilmer OL. If they come to play, who knows...I know the it’s a cliche, but whoever wins the battle upfront is going to win this game. Definitely do not think this is going to be another 14-0 type game (unless weather is terrible). Let’s not forget PG has repeatedly shot themselves in the foot in games, that could be a big factor in this one. Three scoring opportunities blundered against Waco. Look, I almost talked myself out of picking PG, but sticking with the Hawks. 

Don’t forget our WR didn’t play either or Montgomery 

5 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Your coach didn’t want to play around here that is facts 

Had nothing to do with it. Nobody knew who was going to win and the four coaches agreed on Allen. If it had been Fairfield and Connally playing they didn't want to play in East Texas. A decision had to be made to lock up a good stadium for the third round.

• Like 1