4A DIV II REGION II SEMI-FINALS: Gilmer Vs. Pleasant Grove - 7:30 @ Allen Eagles Stadium

Sportsguru02

Gilmer vs Pleasant Grove  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 01:30 AM

Yeah I keep watching the weather myself. I sure was wanting a dry game. No excuses for anyone about the weather lol. Wanting to see 2 good teams battle it out to the end. Looks like we will be bringing out the rain gear once more. Hope the weather moves on for sure. 

21 hours ago, micotrav said:

Just following a predictable path of playoff patterns that the Buckeyes have followed for years.  They like to play in huge stadiums in the playoffs.   Just their personality, I guess.  I am not the coach, because, I ain't no coach and don't want to be, but If I were, I would prefer a stadium that was closer.  Out of that terrible traffic.  Much, much cheaper.  Bring my fans all together, so they make a ton of noise that can be heard.  Those big stadiums are like yelling at the bottom of the Grand Canyon!  Nobody can hear you.  I remember one year, Gilmer played at SMU and the town looked like they stayed home.  They played Celina... I think?  I went and got caught in traffic and got there at the end of the first quarter.  I counted and Gilmer had a little over 800 fans there.  I don't know why there were so few, other than the traffic problem. Ever since then and before, I always noticed the Buckeyes like the biggest stadiums.  

Micro, You have a nice stadium up there. The problem is the Visitor side is too small. Not sure why RC didn't plan that better. I know Gilmer has looked at RC before,  but unless they could be guaranteed the Home side, it doesn't make sense. Nobody wants to schedule a game and have a chance that all of their fans wont have a seat. 

• Like 1

Game day Buckeyes! Play hard with no regrets. Win or lose stay Humble and Proud. Safe travels to all going to and from the game. I pray there are no injuries. This is a team sport and will be some kids last night to play the game. We need to show up, be loud, and support our team.

GO Buckeyes!!!

On 11/28/2018 at 9:27 PM, eagle34 said:

Micro, You have a nice stadium up there. The problem is the Visitor side is too small. Not sure why RC didn't plan that better. I know Gilmer has looked at RC before,  but unless they could be guaranteed the Home side, it doesn't make sense. Nobody wants to schedule a game and have a chance that all of their fans wont have a seat. 

yep because Gilmer just might pack out the home and visitor side

4 hours ago, 36gut said:

I will be there, but I wish this could have been a doubleheader combined with the Carthage game at The Star.

I don't care if that meant the Gilmer game wouldn't start until 11 p.m. At least weather would no longer be a factor.

The lights could go out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

Guess you haven't been to Grim since the renovation. Seating could be better, but the stadium itself with concessions, dressing facilities, etc, matches up with almost anyone.

Guess you don’t read well. I am the one who said P G could have chosen Grim as their home field. 

2 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Is this game still a go? Weather is looking rough for this evening. Anybody got the latest scoop? Planning on leaving Texarkana around 2:00 PM. My weather app says moderate risk of Tornado, hail, strong winds and thunderstorms!

The buses are leaving @ 2:15, still a go for now.

On 11/28/2018 at 9:27 PM, eagle34 said:

Oh naw!!!!!!  That stadium could hold Cowboys games!!!!!  It’s huge!!!