4A DIV II REGION II SEMI-FINALS: Gilmer Vs. Pleasant Grove - 7:30 @ Allen Eagles Stadium

Sportsguru02

Gilmer vs Pleasant Grove  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 01:30 AM

21 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

Had nothing to do with it. Nobody knew who was going to win and the four coaches agreed on Allen. If it had been Fairfield and Connally playing they didn't want to play in East Texas. A decision had to be made to lock up a good stadium for the third round.

I bet they could’ve waited and found a good stadium in east Texas.  They did not all have to agree ahead of time could’ve come up with all the scenarios and decided on where to play. Like if we play you we play here or we play you and play there etc. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DevelopQB said:

PG big 

Allen is a great venue but why there with this game.   This is an east Tx game that should have stayed for the fans.   Yes both teams will have their fans but most east Texas fans Will not make that trip.   Missed a huge sellout by not playing in Longview, Tyler or even Marshall.   JMO

PG could have picked Grim as their choice, Gilmer could have chosen Longview, Pine Tree, or Mt. Pleasant and then flipped...……...Would have been a lotttttttt more cash in these schools hands

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Going with Gilmer. Wish the game was in East Texas. 

If you have Etex cable or know someone that does, you can watch the replay broadcast on Saturday morning, 10 o'clock on Channel 1.  You would have to listen to the Gilmer announcers though.  LOL  

Apparently they show it multiple times because the Fairfield game is on again right now.

11 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

66-14.  Let that sink in.  That’s the score of the Gilmer vs Carthage game in Gilmer earlier this year.

Carthage was fortunate to beat Pleasant Grove at home. There's some really good D2 teams that can play, even beat D1s. Overall, I agree D2 is down.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

I bet they could’ve waited and found a good stadium in east Texas.  They did not all have to agree ahead of time could’ve come up with all the scenarios and decided on where to play. Like if we play you we play here or we play you and play there etc. 

But that's the problem with wos and jasper. wos called jasper 3 or more times last week  to talk about a possible site, but jasper would never pick up the phone. Now they r still trying to decide to when and where people need to make plans that's y  u talk about things a little early to give  your fans a chance to see what  they might be able do to make the game. Don't care for last minute stuff 

12 hours ago, DWH73 said:

If you have Etex cable or know someone that does, you can watch the replay broadcast on Saturday morning, 10 o'clock on Channel 1.  You would have to listen to the Gilmer announcers though.  LOL  

Apparently they show it multiple times because the Fairfield game is on again right now.

I have etex. I usually dont watch games after I know the outcome. Just like everyone else,  I just assumed 2 teams from the same District would play local. I could understand playing in D/FW , if they were playing a West Texas school. 

28 minutes ago, Jedi94 said:

But that's the problem with wos and jasper. wos called jasper 3 or more times last week  to talk about a possible site, but jasper would never pick up the phone. Now they r still trying to decide to when and where people need to make plans that's y  u talk about things a little early to give  your fans a chance to see what  they might be able do to make the game. Don't care for last minute stuff 

Obviously they talked early because the stadium in Allen was agreed upon 

45 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

Obviously they talked early because the stadium in Allen was agreed upon 

Good. Because jasper never would answer the phone last week the when and where is still in doubt and people need to make plans. At least gilmer and pg fans know what they need to. Wos and jasper fans r still waiting. It's not far to the fans I think they need to know